Posted in music | tour dates on March 11, 2008

Jun 21 - De Le Warr Pavilion Bexhill-on-Sea, South
Jun 22 - Birmingham Symphony Hall Birmingham, Midlands
Jun 23 - Bridgewater Hall Manchester, Northwest
Jun 25 - Royal Albert Hall London, London and South East
Jun 30 - Glasgow Royal Concert Hall Glasgow, Scotland
Jul 1 - Sage Gateshead Gateshead, Northeast

above photo - as seen HERE.

Tags: Goldfrapp

Was anyone else kinda let down by the newest Goldfrapp album? I saw them at Irving a few years back: fun show.

Posted by greg | March 11, 2008 2:25 PM

the new album is alright....take it for what it is.

but um, goldfrapp just got added to coachella?! i need confirmation before i start FREAKING the fuck out.

OH GOD YES

Posted by -oscar. | March 11, 2008 2:33 PM

All Points West still sucks.

Posted by Anonymous | March 11, 2008 2:36 PM

And Goldfrapp being added to Coachella still does not save it from being a shitty lineup this year

Posted by Anonymous | March 11, 2008 2:38 PM

The new album is just way harder to masturbate to than the older material.

Posted by greg | March 11, 2008 2:40 PM

New album is weak.

Posted by Eduardo | March 11, 2008 3:34 PM

arrgh! my boyfriend is dragging me to feist that night!

Posted by Anonymous | March 11, 2008 5:09 PM

new album puts me to sleep - kinda sucks.

Posted by Anonymous | March 11, 2008 5:56 PM

yeah the new album is horrid and just plain bland - even with her great voice - it sounds like bad Dan Fogerty on sleeping pills.

it's craptastic!

Posted by Anonymous | March 11, 2008 5:59 PM

new Goldfrapp = Boring shit

Posted by Anonymous | March 11, 2008 6:00 PM

Y'all are crazy. The new album is amazing. Just go back to listening to the Pussycat Dolls and Hannah Montana...

Posted by Anonymous | March 11, 2008 6:12 PM

new goldfrapp - gorgeous - give it a chance!

Posted by Anonymous | March 11, 2008 6:13 PM

ok, before all you kids get 'your panties in a bunch' let me ask you this...when was the first time you ever HEARD of Goldfrapp? Was it the Black Cherry album? Was it Supernature? Was it a Verizon commercial? Was it a freakin Target commercial? Did you know they had an album called FELT MOUNTAIN? if you did, and if you ever listened to it, you wouldn't be making these lame, musically uneducated comments. you would realize that Goldfrapp was going back to their 'roots' so to speak. i agree with the person above, go back to listening to the freakin Pussycat Dolls and while you're at it, get your tix to NKOTB reunion.

Posted by Anon | March 11, 2008 6:26 PM

Um, actually, I've been a fan since Felt Mountain -- just don't care for the new album that much. It seems a little uninspired and kinda flat.

Posted by greg | March 11, 2008 6:51 PM

"The new album is just way harder to masturbate to than the older material."

Try singing along, that's what I do and it works!

Posted by Anonymous | March 11, 2008 7:24 PM

Aphex Twin also added to Coachella! :)

Posted by Anonymous | March 12, 2008 2:49 AM

Does anyone know the presale password for tomorrow morning?

Posted by Anonymous | March 12, 2008 3:00 AM

the new goldfrapp album is amazing

Posted by calvin | March 12, 2008 3:34 AM

all the male names that speak highly of goldfrapp I really respect your sexual orientation and I welcome any music that let's me figure out who is straight and who's not.

Posted by Anonymous | March 12, 2008 6:50 AM

presale password anyone?

Posted by michael | March 12, 2008 9:55 AM

I like the "Spirit in the Sun" remake she does.

Posted by Anonymous | March 12, 2008 10:01 AM

Wish I had a presale password.

Posted by Stiggasaurus | March 12, 2008 11:22 AM

Anyone have the NY Beacon Theater show presale password for Goldfrapp?

Posted by Marmeg | March 12, 2008 11:33 AM

Presale password
Thursday 3/13 from 10AM until 10PM ONLY
Use Code: HETREE

Posted by April | March 12, 2008 12:43 PM

Thanks for responding. For some reason HETREE password is not working. Any other ideas or something I am doing wrong?

Posted by marmeg | March 12, 2008 12:49 PM

It is not working because the presale is for THURSDAY March 13th. Today is WEDNESDAY March 12th. Think harder.

Posted by April | March 12, 2008 12:52 PM

Nevermind. Just realized I am a day early and that this is the venue presale password. THANKS!

Posted by marmeg | March 12, 2008 12:54 PM

ROSEBUD

Posted by greg | March 12, 2008 1:03 PM

i am a fan of all of the Goldfrapp albums (Felt Mountian esp) but the new is crap.

Dat is all there is to it.

Posted by Anonymous | March 12, 2008 1:59 PM

Presale password is:
BRIGHTBLUE

Posted by Matt | March 12, 2008 2:50 PM

i think it's cool samantha morton makes albums.

Posted by Anonymous | March 12, 2008 4:19 PM

The new album is great. At least Goldfrapp try out different sounds here and there, as opposed to Interpol, while as good as they are sound the same on every album.

Does anyone know the password for the Warfield/SF show? Might be the same as the Beacon...which is brightblue.

Posted by Yo Yo Yo | March 12, 2008 10:12 PM

what the fuck does interpol have to with anything?

the new album is weak

Posted by Anonymous | March 13, 2008 1:41 AM

The new album is by turns euphoric, giving me chills with each listen, and conversely so-so. The gorgeousness and utter brilliance shines through in Circus, A&E, Cologne Cerrone Houdini, Caravan Girl, and Monster Love. This is half the songs of the album and they are remarkable. The other half have a mix of songs, some more memorable than others but none equal to what they are capable of. Nevertheless, the half of the tracks that are brilliant are some of their best work and will be happy additions to the library of their finest work.

Posted by Darren | March 14, 2008 11:02 AM

^^^ Thank you, James Lipton!

Posted by Anonymous | March 14, 2008 11:13 AM

haha

Posted by Anonymous | March 14, 2008 11:32 AM

I am a huge fan of Goldfrapp. I was lucky to see them live in Portland, Oregon in May 2006. They put on one of the best shows ever. I'm dying to see them again but now it seems they only play New York and California - which is really lame because I live in Texas. I'm considering flying out to the San Francisco show but none of the passwords mentioned such as BRIGHTBLUE or HETREE do not work. Those were the passwords for the NYC show.

I bought the new album at an Independent record shop the week it came out and got the free 7" picture record, which was pretty cool, but honestly I was disappointed in this album. I love all of their albums including, Felt Mountain, but this album only has 2 songs that I really like. Everyone has there own tastes but overall this album sucks. I hope there next album is more like Supernature.

Posted by ASH | March 14, 2008 12:32 PM

This album is EXTREMELY DISPPOINTING. To a lot of their hardcore fans.

Posted by Anonymous | March 17, 2008 2:23 PM

oh well.. middle age can even affect pretty little things like Alison, GOLDFRAPP, her music, and eventually her cute fans too.

She will turn out another set of killer tunes no doubt in the future (collaboration time?), but this one can be the stinker it is, no worries.

Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2008 4:11 PM

people, the new album is freakin' great. that's all there is to it. why don't you give a few more spins? the greatest music can often times challenge the listener a bit.

i admit, i was also disappointed until about the 2nd or 3rd listen.

it's like the chill songs like "utopia," "you never know," and "black cherry" getting the full album treatment with restrained, tasteful synth and electronic noise placement.

her singing is great. sounds like a classic to me.

Posted by Anonymous | April 5, 2008 11:44 AM

I just saw the show last night in SF at the Warfield. She was good. So was the band. She didn't go as nuts 4 years ago in SF at the Fillmore. She also cut the encores short, claiming her voice was strained. The crowd was NUTS FOR HER! Granted the new album is mellow, but it's fun in a hippy trippy way. The first album will always be the best. The fact was that it was so new and different. Seems like after that she keeps regurgitating a Marc Bolan Groove. Kiddies...do you know who the fuck Marc Bolan even is? Prolly not!

Posted by willibird | April 27, 2008 11:14 PM

Seventh Tree is incredible

Posted by Anonymous | May 4, 2008 8:34 PM

I adore Goldfrapp from Felt Mountain to Supernature and every B-side inbetween.

Seventh tree is good but compared to their other works it's uninspired and unimpressive. It was a disappointment to me.

Posted by Anonymous | December 16, 2008 11:01 AM