Posted in MP3 | music | tour dates | video on November 5, 2007

DOWNLOAD: Delta Spirit - Streetwalker (MP3)
DOWNLOAD: Delta Spirit - Gimme Some Motivation (MP3) (via)

Dr. Dog
Dr Dog

Dr. Dog are playing some NYC-area shows this week - Thursday the 8th they're at Maxwell's in Hoboken, and one night later they headline Bowery Ballroom.

Delta Spirit are opening. They're a California band that remind me (and others) of Cold War Kids (another California band).

* KEXP:Song of the Day: Delta Spirit - Gimme Some Motivation
* Daytrotter: Free Songs: Delta Spirit
* Rock Insider: Delta Spirit - I Think I've Found It
* IGIF: Delta Spirit Return with Ode To Sunshine LP
Neither of the above MP3s are from Ode To Sunshine (Delta Spirit's new album).

Emily Lacy is also opening. Hopefully that means Emily is finally getting paid. Just two months ago she wrote,

I'll do anything for $ right now! play at your grandma's house! play while you make out with your brother in the bathroom! play in suit made of cucumbers while you film it! or theatrical work, (just did a lot of work for 365 july fest at the public theater in NYC, and in june wrote music for susan simpson's puppet play in LA ) --- I can do anything with my banjo for your money. I'll even busk in your living room right when you wake up in the morning! just like having your own personal slave!! i'll write you a wake up song!
A bunch of Dr. Dog videos, and all tour dates, below....

Dr. Dog - the GIRL (Live on Late Night TV 2007)

Dr. Dog - "My Old Ways"

Dr. Dog - 2007 Tour Dates
Nov 6 - Fletcher’s Baltimore, MD
Nov 7 - Rock and Roll Hotel DC, Washington DC
Nov 8 - Maxwell’s Hoboken, New Jersey
Nov 9 - Bowery Ballroom New York, New York
Nov 10 - Theater of the Living Arts Philadelphia
Dec 11 - The Zoo - Dew Process Party Brisbane
Dec 13 - Oxford Arts Factory Sydney
Dec 16 - Northcote Social Club Melbourne

Dr. Dog - "Fool's Life"

Previously
* more Dr. Dog

two bands i can't stand: dr. dog and cold war kids.

Posted by ko | November 5, 2007 11:04 AM

dr. dog is philly band.

Posted by Anonymous | November 5, 2007 11:21 AM

delta opened for cold war kids back a few months ago with tokyo police club on the bill. they were pretty good.

Posted by rock yo face off | November 5, 2007 11:44 AM

yeah, dr. dog is philly based. and they have philly pride as displayed in the above picture.

Posted by Anonymous | November 5, 2007 12:06 PM

Phillies had a great playoff run, good thing they knocked out the Mets only to get swept.

Posted by Anonymous | November 5, 2007 12:08 PM

Judging by how the Mets were playing at the end of season, I honestly dont think they would have done any better had they made it into the playoffs.

The Phillies played their asses off at the end of the regular season, and I dont think many teams had the heart that this ball club had. To see them get swept in the first round was a disappointment to say the least, but this is just the beginning for a talented team that wont be going anywhere anytime soon.

Posted by Anonymous | November 5, 2007 12:20 PM

yeah nice job getting swept chokers. get some pitching dipshits

Posted by Anonymous | November 5, 2007 12:31 PM

I dont think anyone choked. You comment on pitching (minus the dipshit part) is accurate though.

The Phillies were playing the team in baseball that was on the hottest streak at the time, so as unfortunate as it was to get swept, we played hard but were playing a really talented team. It happens.

Posted by Anonymous | November 5, 2007 1:02 PM

saw them in athens, georgia last thursday and it was marvelous. dr. dog is total hearty goodness - why all the haters?

Posted by team sassypants | November 5, 2007 2:40 PM

I agree. I've seen this band numerous times and they have never been a disappointment. Best show ever was when they opened up for M. Ward and My Morning Jacket at the TLA. Anyone going to the Maxwell's gig on Thursday?

Posted by qweebaroo! | November 5, 2007 3:17 PM

going to see them friday at bowery. i love these guys. like a edgy combination of the band and the beatles.

Posted by Anonymous | November 5, 2007 5:59 PM

played hard my ass, it wasnt even close. at least make it a series. phillies will never win anything cuz they are the phillies and they are jinxed.

Posted by Anonymous | November 5, 2007 7:35 PM

i guess they're okay if you like mediocre bands. it's sad what's passing for good these days.

Posted by ko | November 5, 2007 9:28 PM

"played hard my ass"

you know nothing about baseball. shutup.

Posted by Anonymous | November 6, 2007 12:30 PM

way to win the argument anon@12:30. at the point you are screaming shut up is the point I wonder if you are the Bill O'Reilly of baseball discussions. the Phillies were never in this series plain and simple. yes the Rockies were hot but so were the Phillies supposedly. they got in and couldn't even beat them when they were down by one run in the decisive game. their offense, a supposed strength, tanked. dictionary definition of choke.

Posted by Anonymous | November 6, 2007 4:55 PM

wow, I guess there is no love for Dr. Dog. This thread has turn into a baseball conversation. Is it OK to like baseball and indie? Discuss

Posted by qweebaroo! | November 7, 2007 9:38 AM

Foot in mouth. I really was not impressed at all last night with the show. Lame crowd was what really did it in for me. Thank god I sold my bowery tickets.

Posted by qweebaroo! | November 9, 2007 9:28 AM

let's go phitin's! ... dr. dog is the shit. delta spirit is fucking awesome.

Posted by matt | January 6, 2008 8:01 PM