Posted in music | video on November 9, 2007

Mum in Washington DC - Nov 7, 2007 (CRED)
Mum @ DC

Múm play Wordless Music Series shows here in NYC tonight (Nov 9) & tomorrow (tix). Check out their video for 'Rhubarbidoo', below...

Directors: Overture
Date: 2007
The track was taken from Múm's latest LP "Go Go Smear The Posion Ivy" on Fatcat Records.

Overture was born of Jason Malcolm Brown and Aya Yamasaki Brown in the final days of August, 2004. A focal point where their creative intertwined, Aya and Jason created an opera house where all the peoples of their worlds could perform and be entertained. As the opening to an opera, Overture stands to introduce and describe these worlds through their work, resting mainly in animation and improvised illustration.

Grizzly Bear played the last Wordless show.

Previously
* more Mum

Montreal's Torngat (myspace.com/torngat) is opening for them tonight. It's their first NYC show.

Posted by bumpershine | November 9, 2007 2:00 PM

this is very phallic.

Posted by Anonymous | November 9, 2007 2:04 PM

has anyone seen a show at tonight's venue? being in a church, is it going to be seated in pews?

Posted by Anonymous | November 9, 2007 2:58 PM

Just got back from the second mum show. I saw them both and recorded them both. The St. Paul's is up on my site:
Tonight's show will be up within the next 6-12 hours.

Amazing shows, mum is really as good as ever.

Posted by danlynch | November 11, 2007 12:38 AM

Mum is dead.

Posted by kristin anna | November 11, 2007 1:01 AM

Kria Brekkan cites Camus.

Posted by nyctaper | November 11, 2007 2:32 AM

Mum's current lineup just doesn't seem inspiring without the dark, mysterious Valtýsdóttir sisters. how was the show?

Posted by Former Mum Fan | November 11, 2007 3:14 PM

Dear Former Member,

Mum is not the same band anymore. Without the Valtýsdóttir sisters, the whimsey sounds are gone. Mum without an accordian or a half trumpet/violin is sad. The replacement vocals are very full and non-wispy and the music is cheesier.

Mum was my favoritest band ever. Alas, not anymore. I'm sure they will get new fans, but it will be like U2. Meaning that there will be a definite split between the new and old skools. I'm old skool.

Posted by martha | November 11, 2007 3:25 PM

So you were only half a fan between 2002 and 2006, when it was just Kristin?

I have been a fan for several years, and have seen pre- and post-Kristin versions of the band. At the debut of the new version (Sugarcubes Reunion last year), I was disappointed.

After seeing these last two performances, I have to say that the band is really as good as ever. Different, certainly, but equally entrancing.

Kristin in an amazing talent, and I continue to support her solo Kria Brekkan career.

I have recordings of both of the Wordless performances on my site. Download them and see that whatever impossible expectations you brought to the show (they're not Kristin!) perhaps clouded your enjoyment. The music was outstanding.

Posted by nyctaper | November 11, 2007 7:10 PM

i've seen em pre- and post- (showbox in seattle a few years ago and neumo's in seattle couple weeks ago) and i was a fan several years before the first time i seen em. the show with the new lineup was loads better imo.

Posted by true | November 14, 2007 6:31 PM