Posted in music on December 5, 2007

Amy Winehouse in bra

It didn't shock me that Amy Winehouse was found (in the UK) walking around barefoot and shirtless in the middle of the night. I am kind of surprised that the story made the cover of one of NYC's most visible newspapers yesterday though. I would say I was confused by the Post's decision, but obviously they do what they think will sell papers.

The Post isn't really a newspaper- it's a gossip rag with a nice Sports section & some right-wing op-eds.
It's pretty much somewhere between The Enquirer and the Daily News.

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 10:08 AM

i dont really care about all this but she has by far the most stereotypical, non original tats ive ever seen on a skank.

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 10:12 AM

I'm actually more confused that you're confused by the Post's decision to put that picture on the front page. I thought the NY Post was well known as the sleaziest, most sensational "newspaper" of all time!

Posted by Drugs Delaney | December 5, 2007 10:53 AM

women in bras sell papers. the post does this about once every two months.

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 10:57 AM

Yeah i am shocked at you thinking that as well, BV. The Post putting that on the cover is completely in line with who they are and what they do. Col Allen who is the editor of the Post used to edit The Sun in England. That should tell you everything.
What is also shocking is the response by Amy's publicist that it was nothing out of the ordinary. She just was woken up by a loud sound and went looking for the source. She didnt realize what time it was so she ran out in her bra and without shoes. Are you kidding me? I am so sick of these fuckheads trying to play people like they are idiots. Plus, talk about an enabler.

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 11:12 AM

I agree with 11:12. Some of the bologna these publicists feed us is insulting. I can't wait to hear what 50 cent's people pull out of their ass about this coke thing.

Posted by monique | December 5, 2007 11:23 AM

'Post' is an acronym for 'piece-of-shit tabloid'.

Posted by meh | December 5, 2007 11:28 AM

I agree with the above posters. Why wouldn't the Post want to put this on the cover? Maybe BV is surprised that it was Amy Winehouse on the cover rather than an American tartlet?

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 11:37 AM

just hurry up and OD and die....

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 11:39 AM

"Maybe BV is surprised that it was Amy Winehouse on the cover rather than an American tartlet?"

pretty much, yeah

Posted by brooklynvegan | December 5, 2007 11:41 AM

pretty much, yeah

Posted by brooklynvegan | December 5, 2007 11:41 AM

Well cmon, Britney Spears can't be a fucking train wreck everyday.

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 11:47 AM

Posted by Jimbo | December 5, 2007 12:12 PM

"I would most likely NOT eat ice cream out of Amy's ass....but I might eat a corndog out of her cleavage though.

Posted by Jimbo | December 5, 2007 12:12 PM"

Most likely you would not eat ice cream out of her ass??????? How could there even be a 1% chance of you doing that? Doing that would be a clear path to getting scurvy or even something worse.

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 12:42 PM

I'm surprised she hasn't killed herself yet.

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 12:44 PM

caught aw & co. in phila. she only wobbled in her shoes a bit. little girl lost not a stunt - look at her expression, poor t'ing. here's hoping true friends keep her from following belushi to early grave. i for 1 pray she makes it.

Posted by drunkenstepdad | December 5, 2007 1:19 PM

Anon 11:39, I hope you die first. And I mean it from the heart.

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 1:21 PM

lol at the word 'tarlet'

Posted by Mandy | December 5, 2007 2:36 PM

Anon 12:42 - you are clearly not versed in the age old practice of ice creamed ass eating. As long as you do it safely and properly, there's very little chance of contracting anything other than a damn good time.
By the way, there is a 1% chance that I'd eat ice cream out of YOUR ass, if that helps to clear things up for you. I love ass-cream that damn much.

Posted by Jimbo | December 5, 2007 2:36 PM

ANON 1:21, Only if you go with me!

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 3:24 PM

gimmick.

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 4:33 PM

What would happen if we ALL got together and stopped listening to shitty music and paying attention to ridiculous marketing gimmicks at the SAME TIME?

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 4:45 PM

to lift steinem's phrase (fits): aw needs a gimmick like a fish nedds a bicycle. jackass haters.

Posted by drunkenstepdad | December 5, 2007 9:58 PM

to lift steinem's phrase (fits): aw needs a gimmick like a fish needs a bicycle. jackass haters.

Posted by drunkenstepdad | December 5, 2007 9:58 PM

"I am kind of surprised that the story made the cover of one of NYC's most visible newspapers yesterday though"

um...

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 10:24 PM

why is amy winehouse such a fucking idiot

Posted by Jared | December 6, 2007 2:58 AM

I think AW is very talented. I am sorry that she is having trouble handling the fame & associated pressure.

It is odd that people whose largest life accomplishment is posting to a blog are so gleefully hateful. It is nice that these losers can at least derive pleasure from attacking those who, whatever their problems, contribute to culture.

Posted by Penny | April 7, 2008 2:30 PM