Posted in music | tour dates | video on November 8, 2007

DOWNLOAD: The Velvet Underground - Rock and Roll (MP3)

Lou Reed & The Killers

Last time I posted this, it was just the song. Now here's the real video along with some behind the scenes clips where Lou Reed talks about his love for the song and the Killers...

The Killers feat. Lou Reed - Tranquilize (Official Video)

Watch the video for The Killers' new single "Tranquilize" that features rock legend Lou Reed. Directed by fashion photographer Anthony Mandler and filmed in New York's Hells Kitchen, the video is a dark and haunting effort that perfectly complements that song's raw lyrics and lurid, frantic melodies. Lou Reed is featured in the video as well.

The song is taken from The Killers' "Sawdust," a collection of B-sides and other rarities that will be released next week. [Arjan Writes]

The Killers, Lou Reed & Matt Pinfield - behind the scenes

Lou Reed also recently collaborated with Bright Eyes.

Matt Pinfield was recently hanging out at R Bar (at a party he co-produced). Matt is also on the same Sirius radio station as me.

You can hear the Killers cover Joy Division on the Control soundtrack. The song plays during the movie's closing credits.

Control

The Killers - 2007 Tour Dates
Nov 9 - Brisbane Entertainment Centre Brisbane, Queensland
Nov 10 - Sydney Entertainment Centre Darling Harbour, New South Wales
Nov 11 - Sydney Entertainment Centre Darling Harbour, New South Wales
Nov 13 - Rod Laver Arena Melbourne, Victoria
Nov 14 - Rod Laver Arena Melbourne, Victoria

one time i was listening to LOADED and i got so workedup i told!!! my girfrien to fuck me like a fax machine.

$he didn't. we just did it regular.

Posted by Taco Time for Mom & Dad | November 8, 2007 9:33 AM

oh lou. how the mighty have fallen. ps what the hell is going on in this video?

Posted by Anonymous | November 8, 2007 10:10 AM

"how the mighty have fallen"

fallen? Lou Reed has proved once again that he knows how to pick projects and stay relevant.

Posted by Anonymous | November 8, 2007 10:19 AM

Who applauds a great artist for "staying relevant?" It's about his music, not his visibility. And the music stinks. This is sad.

Posted by alex | November 8, 2007 10:58 AM

Does Pinfield still try to make 50 obscure music references in a 10 minute run on sentences without a breath?

Posted by Anonymous | November 8, 2007 11:03 AM

"And the music stinks."

What is so bad about it?

Posted by Anonymous | November 8, 2007 11:22 AM

This is horrible. Let's make a list of Musician artists over 50 nowadays that stay cool and don't grow into the fog of not having a clue. Sad.

Posted by Anonymous | November 8, 2007 11:40 AM

What's bad about it? It's dime-a-dozen radio rock. I would like to think that Lou would want to work with bands, you know, a little more out there.

Posted by Anonymous | November 8, 2007 12:26 PM

poor lou has lazy pitch and even lazier timing. and not in soulful way either. and when he doubles brandon? fucking yucky.

sorry y'all.

Posted by Anonymous | November 8, 2007 1:23 PM

"one time i was listening to LOADED and i got so workedup i told!!! my girfrien to fuck me like a fax machine"

I'm curious, how does it work? Kinky office sex is always fun, teach me master...

Posted by Anonymous | November 8, 2007 1:54 PM

This sounds like Moody Blues to me.

And why drag out Lou Reed? isn't all this Classic Rock/Indie Legend piggybacking and apparent marketing marriages getting a bit tired and transparent? Pete Townsend and the Fratelli's. David Bowe and Arcade Fire. Lou Reed and The Killers. The Strokes/Robert Pollard. Bruce Springsteen and whoever will cover one of his songs (Hold Steady I guess is the successor there? pale.)

Anyway, how nice to see the older generation bowing to the younger for attention.

Posted by slim | November 8, 2007 2:06 PM

Dude, fucking pathetic. Lou was (emphasis on "was") one of my favorite artists. I really looked up to him man, but this is like watching a war-veteran grandpa doing an awful rap. You had a lot of respect for him, but you cannot get that terrible, awkward image out of your head.

Posted by Erik | November 8, 2007 3:29 PM

Personally I think Tranquilize is a beautiful song best delivered acoustically with only Brandon on vocals.

Posted by Anonymous | November 8, 2007 9:08 PM

Hey Eric, My grandpa is a WW2 veteran and does a great rap!

Posted by Anonymous | November 10, 2007 1:50 PM

More proof that the Killers are one of the greatest bands on the planet. but wait more than 5 people know about them and they have actual melodies . Guess they aren't cool with the 'indie' crowd

Posted by evs | November 10, 2007 8:03 PM

This song is absolutely awful. It makes me wish I was deaf.

Posted by Anonymous | November 15, 2007 10:03 PM

Does anyone who is opening for the Killers? do you know when the Killers go on?

Posted by Anonymous | October 23, 2008 1:19 PM

the song is great. ive seen lou reed. and ive seen the killers both seperately. i think they should go tour together. they could mix it up alot. imagine lou singing "indierock n roll

Posted by Anonymous | November 12, 2008 8:49 AM

Nice video and it songs are absolutely amazing and wonderful.i think they have some magic in their music.

Posted by Resveratrol Ultra | June 17, 2009 3:11 AM

If you are willing to buy real estate, you would have to get the loans. Furthermore, my mother all the time utilizes a term loan, which seems to be the most fast.

Posted by RileySusan18 | March 10, 2010 10:32 PM