Posted in music | tour dates on November 5, 2007

Steve Winwood & Eric Clapton

On the heels of a stunning collaboration at the Chicago Crossroads Guitar Festival in July of 2007 and after much speculation, Steve Winwood and Eric Clapton announced today three eagerly anticipated concerts at New York’s Madison Square Garden. In what will be one of the must see shows of this decade Winwood and Clapton will perform together February 25th, 26th, 28th, 2008.
continued below...

“I'm very excited about these upcoming shows with Eric. Blind Faith was a long time ago and we have both come a long way since then. It was a wonderful experience for me to play at Crossroads this summer and I'm really looking forward to exploring some more music together in February,” said Winwood.

“I have wanted to play with Steve for a long time. I consider him a friend and a truly gifted musician. Our set at the Crossroads Festival this summer was a real treat, so I expect these shows will be good fun for us and for the fans,” said Clapton.

"Tickets will go on-sale first to American Express cardmembers through a special pre-sale, beginning Monday, November 12th at 9am. Tickets can be purchased via ticketmaster.com. If tickets remain, a general on-sale date will follow on Monday, November 19 at 9am." (fuck you, non-American Express card holders!)

ZZZzzzzz

I heard Glen Miller is openin.

Meanwile, my gf moved to Canada andtook all of my cookbook.

-------------------------------------------------
Sent from my Blaxberry supertiny computerphone

Posted by Taco Time for Mom & Dad | November 5, 2007 10:55 AM

is someone watching the babies at the hotel during the show????

Posted by Anonymous | November 5, 2007 12:09 PM

Bullshit, this sounds like it will be a great experience. But these special sales to specific credit card holders, that's just bull. I'll deal with the "Special Presale" of only a certain amount of tickets. But this says, If tickets remain, they'll go on sale. I just hope that 20,000 AMEX people don't decide to go to the show.

Oh yeah, and the VISA commercials kicked AMEX commercials ass!

Posted by Jared | November 5, 2007 2:12 PM

Good point, Jared. Usually, the best seats aren't made available during an AmEx presale, but WTF is going on with this one?

Will Clapton sing Chaka Khan's vocals on "Higher Love"?

Posted by Anonymous | November 5, 2007 10:38 PM

lies...you've never had a gf

Posted by Walter | December 3, 2007 12:20 AM

Hey Taco time and anonymous, you guys probably think pavement is a good band.

These guys are absolute legends, so far ahead of any of the insipid crap you hear today from todays so called 'musicians'.

It was a sell out...without your help.
HA...

Posted by George S | April 20, 2008 7:12 AM

ugh, anyone have an extra for the wurst boat tonight? i am decidedly not on a boat
Excellent post, thank you very much for taking the time to share with those who are starting on the subject. Greetings
------------------

Posted by Youtube | April 15, 2010 3:20 PM

Wonderful post and the location is beautiful and elegant in design and information and everything>>> to Favorites
Amazing is an enormous understatement. One of the best electronic shows I've ever been to and I've seen well over a thousand concerts. I had no idea Vladislav Delay was as good a drummer & percussionist as he is- fabulous and he kept everything swinging with a very unique style of playing. If you missed this you missed out big time...
===================