Posted in music on January 2, 2008

Mr. Brownstone @ MHOW, Brooklyn, NY - Dec 31, 2007 (CRED)
Mr Brownstone @ Music Hall

What happens at a Mr. Brownstone show, stays at a Mr. Brownstone show (mostly because nobody that was there can remember what happened there).

phenomenal show!

Posted by haiti | January 2, 2008 2:08 PM

the music was just what you'd expect. fun.

i will avoid going back to that venue if i can help it though. the sound was great but the bar set-up was atrocious. they completely understaffed all the bars leaving literal 15-minute waits for drinks. not cool when you're charging 30 bucks and its NYE

Posted by Dirty-Ear Bill | January 2, 2008 2:09 PM

Agree completely. Although it has improved on North Six in some ways--the acoustics are on par with Bowery, it's not freezing cold, and there are tons of great sight lines--the bartender fiasco was unforgiveable. you were better off holding your cup up as Izzy doused the crowd with Jack.

Posted by David | January 2, 2008 2:13 PM

i thought the show was terrible. i didnt enjoy it at all - not that i care, but where were the rollerskaters/open bar on stage?

i didnt go in expecting much, only went bc a few good buddies wanted to go. but i must say, it was worse than i thought it'd be. i left after 08 countdown.

Posted by Anonymous | January 2, 2008 3:06 PM

Very fun show, enthusiastic crowd, awesome rocking and completely amateur bar/bartending situation.

Posted by Anonymous | January 2, 2008 3:14 PM

Always something to be complain about when it comes to NYC venues, eh?

Posted by Anonymous | January 2, 2008 3:32 PM

I remembered yesterday that I tried to fill the onstage bar void by wandering up there with a bottle of Jack Daniels. Who told me it was ok to do that??

Posted by wiscod | January 2, 2008 4:44 PM

Bar situation was totally unacceptable and so much so, that there is no way it was an accident. Waited 25+ mins to get a drink and they ran out of almost all the beers on tap. The only explanation can be that they venue intentionally understaffed it to prevent what was certainly going to be serious mess. I will never go back to that place again. So disappointed that I did not get to appreciate Mr. Brownstone in the correct state of mind. Plus wasn't there supposed to be free drinks going around and a champagne toast? I really feel like I was ripped off.

Posted by Anonymous | January 2, 2008 4:53 PM

maybe you losers were at the velvet revolver show by accident? i got totally hammered off the onstage bar, both boobs signed by slash AND i woke up with izzy stradlin in my bed and a tattoo of indie rock songstress st vincent on my ass. it was everything i dreamed of and more. thank you mr brownstone

Posted by Anonymous | January 2, 2008 5:23 PM

Yup, band was great, bar was absolutely laughable. What a shame, that it was literally impossible to get f'd up at a GNR show. Seems to me like they could have made a sh*tload of money selling drinks.
I don't plan on going back any time soon...

Posted by Anonymous | January 2, 2008 8:41 PM

Five bartenders for three bars - I seriously thought it was a joke until we were caught waiting for drinks from 11:35pm until about 12:02am. Oops, a bit late on that one. Thanks.

The show was fun and if you expected free drinks from the stage, rollerskaters, etc. Too bad. It was still balls to the wall fun. Thanks to the band for a great NYE.

Added bonus - some guy hanging out front smoking cigs most of the show (it seemed) getting anyone who wanted high on some really great pot.

Posted by Anonymous | January 2, 2008 9:58 PM