Posted in music | pictures on December 5, 2007

Dirty Projectors @ Bowery Ballroom

My opinion hasn't changed. A Dirty Projectors concert is an extremely pleasant experience. Like the friendly heckler said, "Why are you so amazing?!" I just wish they played an encore. More photos by Bao Nguyen below....

Dirty Projectors @ Bowery Ballroom

Dirty Projectors @ Bowery Ballroom

Dirty Projectors @ Bowery Ballroom

Dirty Projectors @ Bowery Ballroom

Dirty Projectors @ Bowery Ballroom

Dirty Projectors @ Bowery Ballroom

Dirty Projectors @ Bowery Ballroom

Dirty Projectors @ Bowery Ballroom

all photos are of the Dirty Projectors @ Bowery Ballroom in NYC (Dec 4, 2007) (and taken by Bao Nguyen)

Sidetrack, White Williams & Julianna Barwick opened. Get a new Dirty Projectors/Sidetrack track.

Dirty Projectors - 2007 Tour Dates
Dec 5 - middle east boston, Massachusetts
Dec 7 - johnny brenda’s philadelphia, Pennsylvania

spotted in the crowd:

Tunde from TV on the Radio, most of Grizzly Bear, Craig Wedren, Michael Azerrad, members of Professor Murder, Jon Pareles, and Tom Eaton.

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 11:39 AM

The rumors aren't rumors at all...
The Dirty Projectors are beyond the real deal.

Posted by Greg | December 5, 2007 11:43 AM

The friendly heckler was Ed from Grizzly Bear.

You have been outed.

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 11:43 AM

the crowd was the hippest and youngest I've ever seen at a Bowery Ballroom show. I'm willing to bet that most people took the L train to get there.

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 11:44 AM

They don't play encores.

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 11:46 AM

Ian Williams was there. Lo, he did NOT touch tap.

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 11:47 AM

An "Extremely pleasant experience." Wow, with that kind of endorsement who can turn that down? Next up: Watching paint dry...or better yet, watching us bomb Iran since 90% of us are out busy having "extremely pleasant experiences".

Posted by harold | December 5, 2007 11:53 AM

they ruled per usual.

also, i don't mind the encore-less show, as they have done before.

most bands nowadays are barely offstage for a minute before their "encore" which is bullshit. if you're going to do a proper encore be offstage at least 4-10 minutes. i get really disappointed when a band goes offstage, gets new water bottles and then return immediately, it kills all anticipation.

Posted by mat | December 5, 2007 11:54 AM

"Breathtaking Show....I was honestly floored. Other than Daft Punk, this definitely was my top show of the year.
The rumors aren't rumors at all...
The Dirty Projectors are beyond the real deal.

Posted by Greg | December 5, 2007 11:43 AM"

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 11:56 AM

new drummer is better, sorry old drummer

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 11:57 AM

setlist?

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 12:01 PM

Best band on earth.

Not liking the Dirty Projectors is like not liking chocolate ice cream. Which, you know, some people don't, and that's ok. But it's still chocolate ice cream.

Posted by Dylan | December 5, 2007 12:09 PM

yeah - that definitely sounded like ed from grizzly bear yelling to me

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 12:11 PM

And I think the setlist was:

(Spray Paint) The Walls
Gimmee Gimmee Gimmee
Thirsty & Miserable
Fucked For Life
Depression
Not Having Found
Police Story
New Attitude
Imagine It
Rise Above

Posted by Dylan | December 5, 2007 12:12 PM

the encored at the whitney when they played this summer, albeit without a drummer

Posted by howell | December 5, 2007 12:16 PM

Posted by harold | December 5, 2007 11:53 AM

Harold-- BV was obviously making a joke, being coy, whatever you want to call it. His feelings on the Projectors has been made very clear:

Sheesh, for people who wear their sarcasm as a badge of pride (or a suit of armor), I'm always amazed at how commenters on message boards have a COMPLETE INABILITY to understand context, subtext or subtlety.

Why can't we have a intelligent discussion around here? If people spent half the time backing up their points that they spend making stupidly narrow, nitpicky comments and working Iran into their post, I might actually have some hope for the state of modern musical discourse.

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 12:17 PM

Posted by harold | December 5, 2007 11:53 AM

Posted by A Roach | December 5, 2007 12:17 PM

Dear Anonymous,

The rumors aren't rumors at all...
The Dirty Projectors are beyond the real deal.

Posted by Greg | December 5, 2007 11:43 AM"

"Oh for christsake already. And they say illegal downloading is killing the music business. Just ridiculous."

So, Um, did I say it was THE best show? No. I said it was MY best show.
Are you me? No. Fuck Off.

Posted by Greg | December 5, 2007 12:26 PM

Dear Amber Coffman (the guitarist on the right),

You were quite sexy last night. You looked great and sounded great, and you kept up with Dave on that guitar like it warn't no thang. We should hang out.

Secondly, this gets me thinking...does Longstreth pull any ass? Sure, he's wicked talented, but he sure is weird. And he's not that great looking, is he?

Maybe he's got a weird, David Koresh-like stronghold over you and Angel, and he gets into hot orgies with you after every show.

Please let me know.

Posted by Amber's future lover | December 5, 2007 12:35 PM

"So, Um, did I say it was THE best show? No. I said it was MY best show.
Are you me? No. Fuck Off.

Posted by Greg | December 5, 2007 12:26 PM"

Thank God I am not You. I would hate to have such limited and shit taste in music. Now, go Fuck YOURSELF

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 12:40 PM

that was an awesome show. I yelled something excited towards the end of the set but my little voice doesn't carry like others.

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 12:44 PM

Dave and Amber are a couple

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 12:45 PM

Crack!

Posted by brassbonanza | December 5, 2007 12:49 PM

angel is the one I'm eying

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 12:57 PM

Last thing I heard... Dave and Amber ARE dating/together.

I think Angel is the catch...

What is the story? New drummer? Did something happen recently? The show at the Whitney was great.

Posted by Alan Kenwood | December 5, 2007 1:01 PM

Posted by anonymous2 | December 5, 2007 1:02 PM

take a look at all the previous members of the Projectors, musicians coming and going is nothing new for Dave.

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 1:07 PM

that's the drummer that's been with them since the beginning of the year - maybe before? either way he's not new for this tour. he's fucking great, yeah?

also, stop with the petty personal arguments. neither of you is ever going to reach any resolution with it - it's just useless bile.

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 1:08 PM

i am a newer DP fan so I am a little late to the party considering how many albums they have. but when i first heard Rise Above I was taken aback. then when they came on stage last night all i could think to myself was, "this is what i have been waiting for!". hopefully they can make an appearance at the worried noodles show tonight but since they are in Boston doesn't look like it will happen.

also, i was totally blaming Mr Drost for ruining our chance of an encore so its good to know it wasn't actually his fault.

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 1:18 PM

Damn, they are a couple? Way to go, Longstreth.

(But it can't be long before she tires of his incredible creativity and skills and opts for the boring guy working in an office...me.)

Posted by Amber's future lover | December 5, 2007 1:26 PM

anyone have any thoughts on the opening bands. I found the first girl to be interesting but feedback hurt. Sidetrack was really fun (highschool?)

White Williams was boring to me though.

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 1:30 PM

Ed from Grizzly Bear just got outted in more ways than one.

Amber is a lesbian.

White Williams -was- completely boring.

The Dirty Projectors are the sexiest band alive.

Dave is cute in a weird and quirky way.

The two girls are completely hot.

So is the new drummer.

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 1:47 PM

"Ed from Grizzly Bear just got outted in more ways than one.

Amber is a lesbian.

White Williams -was- completely boring.

The Dirty Projectors are the sexiest band alive.

Dave is cute in a weird and quirky way.

The two girls are completely hot.

So is the new drummer.

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 1:47 PM"

oh you forgot to mention
that you are a fucking loser with no taste

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 2:00 PM

Don't worry Greg, Dirty Projectors and Daft are both in my top ten lvie gigs of the year. Screw the hater(s). Speaking of, I'd love to Screw Amber. DAMN YOU LONGSTRETH!!!!!!!

Posted by Weir | December 5, 2007 2:02 PM

Can someone take care of the two girls so I can have Dave?

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 2:05 PM

this thread is turning really gross and fratty

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 2:07 PM

skull & bones motherfuckers!

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 2:20 PM

Wow, really? A thread on Brooklyn Vegan turning gross? People making totally unsubstantiated and extreme claims? On this website? I find that hard to believe. I have only ever experienced insightful and civil discourse here...

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 2:22 PM

ha. these threads crack me up. let someone say something really crass and crude in response to my "anon" post. come on. bring it.

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 2:33 PM

"Yeah Greg, Go fuck yourself and your limited and shit taste in music. I have been trying to tell you for years that Ryan Adams and James Murphy are where it's at. Anybody at 205 last night? Oh yeah good times! flashing lights, big bass, loud noise, that's us."

You'll rue the day you crossed me Anonymous2, or should I say ASPARAGUS!!!! ::organ sounds::

Posted by Greg | December 5, 2007 2:44 PM

they never ever play encores, so it's nobodies fault but their own

great show. I have no desire to sleep with anyone in the band. Just thought I'd add that aside

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 2:54 PM

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 3:01 PM

What was your favorite show this year oh high and mighty fellow anonymous commenter?

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 3:14 PM

How do my comments make me an idiot? Am I not allowed to have personal opinions? I really don't get it.

I'm sticking to my guns on this one...

Posted by Greg | December 5, 2007 3:19 PM

""this thread started being gross when that idiot above said that this show was one of the best he has seen all year"

I'm sticking to my guns on this one...

Posted by Greg | December 5, 2007 3:19 PM"

You are certainly allowed to have an opinion no matter how dumb and wrong it is. Now take these guns you are sticking to and blow your head off.

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 3:24 PM

it was definitely the best dirty projectors show i've seen. they were really excited to be playing bowery and their enthusiasm came through in their set.

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 3:28 PM

I'll stand by you, Greg. It all depends on what makes an "amazing" show. And its different for anyone.

Here's what it is for me. In this cynical information age, nights like last night are the closest people like us will get to saying, "Wow, that was something special. And I've never seen/heard anything QUITE like it."

And if that's not enough for you (ahem, various Anonymous commenters) or you are so patheticly insecure that the fact that someone likes something you dont makes you angry (ahem, various Anonymous commenters)-- well, I don't know what to say. Have fun listening to what ever you listen to. To each his/her own.

As far as sexist comments, at least make them funny. Then maybe people would lighten up when you make them.

Posted by A Roach | December 5, 2007 3:34 PM

A Roach,

I couldn't agree with you more. Cooler heads prevail.

Posted by Greg | December 5, 2007 3:41 PM

"nights like last night are the closest people like us will get to saying, "Wow, that was something special. And I've never seen/heard anything QUITE like it."

And when you say people like us,. i assume you mean people who have not seen many shows in the past as well as whose musical spectrum and knowledge does not go back very far.

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 3:50 PM

Whatever man, I loved it. Others did too, obviously.

All your comments do is make others say "What is it about this Dirty Projectors band that causes so much bile? I'll guess I'll have to check it out."

I know it did exactly that for me, so thanks!

Posted by A Roach | December 5, 2007 3:56 PM

dear anon 3:50,

you sound like an awful person.

sincerely,

humanity

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 3:56 PM

"i assume you mean people who have not seen many shows in the past as well as whose musical spectrum and knowledge does not go back very far."

Since your musical knowledge goes back so far, please enlighten us on the better bands.

Posted by someone else | December 5, 2007 3:58 PM

i don't get it. are dirty projectors so weird and out there that it's shit? or are they shitty because there are so many other bands--if you go to enough shows and listen to enough old stuff--that sound just like them? I want to get this straight so i can post an asinine comment of my own.

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 4:03 PM

yeah, seriously what is up with the hate for this band? It's not like they are pumping out of the radio and on TV all the time.

They are enjoying some modest success right now, leave 'em alone. If you don't like it , don't listen

Posted by God | December 5, 2007 4:03 PM

Enlightened musical knowledge...Let's see... Ryan Adams, Daft Punk, Grizzly Bear, Deerhunter, and L7. And now dirty projectors! Hooray!

Posted by anonymous2 | December 5, 2007 4:06 PM

Thanks god. dont like it, dont listen. so simple. why do these haters try to take away from the nice night everyone seemed to be having there last night? are they jealous? if you have a problem, articulate it, and maybe a real discussion will evolve. that being said.... i had a smile on my face all night long. thought it was a great show.

Posted by josh | December 5, 2007 4:12 PM

yeah, it was great. I loved the spirit of the crowd, the smiles on the bands faces, the friendly shouts.

only downside was white williams

Posted by God | December 5, 2007 4:16 PM

only downside was white williams

Posted by God | December 5, 2007 4:16 PM

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 4:21 PM

Wait a minute! You're supposed to be dead, God!

--------------------------------------------------
sent from my bathtub

Posted by Nietzsche | December 5, 2007 4:25 PM

Here's why the hate.

A = People hate hippies. It's silly and juvenile, yes, and is mostly founded on stereotypes of the worst elements of the jam scene which are certainly disgusting, but are hardly representative of the scene as a whole.

B = Dirty Projectors are ripping off the Grateful Dead, the OG hippie jammers, who inspired a massive following that was irrationally loved by many and hated on by many more.

C = Major hate

A + B = C

Posted by Terry Gross | December 5, 2007 4:28 PM

"I knew the Dirty Projectors love on this blog was too good to last. Step aside, Dan Deacon, there's a new band to hate for superficial reasons!"

Don't let one idiot commenting anonymously over and over again make you think there is some grand scale hatred going on.

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 4:29 PM

terry you have got to be the most ill informed commenter on BV to date

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 4:38 PM

I hate all you fucks on a grand scale. Please fucking die.

Posted by Hipster Holocaust | December 5, 2007 4:40 PM

the Grateful Dead????????

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 4:42 PM

@hipster holocaust

takes one to know one!

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 4:43 PM

I speak, mostly of Donna-era Dead, which may be confusing some of you. Listen to those delicate harmonies that fall apart with the slightest breeze and tell me it doesn't sound like the summer of '72 all over again.

It's not a bad thing, just not everyone's cup of tea. A lot of the hate on the dead was nonsensical too, remember.

So, tell me about your childhood. In your book, you talk about being raised in Virginia. Could you tell us some more about that?

Posted by Terry Gross | December 5, 2007 4:51 PM

I love the band, but this comments section is embarrasing (particularly most of the stuff that was trying to be supportive of the band).

Posted by Richie | December 5, 2007 6:27 PM

Terry,
These Grateful Dead comparisons have to stop, and for the record, Donna Jean ruined plenty of Dead songs.

Posted by donnasucked | December 5, 2007 6:54 PM

they sounded like a jam band, but one that would was more grating and shrill. trying to be kind, i turned to my girlfriend as we left ten minutes into the set and said, "to each their own; these people probably would have hated the r. kelly concert." at which point we looked at each other and realized that if these people enjoyed this and hated r. kelly they were simply stuck up pretentious jerk-offs and fuck 'em all.

p.s. i felt so bad for the coat check girl. she had to listen to that crap and told us how lucky we were that we could leave. go coat check girl!

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 7:52 PM

angel. how i swoon for you. i wish i could have been at the show yesterday, but alas i was not.

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 8:11 PM

coat check girl sucks that's why she's merely a coat check girl. poor coat check girl.

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 9:37 PM

Whoever is saying that the DPs are taking those harmonies from the Dead has got it wrong. The chorus of "No More" is straight-up R. Kelly.

And anybody who can reference both R. Kelly and Mahler is OK.

Also: "Rise Above" is still the best album of 2007.

Posted by Dylan | December 5, 2007 11:20 PM

And could somebody explain how this band is supposed to be grating and/or difficult? It's plain beautiful to these ears.

Posted by Dylan | December 5, 2007 11:22 PM

jam band? they may work on that level to somebody - but every second of Dirty Projectors music is choreographed complexity. They don't make up -any- of it as they go along, aside from some occasonal improvised guitar flourishes and vocal arpeggios from Longstreth.

Amber Deradoorian is not a lesbian, for whoever it was up in the thread who cared. Amber and Dave have been a couple for a year or so now.

Posted by Anonymous | December 6, 2007 9:09 AM

chalk up another band that Todd P championed that has blown up big time this year:

Dirty Projectors
Deerhunter
Black Lips
Dan Deacon
Matt and Kim
No Age

and on the verge...

These Are Powers
Death Set
High Places
Ecstatic Sunshine
Blues Control

Posted by Anonymous | December 6, 2007 9:18 AM

amazing band. great year for Brookyn bands.

Posted by Anonymous | December 6, 2007 9:54 AM

if Angel isn't a lesbian - is she single?

Posted by Anonymous | December 6, 2007 9:56 AM

I don't care if that heckler was the dude from Grizzly Bear - he was drunk and his heckling was distracting. A lot of people wanted to punch him in the jaw.

Posted by Anonymous | December 6, 2007 10:58 AM

oh please---yelling "why are you so amazing?" is hardly distracting, everyone around me was laughing and cheery on the good words.

Posted by Anonymous | December 6, 2007 12:19 PM

angel is a lesbian.

Posted by Anonymous | December 6, 2007 2:00 PM

come the fuck on - he was yelling *during* the songs. it sucked. He almost ruined "Rise Above"

clearly wasted and obnoxious. Grizzly Bear is hardly reason to get him off the hook - they're boring hacks.

Posted by Anonymous | December 6, 2007 2:20 PM

angel deradoorian = likes guys

Posted by Anonymous | December 6, 2007 2:23 PM

Only yell I heard during a song was during the long pause of rise above and I heard "don't stop"

other than that it was between songs and they are friends and clearly supportive of each other. If that ruined your experience you are an extremely sensitive concert goer---obviously it's more about the fact that you don't like their music than you really cared about the "you guys are awesome" cheers.

Also there was another person yelling too.

And, Angel is straight.

Posted by Anonymous | December 6, 2007 2:30 PM

actually, I'm the guy who posted about dude being annoying and I love Dirty projectors. I didn't know that was the Grizzly Bear guy until I read this thread. I am not a fan of Grizzly Bear.

Maybe it was louder on the balcony, where I was. Myself and several people around me were really irritated by this dude.

Like I said, I don't like or care about Grizzly Bear - but ask yourself if you would have been more annoyed with the yelling if it was just some random dude doing it, rather than someone you revere as an indie rockstar.

Personally, I wanted him to shut the fuck up. It's actually worse that he's a minor league celebrity and thought that gives him license to be irritating. He might as well have been yelling, "do you know who I am???"

Posted by Anonymous | December 6, 2007 2:46 PM

during the pause in "Rise Above" he was yelling "you're amazing," then he yelled "don't stop," then he yelled "don't let him trick you people" (in reference to the false ending.)

it was fucking inane and super annoying and tacky.

Posted by Anonymous | December 6, 2007 2:49 PM

oh calm the fuck down.

it was obviously in good fun and spirits. anyone yelling "you are awesome" gets the thumbs up in my book

Posted by Anonymous | December 6, 2007 2:54 PM

it was loud and not funny and dude kept doing it over and over again. tacky tacky tacky.

Posted by Anonymous | December 6, 2007 2:56 PM

I don't care either way. You shouldn't either.

Posted by Anonymous | December 6, 2007 3:00 PM

@anon 256

maybe you should hang at the other dirty projectors thread where a non tacky conversation about wanting to bang Amber is going on...

Posted by Anonymous | December 6, 2007 3:06 PM

if wasn't the Grizzly Bear dude, you guys would have thought it was annoying too.

Posted by Anonymous | December 6, 2007 3:48 PM

I don't know, the band seemed to chuckle/enjoy a little bit of energy from the crowd and I thought it was supportive, since the crowd's cheers were sort of so-so

I don't care where it came from, i don't think it ultimately really mattered

Posted by Anonymous | December 6, 2007 3:56 PM

I've got this little speech worked out to yell during the quiet pause in the middle of
"Rise Above" at the next Dirty Projectors show, I'm sure you'll all love it even more than what grizzly bear dude had to say...

HELLO LADIES AND GENTLEMEN - I'M A YOUNG ATHLETE AND A B+ STUDENT AT HS 156 AND I WOULD JUST LIKE TO LET YOU KNOW I'VE GOT SKITTLES AND M&M'S AND SNICKERS BARS FOR SALE AND EVERY CANDY BAR YOU BUY GOES TO HELP HS 156 BOY'S BASKETBALL. THANKS YOU LADIES AND GENTLEMEN I APPRECIATE YOUR TIME I JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW EVERY DOLLAR YOU HELP US RAISE GOES TO NEW UNIFORMS FOR OUR TEAM AND TRAVEL TO STATE CONFERENCES THANK YOU FOR YOUR GENEROSITY LADIES AND GENTLEMEN I'VE GOT SNICKERS BARS AND HERSHEY BARS AND SKITTLES ONE DOLLAR EVERY DOLLAR WE RAISE TO DAY HELPS OUR TEAM GET TO STATE FINALS GOD BLESS YOU LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, HAVE A GOOD DAY, THANK YOU FOR HELPING HS 156 BASKETBALL AND KEEPING US KIDS OFF THE STREETS GOD BLESS YOU LADIES AND GENTLEMEN I WISH YOU A GOOD TRIP TODAY ON THE 4 TRAIN GOD BLESS YOU LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

Posted by Anonymous | December 6, 2007 3:59 PM

Next time there is that long pause in rise above I'm going to start reciting this entire thread really loudly to show 1: the band how controversial they are over at Brooklyn Vegan and 2: to put that no good grizzly bear guy in his place! That'll teach him for yelling nice things to his friend's band!!! He's gonna BURN

I'll take one peanut M&Ms please 3:59

Posted by Anonymous | December 6, 2007 4:13 PM

and if he (grizzly bear dude) dare shows his face at another Dirty Projectors show I will promptly throw a beer in his face and call him a "tacky fuck"

YEAH!

Posted by Anonymous | December 6, 2007 4:14 PM

I don't know what show you guys were at, but the guy yelling was absolutely a random drunk idiot.

kinda odd that you think he's golden even though he was clearly being an ass and doing shit most people would get called out angrily for doing.

why? because he's in a band you like? are you 14 years old?

Posted by Anonymous | December 6, 2007 4:20 PM

ooooh man he's gonna get it from you!

Posted by Anonymous | December 6, 2007 4:24 PM

almost 100 posts, don't stop people!

Posted by Anonymous | December 6, 2007 4:33 PM

wow! amazing how big this thread has become - and basically just from a bunch of posters loving this band, one clueless talkative agitator dissing them, and some star worshiping love from people tickled about getting to see an "insider" moment ala the dude from Grizzly Bear drunk and yelling playfully (and annoyingly) at his pet band from the balcony.

How did it take almost 100 posts to cover just that?

Posted by Anonymous | December 6, 2007 4:35 PM

hoorah for Dirty Projectors! 100 comments on Brooklyn Vegan and a sold out show at Bowery and a big article in the New York Times! Congratulations on a great week! Dirty Projectors are having a moment!

Posted by Anonymous | December 6, 2007 4:37 PM

I read over the earlier posts and I coem to the conclusion that the haters on this thread haven't even listened to a snippet of this band.

their disses would apply better to a run of the mill indie pop band that people fawn over - so much that I suspect they haven't listened and are just presuming that's the sort of band getting talked about here.

To you haters - give this band a chance, they are not like the bands that usually get coverage here. Dirty Projectors are not your average band.

Posted by Anonymous | December 6, 2007 4:55 PM

i think we can reach 200!

keep it going.

Maybe annoyed bro could email grizzly bear on myspace and post the correspondance?

we could talk a little bit more about how the girls are hot.

Anyone here have experience writing slash fiction?

Let's get one started with Angel and Amber

Let's keep Terry Gross around too, I like the comparisons to the dead, we need that element to make it to a 200th post.

We can't stop now. Really.

Posted by Anonymous | December 6, 2007 5:00 PM

actually if we count the recent thread about their new york times write up, they ARE almost at 200!!!!

DAVE IS GOD

Posted by Anonymous | December 6, 2007 5:01 PM

hooray for bullshit!!

Posted by Anonymous | December 6, 2007 5:11 PM

why can't JellyNYC or Vice have been involved in this show? Think how many more posts we could have had!

Posted by Anonymous | December 6, 2007 5:15 PM

I have to say as someone who casually knows both Grizzly Bear and Dirty Projectors, they is a huge mutual admiration between the bands, hence Ed putting Rise Above as his top album of 2007.

Whether or not his yells were annoying, seems sort of pointless as it didn't seem to offend the majority of people I was around, and certainly not the band.

Having seen the band countless times and witnessed them receiving REAL hecklers, it makes this coversation seem that much more pointless.

Posted by A | December 6, 2007 5:27 PM

yelling suring a band's quiet parts = annoying

Posted by Anonymous | December 7, 2007 1:23 AM

posting about it 3 days later=more annoying

Posted by Anonymous | December 7, 2007 2:47 AM

yelling suring stuff is very bad to do!

Posted by Anonymous | December 7, 2007 3:18 AM

angel IS a lesbian. amber is straight. but angel is a lesbian.

Posted by Anonymous | December 7, 2007 4:22 AM

My only question is where were you guys when they played the free show at the Whitney cafeteria? You weren't there? That was the show to see.

Posted by Anonymous | December 7, 2007 8:53 AM

angel likes dudes, dude!

amber also likes dudes, and dates dave.

Posted by Anonymous | December 7, 2007 12:11 PM

yelling inane bullshit while quiet music is being performed is perfectly ok when you're a fleetingly small time famous indie rock dude

Posted by Anonymous | December 8, 2007 1:59 AM

I can't even believe you are still posting about this anon, and I know it's the same anon. There couldn't be that many people will so much time on their hands.

Posted by Anonymous | December 8, 2007 8:10 AM

Grizzly Bear is one the best bands out right now. It's clear those of you making negative comments about them are just trying to promote them. which is good. they deserve it. and they deserve to get drunk. i deserve to get drunk. i am drunk. right now....well, almost...check back in 5 min.

Posted by Anonymous | December 8, 2007 6:48 PM

grizzly bear are boring as shit

Posted by Anonymous | December 8, 2007 8:17 PM

well, i love grizzly bear
but then i also love shitting
often it is the highlight of my day
take that as you will

Posted by Anonymous | December 8, 2007 8:38 PM

I gotta say I'd love to meet these guys that are so upset about a drunk guy cheering a friend's band on , even if it was poor timing. Anyone that goes out of their way to discuss it at this length on a bulletin board must be an unbelievable loser. It's a rock show at the Bowery Ballroom. You all must be the most uptight guys ever. I don't care how precious the dirty projectors are or how good or bad grizzly bear is, people having fun and being drunk at a concert at NYC is nothing new. If it annoys you so much you should stick to seated venues or stop going out. The disgruntled fans bitching here sound like the most humorless people ever. I'd take a lively crazy crowd over a stiff , hands in the pocket audience any day.

Posted by Alan | December 9, 2007 1:04 PM

yeah shitting is fun. pick another bathroom activity that's boring. Peeing is OK, I don't hate it but I can't say I LOVE IT

brushing your teeth is pretty boring I'd say.

That's be a much more effective "diss"

Posted by Anonymous | December 9, 2007 1:14 PM