Posted in MP3 | holiday music | music on December 25, 2007

DOWNLOAD: Belle and Sebastian - Are You Coming Over For Christmas? (MP3)

Merry Christmas from Belle and Sebastian

The lovely new song that is streaming on the home page is called 'Are You Coming Over For Christmas?' and was recorded this week in Glasgow, being completed with three days to spare!

It is a brand new recording and the band's first studio output since last year's 'The Life Pursuit' album.

As well as the band members, it features guest vocals by Celia Garcia, double bass by Dave McGowan, saxophones and clarinet by James Swinburne and harp by Helen Macleod. It was arranged by Mick Cooke, engineered by Steven Clark and mixed by Stuart McCredie.

The track can be streamed from the homepage or the band's MySpace profile. As a special Xmas present, we will switch on the download function on the MySpace from midnight 'til midnight on Christmas Day. Happy Christmas! [Belle and Sebastian]

Nice track. Does anyone know what the status is with the bands new album? Is there even a new album?

Posted by Anonymous | December 25, 2007 11:49 PM

There is no new album, yet.

Posted by Admin | December 26, 2007 1:34 AM

Thanks for the track!

Posted by Anonymous | December 26, 2007 2:33 AM

Supposedly Stuart's working on some movie, and I think he's already written a lot of music for it. But who knows? They've been very secretive in 2007.

Hopefully we'll have more than 1 new Christmas song in 2008. (Although, that song is pretty great, isn't it?)

It would be nice while they're not releasing any new stuff to at least put out an official release of some of their radio sessions, etc. They had talked about doing it around the time they reissued the EPs as "Push Barman...", but it never materialized.

Posted by rocked the shit | December 26, 2007 11:58 AM

Stevie from Belle & Sebastian plays solo at Union Hall and Mercury Lounge in January.

Posted by Jack | December 26, 2007 12:08 PM

BV, who's Admin? (See URL of his or her sig.)

Posted by Q. Rius | December 26, 2007 12:29 PM

I love Belle, shes cute and Sebastian roacks.

Posted by Como ganar mas dinero | January 10, 2010 7:07 AM

I love Belle, shes cute and Sebastian roacks.

Posted by Como ganar mas dinero | January 10, 2010 7:08 AM

I also like Belle very much. Thanks a lot for sharing such a nice track with us. Keep blogging. Looking forward to reading your next posts.

Posted by Offerte Elba | March 17, 2010 3:03 AM

Posted by hd wallpaper | August 3, 2010 12:54 PM

I thought I had heard everything by B&S but I've never heard this one.. Nice now that it's Christmas soon and all. Cheers!

Posted by toaster oven | December 7, 2010 4:41 PM

I'm a huge fan of Belle and Sebastian, and I had no idea they'd written a Christmas song. Kind of late now, but it'll be nice for next year. :)

Posted by Toaster oven reviews | January 27, 2011 2:31 PM

Sounds like a really nice treat for Christmas. I wish I has the chance to attend one of their concerts but Glasgow is a little bit too far from where I live. Thanks for the recommendation, good music and good decorations generally contribute a lot to a perfect Christmas.

Posted by Artificial Christmas Trees | February 1, 2011 9:32 AM

Great song! Same as the comment above me I wish i had known about this for this last Christmas but I guess I can still play it during Christmas next year. Belle and Sebastian are extremely talented.

Posted by Bed In A Bag Sets | February 21, 2011 10:58 PM

Belle and Sebastion rock! The song 'Are you coming home for Christmas' became my new favorite Christmas song last year. Thanks for keeping everybody posted on their info.

Posted by academy sports coupons | March 29, 2011 12:03 AM

I agree, the song was excellent... love those guys!!!

Posted by lipton tea coupons | May 11, 2011 1:18 PM

The blog was absolutely fantastic! Lot of great information which can be helpful in some or the other way. Keep updating the blog, looking forward for more contents...Great job, keep it up..

Posted by corporate entertainer | June 10, 2011 3:09 AM