Posted in music | tour dates | video on March 26, 2008

If you use your mobile device (telefone celular) for work, then make use of use government guidelines.

I've posted these dates in one form or another already, but just to be 100% clear:

May 13 - Black Kids, Cut Copy & Mobius Band @ Studio B
May 14 - Cut Copy & Mobius Band @ Bowery Ballroom
May 18 - Black Kids @ Bowery Ballroom
New Black Kids official video below....

Black Kids - I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend

The debut single from Black Kids - out April 7 2008!

i was going to post the obligatory black kids suck comment, but hatin is not much fan when the band has no fans.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2008 5:29 PM

i fucking love this song.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2008 5:48 PM

speaking of crossing the road 'whilst' on yer 'mobile', some dumb who-ah and her stroller stopped in the damn middle of 18th @ Broadway today. The red hand was blinkin' and the cars were revvin' but mommy just HAD to stop and press a few buttons before she got to the other side.
it made me a bit angry, but then I remembered the magic that some call "Thinning The Heard".

...and I smiled.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2008 5:51 PM

fuck man, the studio b show is 21+ and the bowery show on the 14th is sold out so i'm screwed out of seeing cut copy. any chance bowery might release more tix or cut copy might be back soon?

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2008 6:16 PM

Unreal that the bowery show sold out. So ridiculous. Stupid hipster morons.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2008 7:04 PM

Black Kids are a nice OMD tribute band.

Posted by TWB | March 26, 2008 7:40 PM

umm... bowery is not sold out yet.

Posted by rocked the shit | March 26, 2008 7:45 PM

uhhhhmmm yes the cut copy bowery show is sold out.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2008 8:23 PM

dude, the cure meets, aha. i fucking love it. how do you not like this song? also, fyi-if this doesn't become huge i'll be surprised.

Posted by Marwan | March 27, 2008 2:38 AM

my bad

Posted by rocked the shit | March 27, 2008 7:29 AM

yeah, we get it. you had some song that lots of blogs liked. too bad they pretty much bombed at the CMJ show i saw them at.

Posted by jason | March 27, 2008 7:56 AM

I don't understand the whole Black Kids thing. A couple weak ass songs, and all of this?? They should go back to modeling or whatever it is they do.

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2008 7:57 AM

I am not trying to hate, because I have tried everything in my power to like this band and this video pretty much seals the deal. What on earth are this band about and what is up with the big hype. They have 4 okay songs which the only saving grace to them was all the reverb the used on the dude's vocals and over tracks to give them a cool 80's cureish feel, they had some some okay-to bad live shows.

Now this crappy video with an updated recording that makes me like the song even less. It just goes to show that any band with decent songs can make it, if there is enough "hype" around you and you have the big guns supporting you. They will wrap your crappy ass music in shiny cellophane and us "music-loving-hype eating" folks will buy this shit.

Give me a break.

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2008 9:57 AM

Yay, a song for the kiddies. I can see this becoming the anthem for all the 14-18 year olds out there.

Btw, the guys voice sucks and he is trying to sound like Robert Smith a bit too much.

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2008 10:00 AM

It's funny to me that when a band writes a song that people like without the aid or assistance of a label indie or major, people can't toss out the "sell out" or "manufactured crap" out there so they swig the hateraid down and come up with the hype insult. Sad.

Posted by Bradley | March 27, 2008 6:43 PM

Gostei muito desse blog , e gostaria de deixar uma dica interessante aqui. http://www.celularnokia.org Fórum com dicas sobre celulares da marca Nokia. Você fica conheçendo os modelos atuais e também celulares espiões que são aqueles celulares usados para gravar conversas alheias.. Aonde comprar o seu celular, toques polifonicos, configurações, gps, navegação e downloads,papeis de parede e muito mais.

Posted by Rogerio | April 20, 2010 3:11 PM