Posted in music | tour dates on January 9, 2008

George ClintonGeorge ClintonGeorge ClintonGeorge Clinton

P Funk are touring this year. They play Warsaw in Brooklyn on February 26th. Tickets go on sale Friday. All dates below...

George Clinton & Parliament Funkadelic - 2008 Tour DAtes
Feb 8 - MateelCommunity Center Redway, CA
Feb 9 - Senator theater Chico, CA
Feb 10 - The Vault Long Beach, CA
Feb 11 - Rialto Theatre Tucson, AZ
Feb 13 - Marquee Theater Lucky Man Concert Tempe, AZ
Feb 14 - Belly Up Tavern Solana Beach, CA
Feb 15 - The Malibu Inn Malibu, CA
Feb 16 - The Joint - Hard Rock Las Vegas, NV
Feb 22 - Music Hall Center, Detroit, MI
Feb 26 - Warsaw, Brooklyn, NY

(more dates TBA)

obligatory crack joke

Posted by Lloyd Ramberhose | January 9, 2008 3:35 PM

P Funk is great in small doses, unless you are into really really long jams.
I saw P Funk All Stars (sans Bootsy sadly) a few years back, I was there for about a half hour when we realized they were still on the first song. We left and got drunk elsewhere.

Posted by Kurt C. | January 9, 2008 3:38 PM

Yeah, P Funk is known for doing 6-hour shows!

Posted by venison | January 9, 2008 3:57 PM

drugs are the key maybe

Posted by Anonymous | January 9, 2008 4:12 PM

The key is who's in the band, and how high George Clinton is. When the band includes Bernie Worrell, Bootsy, Maceo, Michael Hampton, or in the old days, Eddie Hazel, then it's tight as a mofo and you leave a 4 hour show still hoping for more.

But these days, George tours with mostly no-name casts, sometimes the energy is there, sometimes it's not, and sometimes you can get bored after 20 minutes.

But to anyone who is a live music fan, and has not experiences a good P-Funk concert at least once, my condolences. There's nothing like it.

Posted by Lloyd Ramberhose | January 9, 2008 4:47 PM

Just $39.50 per ticket? Loser.

Posted by Neil Young | January 9, 2008 5:26 PM

Funkadelics are off the hook! Saw tham at least 5 times last time with my sons and never get tired. Michael hampton sickest guitar on the planet and i told him that when i met him outside the house of blues in chicago!!! He told me "no i'm not" Michael you are so humble. Also got to meet kim in santa fe. tried to take a pic but did'nt come out. Keep it unreal.as always until the next time..........

Posted by jose majikman lovato | January 18, 2008 4:09 PM

P Funk is the bomb I missed them last night at the hardrock wanted to see the show I have not seen them in 25 years there P Funk earth tour live album from 1977 is the best way to experience there live shows over and over again hope to see them this year.

Posted by reggie hammond | February 17, 2008 2:02 PM

anyone on this page talkin shit on Funkadelic can EAT A DICK!...

Posted by hashatoms | February 26, 2008 5:07 PM

My girlfriends and I have been doing George concerts together since the early 90's. The four of us Wanda, BJ, Tina and Tracy "funk-a-teers" outta of the "Mil-Town" love George. Kick'n it with him and the band on stage during the concert, and after the concert is da shit, PERIOD!! Whether its 4 hours or 6 hours who gives a fuck, he rocks!!

Posted by T. Nash | March 8, 2008 7:43 PM

I live in Montreal, Canada, and I'm freakin upset XD. I want to see those bastards live, must be too great.

Posted by Free your mind with Funk | July 26, 2008 11:51 PM

Are you some kind of jerk-off? No shit GC & Pfunk does long shows. thats th point! George rocks and how he weaves his people in and out for 3 - 4 hours of unadulterated funk is like nothing else. go to the bar and drink elsewhere after an hour!!?? what a jerkoff. You don't know music and never will

Posted by Anonymous | August 21, 2008 1:33 AM

the current tour line-up is not a "no name cast" the key members have been there since the 70's. Gary Shider, Michael Hampton, Michael Payne, Blackbyrd McNight, Boogie Mosson (there might be few spelling errors with the names) are all still bringing the funk.

Posted by Anonymous | September 1, 2008 1:10 AM

oh yeah, click on the "p funk" link to go to the official Clinton/pfunk page for complete list of current band members as well as tour dates. Those are some great players and I hope you all go see them and tape them (they allow taping too, visit the taping policy section of that site)

Posted by Anonymous | September 1, 2008 1:27 AM

My greatest wish is to see the p-funk mob with its orginal line up. Just for reminders. Mike Kidd Funkadelic guitar, Gary DoWop Shider vocals guitar, Blackbyrd, guitar. Boogie, Bootsy, Rodney Curtis and Linge Curry sharing bass leads. Bernie Worrell, Jerome Baily-drums, Skip Payne vocals, Maceo, Fred, Greg Boyer horns, Parlet backing vocals,Fuzzy, Shady Grady, and of course the ghost of Eddie Hazel and Glen Goins (P Funk mob greatest vocalist). Special guest Mud Bone, Frankie Kash Waddy, Fred Allen, Catfish, and of course George. Man What A show.

Posted by FlyTy | November 1, 2008 10:37 AM

Still funkin after all these years.The secret of the funk is to pay attention.Fried ice cream is a reality and so is a black president..................................funk on!!!!!!!.My best show was Parliament Funkadelic and War.What was yours?........peace

Posted by smoke from SE | December 31, 2008 7:14 PM

GeorgeP-FUNKmyDelic, This is by far the best, they took it to the stage, won and haven't looked back since. Promentalshitbackwashphycosisthedodochasers.1977 my first concert,4-5-6 hours, its all good you get your money's worth in your earhole. now paint that white house black. PEACE, I LOVE THOSE GUYS-all of them, and I don't get HI, never did, it doesn't take all that to enjoy the show, just knowledge of a funkydollarbill.

Posted by lawrence nicholas | January 5, 2009 9:00 PM

Hey Y'll, as far as I'm concerned George Clinton (GC)and his group of miscellanious merriment of funk-a-teer's are off the chain. As pure uncut unadulterated raw energy, with no fillers, stach professionalisum (drug induced or not), musical entertainment you can get. Especially in these times of synthesized, dubbed, unrehearsed, lack of talent beyond the mixing booth kiddie pop music, GC and his group of All-Stars bring you nothing but the bomb.

Those of you who have attended a concert and found yourself bored and leave too soon means you left during the warm-up portion of the show. Obviously these folks must be under 30. For others of you who should be curious, don't miss a show if you can get to one. Stick around till the fourth quarter and watch out for overtime. Please remember, GC is an old vet (in his upper sixties)and has been putting down the raw uncut funk all of those years or at least over more than 5 decades. Trust me, he'll warn ya'..."r ya'll ready?...we're gonna play loud and long"...so r ya'll ready..? Most can't hang particularly, the younger 20 to 30 year olds (unless they're parents are Funk-a-teers). GC still eminates too much power, force and presence on stage of his often copied but never duplicated sound. It's like a young man/woman dating an older woman/man...he/she has to get used to having so much power at her/his finger tips, and then learn how to handle it but if she/he can hold on not be so impatient, learn to slow down and appreciate life, well you know the rest...

What has happen in GC's evolution over the years, he's stripped away all of the pretty packaging and gives you nothing but the straight p-funk...

As I part now, please be reminded... "ya' won't miss ya', funk til ya' live funk runs dry"...and as of New Years Eve 2009 in San Francisco where another group (the Grey Boyz) who are a very talented opened for GC, I've never seen GC and his gangsters so polished, sharp, straight to the point and professional. In all the years I have see him perform he's never been so tamed but yet so #@*&%* funky! The performance he provided and shared was sheer grace, elegant and yet very powerful and as usual, he blew the roof off the mutha-sucka and I'm sure he went to Vages a couple of days later and did the same thang all over again. Easily one of my best New Year Celebrations, Thanks GC and JC for letting me live and breath to enjoy it!

Signed,

Bebadrad, FUNK-A-TEER fo' Life!!!

Posted by J Rad | June 22, 2009 6:05 PM

Hey G.Clinton+P-Funk Mob;caught ya show in the B-lo(Thursday at the square)@July 16,09.You guys did your thang music sounded just as good as the albums.I've been a fan since the early days when you used to come to the University of Buffalo in the Norton Union(student).You must come back soon so we get to "Free our Minds...." you know what I am sayin'.FYI- It was me who was holdin up the 2 albums in the crowd and they still sound good!.. Keep on Funkin'on the one. AL aka.RADAR

Posted by Al E. Moore | August 4, 2009 1:28 PM

I went to see GC @ Regency in San Francisco (8/30), and the show was one of the biggest messes I've ever seen and heard. The band had virtually no energy, and rarely found its groove. Strangely, GC tried to cover much of the vocal duties himself, which is something I've never seen him do before. I went to several shows in the mid-to-late '90's, and he always had at least one other vocalist singing with him every time he opened his mouth -- this is necessary because GC lost his voice back in the '80's. But, at least at those points when his mike was on (and it was off for much of the show), GC made many attempts to sing/scream alone, and it simply didn't work.

The production itself was something of a joke; they're obviously working on a shoestring budget this time around. They need to fire their sound person, as oftentimes the mikes were not on as singers tried to sing! And, this would go for entire songs, meaning that the sound person simply wasn't even paying attention! I felt like I was @ a Spinal Tap show . . .

This is the first GC show I left early. I guess everyone has a bad show now and again, but I was amazed @ how "great" the crowd thought the show was. I mean, I was stoned too, but I know a good show from a shit show, and this was definitely a shit show. From what I can gather on youtube, the entire tour looks this bad.

I will wipe this horrible show from my memory, and remember GC shows I enjoyed back in the '90's.

Posted by E-Man | September 1, 2009 12:01 PM