Posted in music | video on February 21, 2008

Mika and not-Beth Ditto @ The Orpheum - Feb 15, 2008 (Consumable Audio)
Mika

Next another video from the Brits last night (with Beth).....

Mika & Beth Ditto - Standing in the Way of Control (Feb 20, 2008)

Oh man, I still don't like Mika, but anyway....now here's a video of Beth and Mika performing together a different time.....

Mika & Beth Ditto - Sweet Dreams [Are Made of These] (July 2007)

and finally here's something much better (as seen before)....

Jarvis Cocker & Beth Ditto - Temptation

RELATED RECENT NEWS: You can download their version "Temptation" on iTunes - Beth and Jarvis released it for charity.

ALSO: The Gossip are playing some shows.

what have we done to you to deserve this?

Posted by Anonymous | February 21, 2008 3:04 PM

Hahaha... I think perhaps these are acts of defiance against those who bring up the unhealthy, fat lifestyle Ms. Ditto leads and celebrates.

Posted by Anonymous | February 21, 2008 3:10 PM

oh yes more fat comments

Posted by Anonymous | February 21, 2008 3:16 PM

fat hog my eyes the goggles etc

Posted by zik | February 21, 2008 3:22 PM

oh mika, please don't try to sing that high live. it's not working out.

Posted by aimee | February 21, 2008 3:48 PM

regarding the jarvis cocker/beth ditto vid:

Jack Sprat could eat no fat
His wife could eat no lean.
And so between the two of them,
They licked the platter clean.

Posted by robert doosh | February 21, 2008 3:51 PM

its the fat guy from Man Man.'

Posted by Anonymous | February 21, 2008 3:51 PM

fuck beth
fuck mika

Posted by Anonymous | February 21, 2008 3:52 PM

no more unhealthier than planting snarky, anonymous comments on BV

Posted by Anonymous | February 21, 2008 3:54 PM

that was painful

Posted by Anonymous | February 21, 2008 3:57 PM

She should shoot up with that crack whore with the beehive. She'd be slim and trim by bikini season.

Posted by Anonymous | February 21, 2008 3:58 PM

surely she would not be as famous if she weren't fat. think about it.

Posted by Anonymous | February 21, 2008 4:21 PM

"no more unhealthier than planting snarky, anonymous comments on BV. ever wonder if you've all been hypnotized by skinny media to hate the flesh? i pity you."

Really? So posting a comment on BV contributes to higher health-care costs for everyone, sends the message that it's okay to pig out and lead a healthy lifestyle, etc?

Really? The "skinny media" has nothing to do with it, sister. People who willingly let themselves get obese disgusts me. Sorry.

Posted by Anonymous | February 21, 2008 4:34 PM

It is wrong when Pete Doherty glorifies drug use and it is wrong when Beth Ditto glorifies an unhealthy lifestyle.

I commend the Vegan who runs this site.

He is doing the community of Brooklyn a service by pointing out overweight performers like Beth Ditto and the fat man from Man Man.

Posted by Anonymous | February 21, 2008 4:45 PM

Give me a break, I may be fat but at least I'm not political about it.

Posted by DARREN MABEE | February 21, 2008 5:19 PM

I fucking hate fat people. I say we round them all up and put them somewhere where they can't do anymore damage to themselves or society. You didn't see many fatsos leaving Dachau or Auschwitz, did you? It would be a start.

Posted by Anonymous | February 21, 2008 5:49 PM

"Oh, the parents are the problem
Giving birth to maggots without the sense to become flies
So pander to your pampered little princess
of such enormous size"

- Jarvis Cocker

Posted by Anonymous | February 21, 2008 6:11 PM

lay off the fat jokes. it's so stupid

that said, her performance with mika was utterly painful

Posted by Anonymous | February 21, 2008 6:20 PM

I love fat girls. They always put out and sometimes they even make you a sandwich afterward.

Posted by Anonymous | February 21, 2008 7:37 PM

In a perfect world I would ride in a horse drawn carriage pulled by fat girls.

Posted by the king | February 21, 2008 8:12 PM

On the other hand, why are Ethiopian girls so good at giving blowjobs?

Because you know she'll swallow.

Posted by Crosseyed Sniper | February 21, 2008 8:55 PM

A girl with a little meat on her bones will make you cum hard.....try it.

Posted by Port | February 21, 2008 9:00 PM

is the reason why the girl has a little meat on her bones because the fat girl ate most of it?

Posted by Anonymous | February 21, 2008 9:31 PM

Substitute "Crosseyed Sniper's mom" for "Ethiopian girls."

There, fixed.

Posted by Anonymous | February 21, 2008 9:56 PM

the B-52's are still playing gigs?

Posted by Anonymous | February 22, 2008 12:32 AM

she smells like the burger king

Posted by Anonymous | February 22, 2008 1:11 AM

Oh here we go, another thread full of people hating Beth Ditto because she's fat. Awesome.

Posted by sixtypercentgrey | February 22, 2008 1:51 AM

I dont hate beth ditto. In fact I would put her at the head of my team of fat girl's pulling my horse drawn carriage. In a perfect world beth ditto would be my noble Clydesdale.

Posted by the king | February 22, 2008 9:10 AM

"You didn't see many fatsos leaving Dachau or Auschwitz, did you? It would be a start."

Posted by Anonymous | February 21, 2008 5:49 PM

I'm with you in theory, but in practice I don't think I want my tax dollars being spent on the construction and maintenance of said camps. Although there is a case to be made that we could use a WPA style grand scale public works project such as this as we transition from a war time economy and try to avert prolonged recession. Perhaps quick in home euthanasia performed by health care professionals traveling door to door would be more humane and cost effective?

Posted by Anonymous | February 22, 2008 10:02 AM

you should run for senate. I'd vote for you.

Also, do you think we can make them all wear some sort of emblem on their clothes so we can identify them
better? I'm thinking a patch with maybe a hamburger on it. Just a thought.

Posted by Anonymous | February 22, 2008 10:38 AM

With peak oil bearing down on us faster everyday, it may be worth putting some research dollars into refinig the blubber of the obese into an alternative energy source. And don't even get me started on the blacks or the Jews...

Posted by Anonymous | February 22, 2008 10:43 AM

Well, I respectfully disagree with your plans for fat people.

If I was elected President I would put the fatties to work. I would have them patrol the boarder in Texas. I would enroll them in the National Guard and send them to Iraq to buttress the troop surge.
Instead of grease, I would inject hope and change into the fat community.

Posted by Yes We Can | February 22, 2008 12:17 PM

Y'know Yes We Can, where I'm from they have a saying: "All hat and no cattle." That's how I'd sum up my your plan for dealing with the obesity epidemic. Empty calls for "hope" and "change" ring false in my ears. Try telling the Texan whose seen his wages stagnate for the last twenty years and is facing foreclosure that you want to send an army of hedonistic troglodytes his way to steal the last crumbs from his child's plate. It's bad enough that he has had to deal with the "No Shooting On Sight" immigration policies put in place by liberal activist judges, now you intend to subject him to the very real possibility of one day waking up to find an angry mob of displaced plus-sized sub-humans invading his kitchen armed with the gnawed-to-a-deadly-point bones of the neighborhood children they have devoured? No, far more practical and safer to administer "three drug cocktail" lethal injection. Sure, it's Constitutionality may be questioned for murderers on death row, and it may be outlawed for vetrinary use on animals, but it is certainly good enough for the overweight.

Posted by Anonymous | February 22, 2008 12:57 PM

Yesterday I was talking to an overweight Postal Worker who was yearning for change.

Two days ago I was walking down a street in San Antonio and a man came approached me and said the local bank was foreclosing on his dream home because of his expanding waste line.

Some might say my policies are naive, but they are the policies of tomorrow.

Your plan to inject the fatties with a "three drug cocktail" are the policies of yesterday and smack of the same old political programs fueled by special interests.

Buck v. Bell can and will not be applied to the overweight. We will face this challenge head on and as President I will not take the easy way out.

We will line the borders with fatties. We will send them to Iraq. We will put them in the factories to work on heavy machinery. The time for change is now. The time to slim the waste lines of Americans everywhere is now.

We will fix the fat epidemic. Yes we Can!

Posted by Yes We Can | February 22, 2008 1:24 PM

I was born the son of obese mill workers. I am the first of my family to attend weight watchers. I have seen both sides of this issue, as opposed to my opponent who develops his policies from the ivory towers of academia. Shipping the tubby to the border or to Iraq is just another way of saying "amnesty." It will lead us down a slippery slope towards granting these lard asses the same rights and privileges that normal tax paying Americans now enjoy. Is this the future you want for your children? No amnesty. Not now, not ever.

Posted by Anonymous | February 22, 2008 1:39 PM

Would that horse drawn carriage pulled by a team of fat girls still be in the cards for me?

Posted by the king | February 22, 2008 1:40 PM

The King:

In the first 100 days of my Administration I would pass legislation legalizing the use of overweight individuals to pull carriages.

This new form of transportation will end our oil addiction. It will also streamline exercise for the fat community, reducing high blood pressure, high cholesterol, type 2 diabetes, heart disease and stroke, gallbladder disease, arthritis, sleep disturbances and problems breathing, certain types of cancers, social stigmatization, discrimination, and lowered self-esteem.

I will make said legislation compulsory. My opponents plan would leave 15 million overweight individuals on the side of the road. This would be a grave mistake. For those fatties who refuse to enroll in my carriage plan, fines will be imposed.

This my friends is change you can believe in!

Posted by Yes We Can | February 22, 2008 1:59 PM

Can you hear that? It's the sound of flip-flopping. Iraq and border control... now transportation? Do we really have enough porkers to keep pace with your constantly changing proposals? Here we have a candidate in Yes You Can that will promise the voters everything under the sun. Go ahead, tell the people what they want to hear, the American people are not so naive to believe that our finite supply of human dirigibles is some kind of panacea. We all know that they would make better lampshades than they would beasts of burden and that there is no way matters of national security can be entrusted in those who cannot even be trusted to responsibly use the Dollar Value Menu. The American people know this. With your help, it will be morning in America again.

Posted by Anonymous | February 22, 2008 2:29 PM

Flip-Flopping?

It must be silly season in politics again.

This my friends is the gutter politics that my opponent subscribes to.

If you want the same old fat legislation paid for by the special interests, vote for my opponent.

If you want to end this partisan divide, pass legislation that will touch the overweight Postal Workers and Union Members, rise up and chant, YES WE CAN!

Posted by Yes We Can | February 22, 2008 2:39 PM

Never mind the fatties, I'll vote for the first candidate to promise to enact legislation to publicize what time Daft Punk goes on.

Posted by Anonymous | February 22, 2008 3:25 PM

i think she farted on jarvis.

Posted by Anonymous | February 23, 2008 12:23 AM

such ugly comments.

pathetic.

Posted by Anonymous | February 24, 2008 3:19 AM

Spoken like a true Nader supporter, Anon. 3:19.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2008 11:36 AM