Posted in music | tour dates on February 6, 2008

Lez Zeppelin is playing Bonnaroo
Lez Zeppelin

No Led Zeppelin, but there is LEZ Zeppelin, Robert Plant and Metallica. Also Pearl Jam, Kanye West, Sigur Ros, Levon Helm, M.I.A., Mastodon, Sharon Jones, and many, many more.....

Bonnaroo 2008

Pearl Jam Metallica Jack Johnson Kanye West Robert Plant and Alison Krauss featuring T-Bone Burnett Phil Lesh & Friends My Morning Jacket The Allman Brothers Band The Raconteurs Willie Nelson Death Cab for Cutie B.B. King Sigur Ros Levon Helm and the Ramble on the Road Ben Folds O.A.R. The Bluegrass Allstars Featuring Luke Bulla, Sam Bush, Jerry Douglas, Bela fleck, Edgar Meyer & Brya M.I.A. Umphrey's McGee Iron & Wine Yonder Mountain String Band The Swell Season Talib Kweli Derek Trucks & Susan Tedeschi's Soul Stew Revival Gogol Bordello Broken Social Scene Robert Randolph's Revival Rilo Kiley Mastodon Lupe Fiasco Against Me! Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings Pat Green Ozomatli Tegan & Sara Solomon Burke Drive-By Truckers !!! The Avett Brothers Israel Vibration Abigail Washburn & The Sparrow Quartet featuring Bela Fleck Aimee Mann Ladytron The Fiery Furnaces Orchestra Baobab Ghostland Observatory Jose Gonzalez Dark Star Orchestra Minus the Bear Donavon Frankenreiter Lez Zeppelin State Radio Battles Jakob Dylan Two Gallants The Sword Vampire Weekend Little Feat Nicole Atkins The Felice Brothers Mason Jennings MGMT The Lee Boys Black Kids Serena Ryder Steel Train Grupo Fantasma Back Door Slam

Bonnaroo Late Night Chat About with David Cross Janeane Garofalo Zach Galifianakis Jim Norton Brian Posehn Mike Birbiglia John Mulaney Michelle Buteau

"The four-day camping and music festival will be held from June 12-15, 2008 on our beautiful 700-acre farm in Manchester, Tennessee.....Tickets to the 2008 Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival will go on sale next Saturday, February 16, at Noon Eastern time through Bonnaroo.com."

This announcement would be awesome if I was in a frat.

Posted by feedbacker | February 6, 2008 9:31 AM

I hate to be the one to say it, but.... kinda lame lineup.

I wouldn't camp out in Tennessee for this.

Posted by rocked the shit | February 6, 2008 9:32 AM

if this means sigur ros wil be touring this summer, i'm fine with this.

Posted by stevearino | February 6, 2008 9:36 AM

Posted by Anonymous | February 6, 2008 9:40 AM

seriously this "Jack Johnson" shit is out of control.

Posted by Anonymous | February 6, 2008 9:41 AM

Thats the super-jam right there, Lez Zeppelin w/ Robert Plant.

Posted by Anonymous | February 6, 2008 9:42 AM

what a lame headline list, minus kanye

Posted by bryan | February 6, 2008 9:43 AM

I dig it-- a few nice coups in there.

Sigur Ros: not sure, but this will be their first FULL set in the US in two years?

Levon Helm/Ramble: imagine the number of people who will to sit in on these Band tunes!

PJ/Metallica/Kanye: all solid acts I would love to see, but probably wouldnt pay to see by themselves

Sharon Jones/MMJ/Battles/Aimee Mann: Icing on the cake

And some solid comedy acts too!

Posted by A Roach | February 6, 2008 9:43 AM

what fest is STP playing?

Posted by P Niddy | February 6, 2008 9:45 AM

"This announcement would be awesome if I was in a frat."

I laughed pretty hard at this. That said, I don't think it's a bad lineup.

Posted by Mark B. | February 6, 2008 9:46 AM

"what fest is STP playing?"

probably vfest in bmore and/or lolla. i seriously doubt acl or apw

Posted by Anonymous | February 6, 2008 9:58 AM

i've gone to the 'roo the past wo years, but this isn't worth the drive/dust/$$

Posted by Anonymous | February 6, 2008 10:10 AM

"what fest is STP playing?

probably vfest in bmore and/or lolla. i seriously doubt acl or apw"

i agree they might play v fest, esp if it's the same wkend as APW. that way, APW could get radiohead and lots of indie bands, and virgin can get pearl jam and STP and be more of a rock show to differentiate itself.

Posted by P Niddy | February 6, 2008 10:20 AM

Has anyone ever seen Mike Birbiglia do stand-up? How he continues to be booked baffles me. Every time I've seen him he is gut-wrenchingly awkwardn and makes the same joke about how kids in elementary school used to make fun of his name.

Posted by Carl | February 6, 2008 10:20 AM

Come on guys this is a pretty sweet lineup. All the bands I want to see:
My Morning Jacket
The Raconteurs
Sigur Ros
The Swell Season
Gogol Bordello
BSS
Lupe
Solomon Burke
!!!
Battles
Aimee Mann
fucking Ladytron!
and I'm sure they will add a few others. I mean what do you want that this is missing? My Bloody Valentine? Radiohead?

Posted by jaded hipster | February 6, 2008 10:23 AM

^^
whatever, his kenny g bit is funny

Posted by dc | February 6, 2008 10:24 AM

i never thought of sigur rós as a festival band

Posted by Anonymous | February 6, 2008 10:32 AM

saw them at coachella in 2006...one of the highlights for sure.

Posted by Anonymous | February 6, 2008 10:33 AM

fucking Ladytron is pretty awful live. saw them open for chemical brothers and was thoroughly disappointed.

Posted by Anonymous | February 6, 2008 10:45 AM

sometimes the ones you neer expect to be a festival band turn out to be the best, bjork blew me away last year at coachella, there's something about being outside in the open that just makes it that much better, but that might just be the hippie in me

Posted by Anonymous | February 6, 2008 10:48 AM

what no guster? does this mean broken social scene will tour this summer????

Posted by Anonymous | February 6, 2008 11:16 AM

I for one love this lineup.

Metallica, Kanye, P Jam, Allman Bros, Sigor Ros, Mastodon, The Sword, Battles, Plant and Krause

Lots of variety. Ya spoiled brats.

Posted by Wayne | February 6, 2008 11:21 AM

I for one love spelling.

Posted by Anonymous | February 6, 2008 12:00 PM

what the hell...? Jack Johnson? He is beyond awful.

Posted by Anonymous | February 6, 2008 1:04 PM

it's a solid and diverse lineup.

Posted by Anonymous | February 6, 2008 1:10 PM

There are some really solid live acts there this year. having a couple lulls in the lineup allow you to go back to camp for food and drinks(which you can't do at coachella), go to the comedy tent. There are like 6-7 music stages going at once, and there is always something worth seeing. The festival goes really late, so take a nap during the headliners.

Posted by Anonymous | February 6, 2008 1:47 PM

Dark Star Orchestra and Phil Lesh? That is going to be INSANE!

Allman Brothers too. How is Jack Johnson get billing over Allman Brothers?

Posted by Anonymous | February 6, 2008 1:48 PM

Shockingly, Coachella's own shitty lineup is better than this shitty lineup. I'd take Portishead/Waters over Metallica/Pearl Jam thank you very much.

Posted by zik | February 6, 2008 1:49 PM

this lineup would be good if you couldn't see all the good bands already in clubs (minus sigur ros)...the only worthwhile headliner (pearl jam) tours all the time also....i'm not gonna drive 10 hours to see kanye rap along with a cd.

Posted by Anonymous | February 6, 2008 2:05 PM

Care Bears on Fire are better than Waters at this point, at least they ain't lip-synching.

Posted by Anonymous | February 6, 2008 2:34 PM

My only question is what version of BSS are you going to see? You never know what members are going to be there and which one are not.

Posted by Greg | February 6, 2008 5:22 PM

The only thing off about this lineup is Metallica and Jack Johnson in the Headline spots, why wouldnt it be Kanye West or Allman Brothers? Jack Johnson is too mellow for a headlining act and Metallica are not even relevant anymore. Other than that its a great lineup, I dont know what you people are talking about, you don't like live music if you don't like this lineup, simple as that.

Posted by Birdo | February 6, 2008 5:25 PM

better than Coachella

Posted by Anonymous | February 6, 2008 5:58 PM

STP? Stone Temple Pilots are reuniting?

Posted by Huh? What? | February 6, 2008 6:33 PM

STP is doing ATP Don't Look Back in Iceland performing "Core" in its entirety

Posted by Anonymous | February 6, 2008 6:58 PM

!!! is back together?

Posted by Anonymous | February 6, 2008 7:33 PM

doouche

Posted by Anonymous | February 6, 2008 7:41 PM

Help me, Sasquatch. You are my only hope.

Posted by maitai | February 6, 2008 11:13 PM

This is a good diverse lineup but remember..it's not over yet. When the initial lineup was released at midnight, Led Zeppelin was listed on Rolling Stone, CMJ, NME, and others. Then, 30 minutes later, the stories changed.

I could care less about Led Zep but I think they haven't announced the third headliner yet. Jack Johnson, who is good for a lazy summer afternoon, is no headliner.

Posted by eric | February 7, 2008 9:12 AM

Eric, why would they have a Led Zep tribute band AND Led Zep?

-----------------------------------------------------------

Thats the super-jam right there, Lez Zeppelin w/ Robert Plant.

Posted by Anonymous | February 6, 2008 9:42 AM

Kidding aside, this would be a great opportunity for a live performance of "The Battle of Evermore."

Posted by Anonymous | February 7, 2008 10:21 AM

i think it's great "frat like" are not. Would have liked to see either (or all) of Radiohead,Flaming Lips, Bjork, John Butler Trio, Muse, xavier rudd...but i'll see what lollapalooza/ACL/Virgin has. I'll be going to Bonnaroo though.

Posted by PM | February 7, 2008 4:26 PM

This line-up is a big BIG disappointment.

I can only imagine the type of people this fest will attract. Lez Zeppelin? WTF? gimme a break.

Someone else said something about DSO. DSO is ultimately a cover band. I won't drive from NY to go see a coverband, sorry. Phil Lesh is a grandpa, and is not worth the money anymore.

Someone else posted: "This festival is not worth the money, time, and dust." I bet the price will even go up to $200.

I've gone a few times before and that assessment was right on point. Every year it seems to get worse and worse.

Maybe now it will be less likely that 2 of your favorite bands will be playing on different stages at the same time...

This show has progressively gone downhill in the past 5 years. Maybe Kanye West will team up with Phil Lesh and play "Sugar Magnolias on 20-inch dubs"

Maybe someone from Superfly productions will post anonomously on this forum and pose as a fan and tell us how "cool and funky-fresh" the lineup is gonna be this year...

Posted by Mike frickin' F. | February 11, 2008 1:54 PM

Posted by 搬屋公司 | March 31, 2008 6:21 AM

I agree they might play v fest, esp if it's the same wkend as APW. that way, APW could get radiohead and lots of indie bands, and virgin can get pearl jam and STP and be more of a rock show to differentiate itself.

Posted by online games | April 21, 2009 4:30 AM

Who is this Jack Johnson and how is he getting top billing at all these festival? I would also like to know the answer

Posted by massage shanghai | August 11, 2009 11:03 PM

I dont know how I feel about that visor. but you never know when you can need one i suppose.

Posted by laser crystal | August 11, 2009 11:05 PM