Posted in hiphop | music | pictures on March 24, 2008

photos by Leia Jospe

Anti-Pop Consortium @ Knitting Factory

Anti-pop Consortium, now reunited, played two shows at Knitting Factory in NYC Saturday night (March 22, 2008). More photos below...

Anti-Pop Consortium @ Knitting Factory

are you serious? that's all you can bring to the table to comment on...a racist little bundle of words? you should take your little sad face and go somewhere else. if you want to stay, open your ears and mind to new music and ditch the attitude.

Posted by suncitygirl | March 24, 2008 9:14 AM

sshh. don't feed it.

Posted by Anonymous | March 24, 2008 9:24 AM

you're absolutely right. enough said...

Posted by suncitygirl | March 24, 2008 9:26 AM

Gotta say, I love the knitting factory.

We came for the Why? show and in between acts we were able to slip in to the tap bar to see these guys tear down the roof, and then to sample some jazz in the old office just for kicks.

Such a better vibe than Bowery's industry-insider ethos.

Posted by David | March 24, 2008 9:48 AM

"that's all you can bring to the table to comment on...a racist little bundle of words? "

first comment now deleted.

Posted by Anonymous | March 24, 2008 9:49 AM

what is an industry-insider etho?

Posted by Anonymous | March 24, 2008 9:54 AM

I totally hear the Misfits influence.

Posted by Anonymous | March 24, 2008 10:30 AM

i too disagree w much of the racist comments, or any other comments of hate getting tossed on this site or any other...but leave that to the community board to wash out. not to some dude behind a falafel and a computer screen. especially when some some of the comments are legit.

it's been happening more and more and what you get is an inconsistent stream of 'community' thought. not to blow steam up my own ass, but ive been reading and commenting on this site near its origin...and i find myself reading/ commenting less and less as it gets more and more watered down.

this comment will be erased in T minus 2 minutes.

Posted by Anonymous | March 24, 2008 11:09 AM

"hey - what's w bv playing governor in terms of what remains on comment boards and what doesnt? cenSoring at it's best? or worst? "

Don't be an asshole. The first comment was racist and pathetic. I saw it. I deleted it.

Posted by brooklynvegan | March 24, 2008 11:17 AM

good taste: 1
anon 11:09: 0

Posted by Anonymous | March 24, 2008 11:31 AM

Posted by Anonymous | March 24, 2008 11:45 AM

"yes, and all the other comments deleted that had nothing to do with race but taste in music...those too needed to be deleted right? hmmph."

I should delete your comment for making false accusations, but I won't.

Posted by brooklynvegan | March 24, 2008 11:55 AM

"I should delete your comment for making false accusations, but I won't."

Yeah, well I should delete your comment! But I can't.

Posted by Anonymous | March 24, 2008 12:08 PM

hey bv - im not sure who's been writing the posts since my comment, but i wrote the original 11:09 statement.

like i said - i too am against racist remarks, etc...and while i didnt see what was erased (as it was erased), i have taken notice that some fairly reasonable comments in the past have been erased. perhaps this wasnt one of them, again, i dont know.

im just speaking my mind, just like everyone else on this msgboard. now i apologize for bringin falafels into this...i too am a lover of falafels...but to call someone an asshole for speaking out against censoring is a bit unnecessary.

Posted by Anonymous | March 24, 2008 1:53 PM

"but to call someone an asshole for speaking out against censoring is a bit unnecessary."

I should delete you for thinking that you are not an asshole.

Posted by Anonymous | March 24, 2008 4:10 PM

by far one of the best shows i've ever seen...check the link for some videos...

Posted by justiNYC | March 26, 2008 4:22 PM

I am fairly certain that almost all the douche bags that commented so rudely didn't go to this show. It was great, and Ohbjou did a good job in a new city.

Posted by lily | May 28, 2009 8:13 AM