Posted in music | tour dates on December 4, 2007

Breeders

We are streaming a new song from MOUNTAIN BATTLES on our page for the next 7 days. It is called "We're Gonna Rise".

4AD sent out this press release earlier today about the new album:

******

THE BREEDERS NEW ALBUM -- MOUNTAIN BATTLES -- SET FOR RELEASE ON 4AD APRIL 8, 2008 IN US AND APRIL 7, 2008 IN REST OF WORLD!

4AD is pleased to announce the forthcoming world-wide release of Mountain Battles, the new album from The Breeders on Tuesday, April 8, 2008 (April 7 outside of North America).

The Breeders released their last album - Title TK - back in 2002. Since then, of course, Kim Deal has been part of one of the most highly successful and warmly received music reunions of all time, getting back together with the rest of The Pixies for a series of exhilarating live shows in 2004 and 2005. After that, Kim headed back to Dayton, Ohio to start writing a new record.

Mountain Battles is the result. It's an album which captures all the bittersweet electricity of classic Breeders records like Pod and Last Splash, and which breaks new ground at the same time; classic sounding, yet as relevant and exciting as ever.

Mountain Battles was recorded by Steve Albini at Electrical Audio in Chicago, Erika Larson at Stagg Street, Manny Nieto at Manny's Studio, at Refraze in Dayton and by Ben Mumphrey in the Basement.

The Breeders are : Kelley Deal, Kim Deal, Jose Medeles and Mando Lopez; Jose and Mando are both veterans of the Title TK campaign.

The Breeders will be playing live all over the world in 2008. Their schedule includes performances at Canadian Music Week and SxSW and Coachella, plus full tours in the USA and in Europe.

The Breeders are also set to play a full UK tour in April to mark the release of the album.

The Mountain Battles tracklisting is :

1. Overglazed
2. Bang On
3. Night Of Joy
4. We're Gonna Rise
5. German Studies
6. Spark
7. Istanbul
8. Walk It Off
9. Regalame Esta Noche
10. Here No More
11. No Way
12. It's The Love
13. Mountain Battles

If it's half as good as TITLE TK, then it's REALLY gonna suck.

Posted by Wackamole | December 4, 2007 6:32 PM

^
I didn't know Frank Black posted here.

Posted by Anonymous | December 4, 2007 6:42 PM

Great song

Posted by bob | December 4, 2007 6:52 PM

I don't.

Posted by Black Francis | December 4, 2007 6:52 PM

the new song is awesome. kim deal's voice is still perfect.

to the douchebag -- title TK may not be a perfect album, but it's better than at least 95% of the stuff that gets discussed on this blog.

Posted by om | December 4, 2007 7:51 PM

I still wanna be Kim Deal will I grow up.

Posted by db | December 4, 2007 8:43 PM

I still wanna be Kim Deal *when* I grow up.

Posted by db | December 4, 2007 8:44 PM

This is the worst time ever for Oink to be gone.

Posted by Anonymous | December 4, 2007 9:14 PM

This really is great news. First poster probably likes Bright Eyes.

Posted by j | December 4, 2007 10:42 PM

yup, great news... can't wait to see them live... 13 years since i saw kim and kelley share a stage. so sweeeeeet...

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 12:02 AM

i'm super excited! however, why does their myspace story have to talk about kelley's drug problems, but not kim's???

Posted by cz | December 5, 2007 8:52 AM

1. I hate Bright Eyes.

2. Yes, I am a douchebag.

3. Yes, 95% of the things that get discussed on this blog do suck.

But regardless of these facts: TITLE TK is still a bad, bad album. HUGE disappointment. And this new song is boring with a capital BORE.

Posted by Wackamole | December 5, 2007 9:23 AM

i guess cuz next to kelley, kim is a girl scout.

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 9:25 AM

What time do the Kelly Deal 6000 go on?

Posted by Count Raffulon | December 5, 2007 10:11 AM

Wackamole, go back to your Killers albums now.

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 10:29 AM

Ha ha ha! Oh, you're soooooo witty! Yes! I'll go back and listen to the first Killers album, which is STILL 25% better than TITLE TK! (Which means the first Killers album just sucks, not REALLY sucks.)

C'mon, you gotta do better than that.

The Killers. Yeesh.

This is why it's so hard to interact with people who think the bands they love can't do anything wrong. Did I say the Breeders suck? NO! I fucking LOVED their first two records to death. Loved them. I'll definitely go see them in 2008 when they come around for shows. But TITLE TK just SUCKS. PERIOD! THEY don't suck, the ALBUM sucks. And the new song they released is bad bad bad. Maybe the rest of the new album rocks. But this new one is just painful. PAINFUL.

Posted by Wackamole | December 5, 2007 10:39 AM

Title TK is brilliant and may require an attention span and taste level beyond what you're able to experience. Don't feel bad about yourself for that.

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 10:49 AM

Oh ho ho ho! My gut hurts from laughing!!

>>Title TK is brilliant and may require an attention span and taste level beyond what you're able to experience.<<

BRILLIANT???!?

Yeah.

Riiiiiiiiight.

You need to stop smoking that Canadian pot, dude.

Posted by Wackamole | December 5, 2007 11:34 AM

I love the Breeders, loved Title TK (yes, boring, but great boring record. Who doesn't like a laconic record every once in a while? It was like nothing else, and I love it.) I am really excited to see them when they get to NYC.

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 11:35 AM

Wackamole, please use more caps and more extended spellings of words.

Also, before you go lamenting "This is why it's so hard to interact with people who think the bands they love can't do anything wrong," perhaps you should consider a different strategy than to simply declare that something "sucks." It seems to me, you're not looking for interaction; you're looking for a fight.

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 11:49 AM

Wackamole, please use more caps and more extended spellings of words.

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 11:52 AM

NICKELBACK ROCKS!

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 11:55 AM

HELLO! NICKLEBACK is 75% better than TITLE TK. And Postal Service is AWESOME with a capital AWESOME. Go puuuuuufff on a boooongggg, dude.

Posted by Wackamole | December 5, 2007 12:15 PM

BV needs comment moderation.

Posted by Sha-na-na-nomynous | December 5, 2007 4:29 PM

"We're Gonna Rise" is no longer streaming on myspace. Anyone got it?

Posted by Anonymous | December 5, 2007 4:51 PM

Sha-na-na-nomynous [sic] needs to spell his or her comment moniker correctly and lose one syllable: Sha-na-na-nymous

Posted by menomenanymous | December 5, 2007 5:29 PM

Bring back Jimmy Mac

Posted by Anonymous | January 21, 2008 7:57 PM

"Did I say the Breeders suck? NO! I fucking LOVED their first two records to death. Loved them." -Wackamole

Actually you were going in the right direction Wackamole The Breeders do suck. Only song they ever had that rocked was Cannonball. Kim deal should stop and just rejoin the Pixies and make a new album. Even if it sucked it would be better than anything the Breeders have 'ever' put out.

Posted by Breeders_suck | January 30, 2008 10:37 AM

Posted by Breeders_suck | January 30, 2008 10:39 AM

Posted by Breeders_suck | January 30, 2008 10:39 AM

How do you judge "25%" better? Is there a formula, somewhere?

Posted by Joel Patterson | February 20, 2008 3:29 PM

Kim Deal would rock even if she was playing the Mary had a little lamb! Cannot wait to see the Breeders, I think they are breakthrough creative!
Kim Deal is awesome...always! Jon Saylor/Cincinnati, Ohio

Posted by Jon Saylor | March 12, 2008 3:21 AM

Actually, I REALLY dislike this album as well, but it may grow on me after a bit of time. Perhaps I set my hopes too high after waiting for what seemed an eternity for a new Breeders release.

They still rock despite this latest poopie album...

Posted by John Bishop | April 5, 2008 7:05 AM