Posted in music | venues on December 12, 2007

Led Zeppelin

Unlike in their hellraising heyday, singer ROBERT PLANT and guitarist JIMMY PAGE slapped each other on the back and were handed giant mugs of hot drinks. But then the rock fighting talk began and they discussed returning to Madison Square Garden in New York - where they did three sell-out shows in 1973. My source backstage at London’s O2 arena said: “Robert had a couple of bottles of beer before going on stage but afterwards it was just hot mugs of tea and coffee. The band were really fired up and were talking about their late drummer JOHN BONHAM and what he would have thought about it - it was a time for reflection. Then the talk went to, ‘What next? Was this it or would there be something else?’ One of the guys started talking about their three concerts at the Garden. There was a consensus of, ‘Why not?’ It is one of the best live music venues in the world. I have no doubt after their reaction backstage that they will be there next year playing to a sell-out crowd.” [The Sun]
Check out more photos from the show. (thx Eric)

Tags: Led Zeppelin, MSG

This is a ridiculous post by THE SUN not BV. This is all planned staged hype. His "source" backstage. Oh cmon already. I said this in the earlier post and i will say it again even with the idiot naysayers. Led Zep is going to tour next year and not just MSG. It has been planned well before the O2 show this week. The venues and dates have already been secured. No, these places are not going to confirm this until the band makes it official. This "leak" from the sun is the first step. There will be more of this bullshit for a while so every sucker blog and media outlet can build as much craziness as possible and then the tour will be announced. Of course to make it look like they had such a great time in London that they decided after to give it a go.
Actually the craziest part of this whole article is the idea that MSG is one of the best live concert venues in the world. Now there is really some bullshit.

Posted by Anonymous | December 12, 2007 10:58 AM

3 nights at MSG for $10,000 a ticket.....if you are on the receiving end of that kind of loot.... why not indeed !

Posted by RT | December 12, 2007 10:58 AM

i'm just a bit hesitant to believe this if The Sun wrote about it...but then again, stranger things have happened.

Posted by mat | December 12, 2007 11:00 AM

Its all bullshit until its officially announced. I read elsewhere today that Zep will be headlining Glato in 2008, and the is "ABSOLUTELY 100% ACCURATE." And it will be their only 2008 date! Yeah right.
In terms of reserving venues, that's proof of absolutely nothing. If you saw the roster of bands that have "reserved" nights at MSG, you'd shit your pants. "Reserving" the venue is basically just a way of blocking the dates for future plans. Many if not most of those dates never actually happen.
Again, once its confirmed, then you can start making plans. Until then, its all just speculative masturbation.

Posted by nyctaper | December 12, 2007 11:06 AM

Posted by Craig | December 12, 2007 11:07 AM

In response to the naysayers, doubters and nyctaper, again, it is not speculation. It is real and of course i am not going to tell you how i know. But continue to doubt and remember to play The Hives track "Hate to Say I Told You So" when the announcement is made. My gift to you.

Posted by Anonymous | December 12, 2007 11:17 AM

"....one of the best live music venues in the world"

ROTFL!

Posted by John Ife | December 12, 2007 11:18 AM

"Any chance of tickets on the low end at $75 because that is about what I am willing to pay!"

Maybe that would be the low end of tickets, but I am sure that the "$75 tickets" along with all the other tickets will sell out before anyone has a chance to get them.

Posted by Anonymous | December 12, 2007 11:22 AM

I'll trade one Hannah Montana ticket for a pair of Zeppelin tickets!

Posted by Anonymous | December 12, 2007 11:27 AM

Posted by Anonymous | December 12, 2007 11:33 AM

But what time does Led Zeppelin go on?

Posted by Anonymous | December 12, 2007 11:37 AM

Anon 11:17, you may end up being completely right, and I hope you are.
My info is that nothing is confirmed at this point. The 3 MSG dates in Sept of 2008 may be blocked, but they are not official. Rest assured, if they happen I'll be there accompanied by Mr. Marantz and the DPA twins.

Posted by nyctaper | December 12, 2007 11:38 AM

"If you saw the roster of bands that have "reserved" nights at MSG, you'd shit your pants."

someone just e-mailed me that list I believe I have in fact soiled myself..

Posted by Anonymous | December 12, 2007 11:38 AM

* YAWN *

Posted by A*ROC | December 12, 2007 11:57 AM

Anon 11:38, please post that list!!!
(or at least tell me if Phish is on it, thnx!)

Posted by Anonymous | December 12, 2007 11:58 AM

"that would be awesome if tickets sold out before anyone had to get a chance to get them because that would suggest the existence of some shadow army of zeppelin fans who live between worlds and express their bitterness at not being able to attend a physical concert the only way they can: buying all the tickets on the internet before any real people can. ticketmaster fees don't matter when you have no body fluids"

Is this thread about Zeppelin or phantoms? Are you the guy that no one "gets"?

Posted by Anonymous | December 12, 2007 11:59 AM

where else can they play in nY?? MSG is just the minimum size needed for zep. people would die, literally, at another smaller venue.

calm down hipsters, we understand thatt MSG isnt the best venue in ny.

Posted by Anonymous | December 12, 2007 12:03 PM

I heard Zep is doing an invite only show at Living Room to placate the hipsters that are going to bitch about NYC. Scalpers already got their hands on all of them though, and will be selling tickets shortly, only human organs and healthy white babies accepted as payment.

Posted by Anonymous | December 12, 2007 12:07 PM

"Anon 11:17, you may end up being completely right, and I hope you are.

Posted by nyctaper | December 12, 2007 11:38 AM"

nyctaper, well I am here to tell you that your information is wrong and outdated. The tour and dates are offical. You might want to beat the crap out of the person you are getting your info from. Anyway, I hope you do go with your buddies Marantz and DPA cause when you are with them, the results are outstanding.

Posted by Anonymous | December 12, 2007 12:15 PM

initial ticket guidelines have already been posted at ledzeppelin.com -- 3 dates at MSG. max 4 tickets per person. no opening band. and above all -- no poor people...

Posted by Anonymous | December 12, 2007 12:19 PM

i've actually heard that hipsters don't like zep, as they have not played a loft party in brooklyn. and therefore said group cannot talk about "i remember seeing them..."

Posted by Anonymous | December 12, 2007 12:29 PM

what's a hipster? enough with that stupid shit.

a tiny suggestion for led zep: free show in central park. i think we're due for a monumental show there - it's been 10 or so years since garth brooks played.

make it happen. please.

Posted by Anonymous | December 12, 2007 12:41 PM

Garth Brooks = monumental show?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhah ha ha aha ahha ha

Posted by Anonymous | December 12, 2007 1:08 PM

monumental in size, douchenozzle.

i wouldn't really consider simon and garfunkle to be monumental either, but i'm sure that a million people circa 1980 would disagree.

Posted by Anonymous | December 12, 2007 1:23 PM

Simon and Garfunkel 1981. Amazing show. To prove that this blog isn't just twenty something hipsters, I was there.

Posted by Anonymous | December 12, 2007 1:54 PM

i heard led zeppelin is set to dj ruff club.

Posted by nick | December 12, 2007 2:02 PM

40 nights at Terminal 5....each night the sound will get progressively worse until the final show which will be not actually be Led Zeppelin, but instead a 14 year old kid playing his cassette copy of Coda on a beat up boom box.

Posted by Anonymous | December 12, 2007 2:13 PM

I raise ya! 80 nights at Bowery Ballroom! :-)

Posted by Dfactor | December 12, 2007 2:27 PM

Cool, I just found the place where all the retards hang out.

(wait a sec, I'm here too, so I guess that makes me...

Oh, fuck.)

Posted by Anonymous | December 12, 2007 2:37 PM

ANYONE KNOW ABOUT THE UPCOMING OASIS CD? TOUR??

Posted by Anonymous | December 12, 2007 3:05 PM

led zeppelin is playing at my house.

Posted by Anonymous | December 12, 2007 5:03 PM

Will Daft Punk be opening? Otherwise, I don't care.

Posted by rocked the shit | December 12, 2007 6:08 PM

i think if anyone saw either of the page and plant tours, they seen zeppelin for all intents and purposes. i'm sure ticket prices will be 5x what they were in 98 or so when they toured. i doubt john paul jones will make it that much better. that being said, if you have the money it should be a great show. i'm not a huge led zep fan, so i'm glad i caught page/plant when i did.

Posted by Anonymous | December 12, 2007 6:30 PM

Posted by Anonymous | December 12, 2007 6:33 PM

I know BP Fallon flew over for the show. I suspect he might have been the one to start the NYC reminiscense, no doubt angling for an opening spot for Semi Precious Weapons. Could talk the hind legs off a blind horse. Mark my words.

Posted by joly | December 12, 2007 6:41 PM

yeah i'm so getting tired of "oh they're coming aanh i don't know if they are gonna come".

seriously if they (led zep) read all of our comments they would start throwing up we are so pathetic

Posted by sue | December 18, 2007 10:05 AM