Posted in MP3 | music | tour dates on January 5, 2008

DOWNLOAD: Kate Nash - Foundations (Metronomy Mix) (MP3)
DOWNLOAD: Kate Nash - Caroline's A Victim (Tapedeck Revised Remix) (MP3)
DOWNLOAD: Kate Nash - Foundations (Clean Version) (MP3)
DOWNLOAD: Kano - Me & My Microphone (Ft. Kate Nash) (MP3)
DOWNLOAD: Lethal Bizzle - Look What You Done (Ft. Kate Nash) (MP3)
DOWNLOAD: Kate Nash - The Nicest Thing (live) (MP3)
DOWNLOAD: Kate Nash - Fluorescent Adolescent (Arctic Monkeys) (MP3)
DOWNLOAD: Kate Nash - I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How To Dance With You (Black Kids) (MP3)

Kate NashKate Nash

Just catching up on my collection of non-album Kate Nash tracks in preperation for her return to North America next week. The January 9th Bowery Ballroom show is sold out, so luckily now there's a 2nd NYC-chance to see her: one day earlier at the Union Square Virgin Megastore. It's the same day her album "Made of Bricks" is being released here.

So, I don't get it... she's indie? I'm not sure the world needs Lily Allen Jr.

Posted by Anonymous | January 5, 2008 5:08 PM

I resent that above comment. I fell deeply madly in love with Kate Nash back in '05 (i think), when buzz was first developing for Lily Allen on myspace (I found Kate around that same time), and yes she's indie...

Thank you so much BV for these tracks....

I may try to fly up to NYC just for her show

Posted by Cory Greenwell | January 5, 2008 7:17 PM

"I may try to fly up to NYC just for her show"

So you bought a ticket for her performance without being sure you would attend? 'Cuz it's sold out and if you didn't, you gotta buy from a scalper.

Posted by love hurts... your wallet | January 5, 2008 7:22 PM

Actually, she ain't that indie - not anymore, not since her songs got bottle-raped in the studio. She's over produced & annoyingly breathless trying to keep up with too many twee vignette lyrics super-imposed onto overblown studio-screwed phatness.

There's one decent track on the whole album & the rest have been produced to unrecognisable heights of 'commercial' cynicism. The subtle renderings of her barely able to playness & lo-fi click pop hiss recordings have been blown away & replaced by 'an assault on the charts' need to recoup the investment.

Posted by DrunkCountry | January 5, 2008 8:50 PM

Posted by DrunkCountry | January 5, 2008 8:50 PM

She's hott. But I don't really enjoy her songs. She's Lilly Lite.

Posted by CosbyKid | January 5, 2008 9:48 PM

"Made of Bricks" is an appropriate title, because she's a brick... house!

Posted by Anonymous | January 5, 2008 10:46 PM

"Still, she's young - she'll learn. But, fuck, didn't they say that about Joss Stone? And look at what a dreadful cunt she's turned out to be."

Aint that the truth

Posted by Anonymous | January 6, 2008 11:07 AM

You guys sound ridiculous when you say "is she indie enough?" or shes not "indie now because her songs got over produced." Give me a break, how pretentious can you be to judge someones music on if its indie enough. The problem with all of you is you judge music on how inide it is (i.e. if they have four trumpet plays on stage, or there leadsinger dresses up in a costume, or they have a computer sing) instead of if the music is ACTUALLY good. Music world has gotten so caught up on "indie is hip, nothing else is" that no cares about a good song, even if it is just guitars, drums and bass or if it is a computer or anything. A good song is a good song, and if its indie or not should not affect it, can we retire that word for ever!

Posted by bobby v | January 6, 2008 1:56 PM

Indie to most people who still use the term without a shit-ton of implied irony doesn't have a thing to do with stylistic concerns. It has everything to do with an artist being true to their own vision as opposed to being handed a script by the A&R and marketing departments and behaving like a trained seal on stage. And having no aspirations to do so. So yes, it appears the term can be retired.

Posted by Anonymous | January 6, 2008 5:43 PM

Wahtchoo talkin bout? Can't you see the vintagey dress and shoes and the haircut? 'Course she's indie!

Posted by Anonymous | January 6, 2008 5:54 PM

Beyond the snark, I'm baffled by "Made of Bricks". It sounds like a mash-up of all kinds of indie songstresses pushed into one singer. And not in a good way. There's a Regina Spektor-like song, a Lilly Allen-like song, and etc., etc.

So anyone who has seen her live: Is it the production that's buried her real talent? Or is this all indie hype?

Posted by Jack | January 6, 2008 9:15 PM

I'm surprised by how much hater tots people are chowing down on here. I like Kate Nash. I don't think she's the best singer/songwriter in the world, but her songs are catchy as hell and she's HOT. And I've never liked Lily Allen to begin with, so maybe the market needs Kate as an alternative.

Posted by Jim | January 7, 2008 11:05 AM

I'm surprised by how many hater tots people are chowing down on here. I like Kate Nash. I don't think she's the best singer/songwriter in the world, but her songs are catchy as hell and she's HOT. And I've never liked Lily Allen to begin with, so maybe the market needs Kate as an alternative.

Posted by Jim | January 7, 2008 11:06 AM

I like those redheads.

Posted by david wooderson | January 7, 2008 7:19 PM

i just love that she dates ryan jarman from the cribs, proving their really is someone for everyone.

Posted by Mandy | January 7, 2008 9:17 PM

so this chic has been plastered all over mtv for the week. not that i watch mtv. but come on. i was over her before she started.

also, what's with the hideous yellow eye shadow??

Posted by Anonymous | January 8, 2008 10:18 AM

Tickets back on sale --

Posted by Anonymous | January 8, 2008 10:27 AM

Tickets back on sale for Bowery Ballroom --

Posted by Anonymous | January 8, 2008 10:27 AM

Ive seen her live. And she's amazing. Different to all that over-produced crap from her album.

Posted by Anonymous | January 14, 2008 6:27 AM