Posted in comedy | music on December 5, 2007

the second in a series where we asked comedians to tell us what was good this year....

Rob Huebel

Rob Huebel is one of the fellows from the hit TV series Human Giant (whose second season is currently in production). He was also a member of the UCBNY sketch troupe Respecto Montalban - a troupe that Rob Riggle, Paul Scheer, and Jackie Clarke were also members of. A very busy writer, comedian, producer, and actor, Rob took some time out to give BV readers his list of the best music of 2007-ish. -Klaus

- - -

Not everything on mine is from 2007 technically, but it's what was on my brain in 2007. In no particular order:

Previously
* Best of 2007 by Dave Hill

Sound of Silver is topping everyone's list in 07.

Posted by monique | December 5, 2007 11:14 AM

what a crap list...

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 11:24 AM

Blood Mountain was 2006. Poseur.

Posted by anna | December 5, 2007 11:25 AM

hey anna, what part of "Not everything on mine is from 2007 technically" couldn't you understand?

Posted by banana | December 5, 2007 11:42 AM

Lil' Wayne... Ok, buddy.

Posted by hoobajoob junior | December 5, 2007 11:43 AM

sound of silver is good a lot. gonna listen right now actually.

Posted by jonathan | December 5, 2007 11:47 AM

"what a crap list..."

Would love to hear your list, anonymous 11:24

Posted by Eric | December 5, 2007 4:36 PM

I will not express my opinion on that man's top 10 list until I am absolutely certain that he only enjoys bowling IRONICALLY.

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 5:22 PM

To be fair it is kind of a crap list - sorry - I'm embarrassed for him

Posted by SEAAYESSEEWHY | December 5, 2007 5:43 PM

oh, because bowling is only for pedophilic scumbags? or it's too lower-class america for you? go eat a big fat "ironic" turd, anonymous.

Posted by a | December 5, 2007 5:43 PM

He's a comedian. It's probably less cool than David Cross's list, but way cooler than Jerry Seinfeld's list.

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 5:55 PM

blood mountain was released toward the end of 2006 and they toured 2007 to support it. so don't be such a douche, anna. i def fucking agree that it was one of the best albums (i'd even put it on my top 5!) to rock my world in 2007. seeing them live this summer was well worth getting my ribs cracked on the barrier and losing my voice for a few hours.

Posted by cakes4rockstars | December 6, 2007 12:33 PM

Posted by cakes4rockstars | December 6, 2007 12:35 PM

Posted by cakes4rockstars | December 6, 2007 12:36 PM

People should not forget about girltalk! Good list!

Posted by e.s | December 24, 2007 12:52 PM

why is it that every comment section on every page of internet is full of pathetic arguing which basically ends with everyone getting way too pissed and calling each other fags? oh my god u guyz, rob huebel is such a posEUr. u fagz.

Posted by Anonymous | January 21, 2008 11:29 AM

Anon. 11:29 AM, you're worse than a fag, you're a child molester.

Posted by Anonymous | January 21, 2008 11:40 AM

For what apparently amounts to "progressive" or "independent-leaning" readers and music fans, most of you are disgusting, offensive assholes. Like, can we just not use the word "fag" and still insult each other for ridiculous, shallow reasons? I don't see how the word or one's sexuality has anything to do with Rob Huebel's list. He likes what he likes, big fucking deal. Get off it. I mean, I think LCD Soundsystem and Band of Horses are crap, but I also like bowling...does that mean that I enjoy the sexual company of people my own sex?

Oh, also, Lil Wayne is the truth.

Posted by Dom Sinacola | March 10, 2008 12:36 PM

who the hell cares about how cool his list is? It's a list. And it's his. How does this affect you in any way?

Posted by dan | March 10, 2008 6:12 PM

Breaking: Pitchforkmedia, Human Giant lurk the comments on Brooklyn Vegan.

Posted by Sean | March 10, 2008 7:02 PM

Hello, Pitchfork readers! Blow me!

Posted by David | March 11, 2008 1:35 AM

Hello, David.

Posted by pitchforkreader | March 11, 2008 3:00 PM

*blows*

Posted by pitchforkreader | March 11, 2008 6:22 PM

bite me, you could blow me too, if you want. New human Giant ep. tonight though.

Posted by Anonymous | March 11, 2008 7:24 PM

Why is it that every comment section on every page of internet is full of pathetic arguing which basically ends with everyone getting way too pissed and calling each other fags?

Posted by online games | April 21, 2009 4:35 AM

I can't think of any human being more disgusting than a Brooklyn Vegan. Hahaha suck it losers.

Posted by Sen. Robert Dole | September 17, 2010 11:17 AM

Posted by Imagine divx | December 28, 2010 7:37 AM

lol

Posted by Anonymous | March 4, 2011 1:55 PM

Do people really think Lil Wayne is bad?
Go back to youtube fags. How's being 12 years old and being a Immortal Technique fanboy like?

Posted by Anonymous | July 24, 2012 8:37 PM