Posted in music | tour dates on February 15, 2008

No Age @ Food Fight Vegan Grocery (sachiko-no!)
No Age @ Food Fight

No Age will be announcing many more dates soon, but in the meantime tickets are on sale for the show they're playing at Bowery Ballroom on May 6th. They recently played Warsaw and The Market Hotel. More dates below....

No Age - 2008 Tour Dates
Sun 02/17 - Hailey's Denton TX *
Mon 02/18 - Bash Riprocks Lubbock TX
Tue 02/19 - Launchpad Albuquerque NM *
Wed 02/20 - The Clubhouse Tempe AZ *
Thu 02/21 - Casbah San Diego CA *
Fri 02/22 - El Rey Theatre Los Angeles CA *
March 12-16 - SXSW
Fri 05/02 - Alfred University Knight Club Alfred NY
Tue 05/06 - Bowery Ballroom New York NY

* w/ Liars

market hotel is a fire hazard!

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2008 12:08 PM

who is determined fool trying to dis the market hotel. your mom is a fire hazard!

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2008 12:38 PM

think I'll call FDNY on Europa. legal capacity 160.

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2008 12:46 PM

legal cap. of Europa is more like 600 I believe. Maybe you were just looking at the sign for the 1st floor only. Legal cap. is designated by floor.

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2008 12:49 PM

any legit venue has a FDNY inspection at least once a year anyway. Some have them every month.

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2008 12:50 PM

MHIA = market hotel intelligence agency

do you market hotel people stay on BV hitting 'refresh' in an effort to respond to every remark about your "venue"?

if you dont like the public sharing opinions about your place, dont host public events there...i realize hosting anti-bowery "DIY" shows is super "rad" but is it really worth the backlash, which you are so obviously deeply affected by?

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2008 12:58 PM

one guy constantly commenting anonymously does not equal a backlash.

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2008 1:04 PM

why is this anonymous guy bothered by kids throwing parties in their house / studio space?

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2008 1:06 PM

why are we assuming this guys name isn't actually 'anonymous'?

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2008 1:09 PM

ha!

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2008 1:12 PM

If the legit clubs of NYC are threatened by some kids in a loft space throwing parties a couple of times a month, then they've got bigger problems.

You aren't going to get rid of the kids throwing parties in the loft spaces. They're like mushrooms, stamp out one, you got lots more. Plus it makes you look like a huge asshole.

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2008 1:15 PM

I don't think it's anyone from legit venues threatened by this. I think it's probably some random asshole. I work at a legit venue, and I think it's great that there are alternative spots. I know the owners don't have any problems with it either. In fact, I know most venue owners are into these shows.

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2008 1:17 PM

The warehouse party scene produces the bands that go on to sell out the establishment venues. Without the scruffy parties, the New York scene dies.

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2008 1:19 PM

No Age played a succession of shitty, no-one came house parties and weirdo venues, culminating in that Market Hotel show earlier this week, for a couple of years or so, before now announcing a headlining gig at Bowery Ballroom.

the same goes for Deerhunter, Black Lips, Dirty Projectors, and lots of others. These bands are great but it takes awhile for their talent to be noticed. If the only option were big establishment shows, it would never coalesce, and the bands would die before they achieved notoriety enough to sell out Bowery.

The little shows are the only cost-effective means these bands can play before they break. The big venues (hopefully) understand this and won't try to stymie the scene by biting the hand that is feeding them new popular bands to fill their rooms and sell $8 drinks.

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2008 1:27 PM

MAMH: Mothers Against Market Hotel

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2008 1:30 PM

mothers against yer mom

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2008 1:32 PM

Awesome picture! I wish we had a store like that here.

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2008 1:39 PM

Roger Clemens doesn't know what a Vegan is. Guess he doesn't frequent this blog.

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2008 1:54 PM

This band sucks. Unless you like 2 minute songs.

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2008 2:23 PM

CPVPMH: Committee for the Propagation of Virtue and the Prevention of the Market Hotel

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2008 2:46 PM

Anything over 2 minutes and three chords is just showing off.

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2008 2:54 PM

anonymous 1:27, right ON! I heart market hotel, people are just jealous they didn't get to go.

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2008 3:01 PM

I *love* two minute songs.

*your* band sucks!

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2008 3:23 PM

Hey all I book Europa and yep legal cap is 600.
That said I am so over anonymous posts from jerks on this site. I would assume you are on this blog because you love music so stop bashing all the folks that bring it to you. Be it Todd P, Knitting Factory, Bowery or myself. If we are not doing what you like get out there and make it better rather then just anonymously complaining all of the time.

Posted by Robert Johnson | February 15, 2008 3:33 PM

no need to worry i have already notified the proper authorities

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2008 3:36 PM

I am so over booking agents and promoters who think they are performing some kind of selfless public service and are beyond criticism.

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2008 4:18 PM

Loft spaces kill it.

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2008 4:24 PM

I am not saying anyone is beyond criticism. What I am saying is that anonymous complaining does not hold a lot of weight and is rather lame and cowardly. It also seems like 90% of the criticism on this bored is unwarrented and spiteful.

Posted by Robert Johnson | February 15, 2008 4:27 PM

The internet is serious business!

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2008 4:39 PM

I think the independent promoters in this city endure plenty of criticism.

how anyone could read this thread or any previous thread that touched on Todd P, not to mention the ridiculously long one about JellyNYC a few months back, and come to the conclusion that indy promoters don't get criticized; what are you blind or just dumb?

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2008 4:48 PM

Bob Johnson sux

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2008 5:20 PM

fuck all y'all!

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2008 5:36 PM

"Bob Johnson sux"

hmmm... I wonder why people choose to sign their comments anonymous. I would really want to put my neck out there for all of these mature people.

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2008 10:08 AM

anono comments saying people suck is pretty 3rd grade, dudes.

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2008 11:41 AM

But I am in 3rd grade.

Posted by Anonymous | February 18, 2008 10:12 AM

this show is tonight! ah yes

Posted by Anonymous | May 6, 2008 2:23 PM

no, this band really does suck. they opened for cornelius a couple of months ago here in sf, and everyone was just dumbstruck at how awful they were. i'm pretty certain playing some powerchords while a drummer yells nonsense into a mic positioned 1 inch away from his hi-hat and crash cymbal isn't considered being a band. this isn't music, this is a sham.

Posted by chimera | May 8, 2008 3:36 PM