Posted in MP3 | music | tour dates on November 9, 2007

DOWNLOAD: Sightings - Perforated (MP3)

SightingsSightings came out with their sixth album on October 28th. "Through The Panama" was released by Ecstatic Peace (Thurston Moore's label), and was produced by Andrew W.K. Download a track from it above. Here's who's playing @ Cake Shop in NYC tonight (Nov 9, 2007):

1st: VIZUSA (Caitlin and Calder, ex Excepter)
2nd: METALUX
3rd: SIGHTINGS record release party
4th: ANDREW W.K. (solo keyboard performance)
DJS: Russ and Lea from Blues Control, Chris Freeman (fusetron) $7, 21 and over, 8pm doors
More tour dates below....

Sightings - 2007 Tour Dates
Nov 9 - Cake Shop (RECORD RELEASE SHOW) New York, New York
Dec 7 - AS220 Providence, Rhode Island
Dec 8 - Mercury Lounge New York, New York

SIGHTINGS DISCOGRAPHY
4 song 7" (Freedom From, 2001)
"Live" cass. (Spite, 2001)
"Sightings" cd/lp (Load, 2002)
"Live at Free 103.9 FM" cd-r (Free 103.9 FM, 2002)
"Michigan Haters" cd (Psych-O-Path, 2002)
"Absolutes" cd/lp (Load/Riot Season, 2003)
"Unreleased Vols. 1 & 2" cd-r (no label, 2003)
"Gardens of War" w/ Tom Smith cd (Smackshire, 2004)
"Arrived In Gold" cd/lp (Load, 2004)
"Castle Moat/Invisible Coats" 7" (Fusetron, 2005)
"Back to Back/Une Drole De Journee" 7" split with Hrvatski (Ache, 2005)
"End Times" cd/lp (Fusetron/ En/Of, 2006)
"Through The Panama" cd/lp (Load-CD/Ecstatic Peace-LP, 2007)

SIGHTINGS - THROUGH THE PANAMA TRACK LISTING:

1. A Rest
2. Debt Depths
3. Cloven Hoof
4. The Electrician
5. This Most Real of Hells
6. Perforated
7. Certificate of No Effect
8. Through the Panama
9. Degraded Hours
10. Black Peter

Sightings record is on Load Records, per pitchfork review.

Posted by Anonymous | November 9, 2007 12:36 PM

Load - CD, Ecstatic - LP

Posted by Anonymous | November 9, 2007 12:39 PM

This was absolutely painful to attend. Since when had Andrew W.K devolved into a self-indulgent hipster making terrible "noise rock"?? When I saw him 4 years ago it was low brow and wonderful and I didn't get my break from thinking I really needed on Friday night.

Posted by i rather not | November 11, 2007 5:06 PM

Posted by i rather not | November 11, 2007 5:07 PM

Hmm.
This was actually a very good show, some of the best forward-thinking music I've seen in some time.. Even Vizusa, who can be out there at times, rocked out, joined by Pete Nolan of Magik Markers on drums on one song. Metalux are a girl guitars and electronics duo who are very textural and interesting. Sightings are on a roll musically at present - an exemplary combination of noise, rhythm, and emotion. Andrew WK was a surprise and put on a virtuoso keyboard improvisation, part of which took classical root material such as bach and tchaikovsky to extraordinary levels of intensity.

But 'low brow'? no I guess not.

Posted by joly | November 13, 2007 1:27 AM

I even couldn't imagine that these guys are so cool! That was great, for sure!

Posted by Thomas | July 13, 2010 10:30 AM