Posted in music | tour dates on March 20, 2008

Feelies

After 15 years MIA, Bill Million has resurfaced and The Feelies have begun practicing together! Apparently they will play a few gigs in and around NJ over July 4 weekend, including a slot opening for Sonic Youth in Central Park! Below (ED NOTE: actually here) is a rare and exclusive photo from a rehearsal last week--possibly the first photo in which Bill Million appears in quite some time. [via Ket Katkin via hot out here via Idolator]
More shows happening at Summerstage this summer HERE. Feelies video below....

The Feelies - Doin' it Again on Letterman

The Feelies....Egyptian Reggae

Feelies....Glen Mercer with Vinny DeNunzio, Dave Weckerman, Adam Berardo and Bob Torsello

Whoa !! now this is news...

Posted by Jon | March 20, 2008 11:20 PM

THE FEELIES !!!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous | March 20, 2008 11:32 PM

HOLY SHIT!!!!
I've dreamed about this for YEARS!!!! I'm so fucking excited.

Posted by BTH | March 20, 2008 11:33 PM

Fuck yeah Sonic Youth!!!

Posted by Anonymous | March 20, 2008 11:38 PM

I definitely have raised eyebrows!

Posted by ppppp | March 20, 2008 11:57 PM

Oooh, and in more Feelies related news, it seems that there will be a new Yung Wu album at some point!

Posted by BTH | March 21, 2008 12:13 AM

ohh, I think I would be more excited, like 4 years ago. Smells like someone wants to buy a snowmobile. What's da dealo feeleos?

Posted by Anonymous | March 21, 2008 1:42 AM

i have known this was in the works for a while now. Spoke to Dave Weckerman at the Roky Erickson Maxwells show about all this. But cmon what you guys above know about the Feelies or Yung Wu fort that matter. You just trying to bandwagon. This is the real deal. I have seen some amazing Feelies shows in the past. Them opening for Sonic Youth in Central Park if it happens will be legendary like the July 4th Sonic Youth/Sun Ra show. I am pretty sure it is going to happen as Thurston is about as big a Feelies fan as I am. That tall lanky motherfucker is sitting on a trove of live Feelies tapes he himself recorded after Crazy Rhythms came out.

Posted by Anonymous | March 21, 2008 2:03 AM

God i just have to say again how amazing this is. I just popped my signed original Crazy Rhythms platter onto the turntable and excitement creeped over me. I guess Disney could not keep old Billy Million away forever. And no disrepect to Brenda, Dave or Stan Demeski but how bout bringing back Keith and Andy or even Vinny and John to really make this special. Can you imagine Bill, Glenn, Keith and Andy playing Crazy Rhythms for Don't Look Back. Oh God

Oh and let's see how many real Feelies fans we have on here. Who can tell me Bill Millions real name. And no it is not on Wikipedia.

Posted by Anonymous | March 21, 2008 2:25 AM

How 'bout just reissuing the first album domestically and baking more sandwiches, for shitsake people.

Posted by Anonymous | March 21, 2008 8:21 AM

Welcome home, William James Clayton! It's long overdue. And it's great to see from the photo that Glenn's basement hasn't changed much — if at all!

Posted by Steven | March 21, 2008 8:39 AM

Umm . . . Bill Million's real name is Bill Clayton. So do I win a prize Anon 2:25?

Posted by Andy | March 21, 2008 10:19 AM

Awesome news indeed. I just hope this is a paid/ticketed event, and not a free one. If it is on July 4th, it will probably be free since they have always been in the past.

Posted by Anonymous | March 21, 2008 10:25 AM

"But cmon what you guys above know about the Feelies or Yung Wu fort that matter. You just trying to bandwagon. This is the real deal. I have seen some amazing Feelies shows in the past" - Anonymous

You're losing your edge.

Posted by Dan Buskirk | March 21, 2008 11:25 AM

This is awesome...how about headlining a show though? A run at Maxwells?

Posted by Anonymous | March 21, 2008 11:29 AM

"This is awesome...how about headlining a show though? A run at Maxwells?"

Cmon guy, you know Mr Abrahamson is already on this right? Patience Patience, it's coming.

Posted by Anonymous | March 21, 2008 11:42 AM

I think this is probably a good place to say
THANK YOU BV for not putting any info about tickets going on sale at noon for Lou Reed ay Highline Ballroom on May 5. Made it much easier to get tickets.

Posted by Anonymous | March 21, 2008 12:12 PM

i should say at fucking 95 dollars a pop. haha.

Posted by Anonymous | March 21, 2008 12:24 PM

"i should say at fucking 95 dollars a pop. haha"

Expensive yes but it is Lou and it is at a small place like Highline and if you were at the show a year ago you know how worth it it was.

Posted by Anonymous | March 21, 2008 12:27 PM

well lets talk about this 95 dollar price tag, you know this is almost double of any of the other dates on this tour? Im not saying its not worth it but I just feel we got shaken down a bit here. just a little bit.

Posted by Anonymous | March 21, 2008 12:29 PM

I thought tickets were $75.

I gave up on Lou after the shows supporting The Raven (which were half the price). I can't stand Antony's voice, is he still in the touring band?

Posted by Anonymous | March 21, 2008 12:31 PM

Posted by Anonymous | March 21, 2008 12:36 PM

Tickets were 85 but with fees it came to 92 actually. Antony does not tour with him anymore. And yes they are more expensive than the other dates on the tour but if you were to go see those shows, the gas money or bus, train or plane fare would easily even that discrepancy out. Guess you have to live in places like North Carolina to get cheap tickets to shows.

Posted by Anonymous | March 21, 2008 12:37 PM

you guys do realize this is double the price Sonic Youth charged last year? Considering I think both bands have roughly same following, lets hope we're not seeing some major price inflation.

Posted by Anonymous | March 21, 2008 12:47 PM

"you guys do realize this is double the price Sonic Youth charged last year?"

You do realize they are talking about Lou Reed ticket prices, right?

I hope the SY show is not free and will be around $35-40. Keeps the lookie loos away.

Posted by Anonymous | March 21, 2008 2:14 PM

"85 plus fees, $92.45 to be exact. this price insures that no casual fans will be there since no casual fan is about to drop almost 100 bucks for a ticket. And, might not even sell out. I dont know."

it also ENSURES that real fans who don't happen to have or make a lot of money will not be there, too, you glib asshole.

Posted by Anonymous | March 21, 2008 2:48 PM

Well if you don't have a hundred dollars to see a band that you like, I'm pretty sure you don't matter. Don't you have some burgers to flip or welfare checks to cash, you scum?

Posted by Anonymous | March 21, 2008 3:41 PM

you fucking Republican.

Posted by Anonymous | March 22, 2008 3:14 PM

AHHHHHHHHHH
SONIC!!
so there so there..ahhh

Posted by paulaaa | April 10, 2008 11:20 AM

I have soiled my pantalones with excitement!
Hey Feelies, if all goes well, PLEASE for those of us who don't live that near New York, do some sorta tour!

Posted by Chonky | April 13, 2008 12:11 AM

Hi Brenda --
I'm glad to see there are so many fans of the Feelies, Wild Carnation, Young Wu, the Trypes, and any other versions. Brenda and the rest of the group are unassuming, just playing 'cause they love it. She's the real deal (and my kid sister). Wish I could have gotten to the 4th of July concert, but I heard (from one of my brothers) that their reunion sets at Maxwell's in NJ were awesome

Posted by Brother of Brenda of the Feelies | July 4, 2008 7:40 PM

I didn't actually know much about this band until the hype of the reunion and it's I'm wondering how I could've ever missed them. I especially fell for them after we did this interview with the band. Dave is awesome!

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 12:56 PM

I saw the Boston show a few weeks back at the Roxy! Have not been blown away by a show like that for a long, long time. The feelies rocked. Sounded great

Posted by Paul | November 12, 2008 7:38 PM

saw the feelies back in bloomington indiana, think fetchin bones opened... then once at a basement party in richmond, va... and again in gainesville, florida. always a great show... now if spiral jetty would do a reunion show as well, i'd be thrilled.

Posted by teeyef | November 26, 2008 3:10 PM