Posted in music on November 6, 2007

Prince tattooPrince tattoo

Lawyers for Prince have ordered several of the superstar's biggest fan sites to remove any image that bears his likeness, prompting fans to form a group to fight the demands.

Three websites, housequake.com, princefams.com and prince.org have come together to form 'Prince Fans United' in response to the situation, which even sees demands to remove images of fans' own tattoos. [NME]

Sounds like a reasonable fight that I couldn't give a rat's ass about.

Posted by Anonymous | November 6, 2007 9:55 AM

From princefansunited.com:

"Prince claims that fansites are not allowed to present any artwork with Prince's likeness, to the extreme that he has demanded removal of fan's own photographs of their Prince inspired tattoos and their vehicles displaying Prince inspired license plates."

Not to diminish your claim, fans, but everybody spells like Prince on their vanity plates....

Litigate Un2 the Joy Fantastic.

Posted by M | November 6, 2007 10:29 AM

Wow Prince, smart move, great way to retain your fan base.

Posted by Drugs Delaney | November 6, 2007 11:44 AM

This is all a silly miscommunication stemming from a small typo: the REAL memo from Prince said he 'demands all his fans to take down their PANTS', not 'pages'.

Posted by greg | November 6, 2007 12:06 PM

further proof that getting the prince logo tattooed on ones body isn't a good idea

Posted by nemo | November 6, 2007 1:04 PM

I just got a tattoo of a dick. On my dick.

Posted by Anonymous | November 6, 2007 1:11 PM

That's a sweet looking Prince tattoo. Both of 'em!

Posted by Chelsea Rodgers | November 6, 2007 2:55 PM

Ooo, BV likes to live dangerously (by posting those pictures of the tattoos).

Posted by Jackie Chiles | November 6, 2007 9:05 PM

I bet these people are seriously regretting these tattoos now.

Posted by Anonymous | November 19, 2007 4:47 PM

i got my 1st prince tat in 92 whan i worked for his only officaly recognises fan club mag 'Controversy' and have been adding to it eversince, i am in my late 40's and still in love with his music. All i can say is follow your heart.

Posted by REBECCA | July 18, 2009 4:21 PM

I'll be getting the love symbol <3

Posted by MITCHeartless | July 12, 2010 10:30 AM

I got my first Prince tat too "Principe" in 1989 when I was about 23. I am now also close to 50, and I still plan to get more tattoes with Prince inspired art. Nobody can stop that! I'm a hardcore Prince "friend". Now run and tell ya mama bout that! Peace, Lovesexy Annalise

Posted by Annalisa Gabrielle | April 9, 2014 12:51 PM