Posted in music | tour dates on March 20, 2008

Pearl Jam

Tickets sold to the general public will go on sale through Ticketmaster.com and all Ticketmaster outlets. Public on-sale information will be posted on pearljam.com in the near future.

A Ten Club pre-sale for eligible members will begin on Monday, March 24th at 9am PDT on www.pearljam.com. You must be an active member of the Ten Club by Wednesday March 19, 2008 to qualify for the pre-sale ticket opportunity. We will stagger ticket sales to control web traffic, so please pay attention to the corresponding pre-sale dates and times. Pre-sale tickets are first come first serve, while supplies last. Pre-sales for any available tickets will remain open until Friday, March 28th at 5pm PDT.

Click here for information on the official rules, policies, and procedures for purchasing tickets from the Ten Club. We highly recommend that you read these details before purchasing tickets to a show so you are aware of how the ticketing system will work for you!

Dates below...

24-Jun New York, NY Madison Square Garden *
25-Jun New York, NY Madison Square Garden *
27-Jun Hartford, CT Dodge Amphitheater *
30-Jun Mansfield. MA Tweeter Center for the Performing Arts *

* w/ Ted Leo
+ w/ Kings of Leon

ok, didn't these dudes fight with ticketmaster about fees
and i gotta pay $20 to join the fan club to get tickets?
hmmmm

Posted by Anonymous | March 20, 2008 5:59 PM

The best touring band in the world today and Ted Leo. Count me in.

Posted by Anonymous | March 20, 2008 6:02 PM

You had to be a fan club member by yesterday.

They are pretty good about giving their fan club tickets. Plus you have to show up with your ID and credit card to pick up tickets. THey couldn't beat ticketbastard, but they have a small system that works for their fans.

Not so bad. I'm in.

Posted by Anonymous | March 20, 2008 6:05 PM

The Tenclub pre-sale for NYC dates are not on 3/24:
6/24 is on 3/26 at 12pm.
6/25 is on 3/26 at 2pm.

Posted by Anonymous | March 20, 2008 6:20 PM

The $20 dollars also get you some other stuff (yearly calendar, christmas vinyl single) and good tickets to their shows (based on seniority ie. how long you have been a ten club member).

Posted by Anonymous | March 20, 2008 6:55 PM

oooh, TenC. you've done it again.

Posted by grace6697 | March 20, 2008 7:09 PM

is there a new album?

Posted by Anonymous | March 20, 2008 7:19 PM

pearl jam is the coolest fucking band....taking ted leo on tour...that's so awesome. eddie vedder is the man. all the haters just are ignorant about what he's done.

Posted by Anonymous | March 20, 2008 8:24 PM

Can't wait for this - I really hope I can get tickets.

Posted by Anonymous | March 20, 2008 8:28 PM

Posted by Anonymous | March 20, 2008 8:30 PM

Hurl Jam.

I used to like them when I was a young.I thought that they broke up after riot act (the last hurl jam album that I actually purchased-god that album sucked).

2 shows at MSG seems like a pretty gutsy move in 2008.When they played there in the Riot Act tour,they seemed to be more popular.It is kind of like Morrissey thinking he could play MSG in 2008 because he played there in the early 90's.

Posted by Anonymous | March 20, 2008 8:42 PM

8:42...you are fucking insane! This is a band who headlined Lollapalooza '07, Bonnaroo '08, Leeds '06 and Reading '06! To think these shows aren't going to sell right out is ridiculous. You're a fool!

Posted by Anonymous | March 20, 2008 8:48 PM

I am sure that the suburban soccer dads will buy up the tickets.Grunge still lives there on all the classic rock radio.

Posted by Anonymous | March 20, 2008 8:49 PM

Oh shut up. Pearl Jam are a very good band they will definitely sell out both of these shows.

Posted by Anonymous | March 20, 2008 8:55 PM

anyone who doesn't think both of these shows will sell out way in advance is crazy.

Posted by Anonymous | March 20, 2008 9:11 PM

I doubt they would sell out if Ted Leo wasn't on the bill.

Posted by Anonymous | March 20, 2008 9:11 PM

I love how passionate Pearl Jam fans still are about Pearl Jam.People can diss other bands,and their fans do not stand up like that.I wonder of some of these fans are still living in reality with this band and its relevance but who cares?I
personally lost interest after too many lame albums and do not care how many shows they play.

"right out is ridiculous. You're a fool!" and "Oh shut up" to wonder how they can fill 2 shows at msg in 2008 is amusing.But again,who cares.

Posted by Anonymous | March 20, 2008 9:12 PM

Interpol couldn't sell out MSG but Pearl Jam can!

Posted by Suck it | March 20, 2008 9:25 PM

I want to like Pearl Jam...I really do... I think I like the idea of Pearl Jam more than the band itself...

Posted by RT | March 20, 2008 9:30 PM

I am sure a 'Gods of Grunge' tour would sell out-Pearl Jam,Alice in Chains (with the new lead singer),Audioslave (featuring Soundgarden hits) and the reformed STP.They could play Shea Stadium with that lineup.Move over Billy Joel!

Posted by Anonymous | March 20, 2008 9:35 PM

You gotta give props to them for always picking cool openers like Ted Leo.They could have chosen Nickelback.

Posted by Anonymous | March 20, 2008 9:46 PM

I've seen sleater kinney five times thanks to pearl jam. Buzzcocks twice. unfortunately they subjected me to death cab for cutie three times.

Posted by douche face | March 20, 2008 9:57 PM

9:12 p
"I love how passionate Pearl Jam fans still are about Pearl Jam."

I'm sure you do...

Posted by Eric | March 20, 2008 11:07 PM

9:12 p
"I love how passionate Pearl Jam fans still are about Pearl Jam."

I'm sure you do...

Posted by Eric | March 20, 2008 11:08 PM

you guys don't know music for shit.. pearl jam have more heart than half the bands that play your studio b and your precious brooklyn indie venues..

yeah, they might be old..but they rock.

Posted by tommy lee jones | March 20, 2008 11:52 PM

Regardless of your opinion on the band musically, you guys are completely ignorant of the band's success as a touring band. They easily sell out MSG every tour.

That being said, this is an amazing show.

Posted by Anonymous | March 21, 2008 12:33 AM

honestly i have never listened to any pearl jam cds that were made after the mid 90s but have seen them twice in the last 5 years and both shows were incredible. to this day seeing them in an amphitheater was the best non club or theatre show i've ever seen. even better than the boss. they put on a great show and are just a great band regardless of if their current output is relevant or novel.

Posted by Anonymous | March 21, 2008 12:52 AM

they haven't been good since dave abruzzese was kicked out.

true story.

Posted by Anonymous | March 21, 2008 1:06 AM

some of your moms could sell out MSG, but not even come close to putting on a show like PJ can. the irving plaza show was one for the ages, and i won't miss this one either.

you no likey? you no go. i'm sure there is cage fighting or something on that you can do naked push-ups to.

Posted by douche patrol | March 21, 2008 1:29 AM

funny, go back to your tv! Sorry your boy isn't a daft joke!! They will sell allthe tixs with in the day!! Talent always rises!!

Posted by Anonymous | March 21, 2008 1:32 AM

didnt sell out Meadowlands 2 years ago though.

Posted by Anonymous | March 21, 2008 1:52 AM

Seriously if you think these 2 shows wont sell out you are delusional but here is another delusional statement

"it shouldn't be too hard to get tix...but i feel like pretty much all the lower deck/ floor seats are bought by fan club members."

Umm you are a fucking idiot. It is a presale. They only sell a small amount of tickets. There are plenty of amazing seats available for the general public.

And douche patrol, you probably were not even at the Irving Plaza show. I was but if i had a dime for every dope who claims to have been at that show but was not I could buy all the tickets to the MSG shows.

Posted by Anonymous | March 21, 2008 5:06 AM

1:52 am is right about the Meadowlands show, but he/she left something out: the band was flaccid and spent. Unless you're blind drunk on the Vedder Kool-Aid, no presence whatsoever. No wonder they still don't use screens. The whole thing was almost disturbing in light of the fact that they were touring behind one of their best albums. Kudos for keeping on top and headlining since then. But the best thing you can say is that they're great to their fans. That, and as noted, always brilliant openers--much better bands whose arena chops can't match up to PJ's, or what PJ's once were. Check out the MSG DVD with a Buzzcock and Ben Harper joining. The 2006 band was a shadow of that.

Posted by Anonymous | March 21, 2008 10:46 AM

What about a 'Singles Soundtrack' package tour?

Posted by greg | March 21, 2008 10:59 AM

I love Pearl Jam - i saw them last in '06 and they were phenomenal with My Morning Jacket opening for them. Ted Leo will kick ass - i just dont know if i will buy a ticket since they will be at 'roo and i'll see them there!! oh, and they will mos def sell out 2 nights in NY...i know people who will buy tix for both nights.

Posted by pj | March 21, 2008 11:08 AM

Greatest Hits 1991-1995 tour.

Big influence on many of the multiplatinum "Post Grunge" bands today though.

Posted by Anonymous | March 21, 2008 11:43 AM

Damn,I was hoping that they would open for REM at MSG.

Posted by Anonymous | March 21, 2008 11:56 AM

anyone who thinks pearl jam would have any problem whatsoever selling out 2 nights at MSG is a clueless jackass. If you ever have the displeasure of listening to K-Rock, you'll see that a Pearl Jam song is played on an average of once per hour. There are more than enough Joe-six-packs to buy up the PJ tickets. Regardless, they actually are a pretty good band.

Posted by Anonymous | March 21, 2008 2:47 PM

I can't wait for this show myself.

Posted by WiseGuy | March 21, 2008 11:42 PM

these shows will sell out so fast- they need to play 5 nights there, not 2.

Posted by Anonymous | March 22, 2008 11:01 PM

they dont play the same show both nights- they'll play all different material 2nd gig. Anyone going to 1 is gonna hit up the 2nd...Just like the good ol grateful dead used to do it.

Posted by Anonymous | March 22, 2008 11:03 PM

Just to remind everyone in their 20's and 30's who more or less grew up with Pearl Jam. This will be the only band of our generation to see when we are old. Our parents generation have numerous legends who still play - The Who, Bob Dylan, Rolling Stones, McCartney, Pink Floyd members (Roger Waters, Dave Gilmour), The Police, Fogerty, Zeppelin (just once), Bruce, Van Morrison, to name a few. Who will still be out there when we are older? Pearl Jam.

Posted by CK | March 24, 2008 1:21 PM

CK, how about radiohead? bruce springsteen? prince? how about the red hot chili peppers? tom petty? even the dave matthews band. all of them will be touring when we're old. not saying pearl jam is not a great band. the rolling stones will probably still be touring...

Posted by Anonymous | March 24, 2008 1:32 PM

WHO IS EDDIE VEDDER?

Posted by Anonymous | March 24, 2008 3:54 PM

too bad i became a member like, two days later. ugh.

so does that mean i'll end up with a really overpriced ticket/bad seat? i really wish i could go but I can't afford 100 bucks...then again, I'm a teenager and most of you guys are probably in your 30s and have probably seen pearl jam more than once. i have never seen them :(

Posted by Anonymous | March 25, 2008 6:34 PM

"so does that mean i'll end up with a really overpriced ticket/bad seat?"

OMG for the love of everything that is holy. Do you people even read the comments above before you post. THIS IS A PRESALE. They do not give out all the good seats to just members. There will be many many many amazing seats when the regular sale begins you fools.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2008 4:02 AM

alright, just asking....

thanks for the clarification.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2008 4:50 AM

Springsteen and Petty are not our generation. I'll give you Dave Matthews and RHCP. And lets add Coldplay. Thats about it. Out of those I'd put Pearl Jam right near the top. And for that reason alone you should give credit to PJ. A band I hope to see when I am 55yrs old.

Posted by CK | March 26, 2008 11:07 AM

"Grunge"? How topical. Like most bands, Pearl Jam's sound has changed much over the past 2 decades. Anyone who isn't familiar with "Binaural" or the Avocado album certainly has the right to rip the band, but certainly isn't worth listening to.

Pearl Jam sold out MSG two nights in a row back in 2003. I wasn't aware that they didn't sell out the Burne, but only Springsteen can do that. The Devils can't even do it when thy go to the FINALS! Maybe the Rock will bring better luck.

I, nor ANY of my friends, werenot part of the lucky 10% who got presale tickets today. Lame. Time to try again when they go onsale to the general public!

Posted by masto | March 26, 2008 8:25 PM

Eddie Vedder just played a solo show here in vancouver BC canada and sold out both nights in minutes. amazing night. Pearl Jam is this generations Led Zepp. Great lyrics and music that will be heard for generations to come.

Posted by INSEO | April 8, 2008 2:50 AM

PJ + MSG + 2 nights = sold out shows in 3 minutes. Everyone on this string who doubted if the best live band in the world would sell out MSG, please go back to listening to your bands that you think you discovered. When someone asks who you are listening to, you can still scoff when you find out they never heard of them and you can still say "oh my god you never heard of them, they are amazing" because it makes you feel cool.

Posted by Anonymous | April 12, 2008 9:37 AM

Proud 43 year old (I guess I'll accept the "Suburban Soccer Dad" tag) who's seen PJ multiple times in Charlotte. You young whipper snappers have to experience this band live to appreciate them. Love the performances, not so much the Bush/Cheney = Satan BS....

Posted by Anonymous | May 10, 2008 7:46 PM

my girlfriend used to whip her snapper

Posted by Anonymous | May 10, 2008 8:25 PM

Pearl Jam has pulled and carried me through my life delightfully along with many of freinds and lovers. Seing them live is must expeirience, oh! ya and they fucking rock.

and I just have to say it.... And i used to snap her whipper

Posted by will | June 20, 2008 2:34 PM

i'll be at these shows. i sold my conor oberst tickets and my sigur ros moma poster to pay for it.

Posted by Anonymous | June 20, 2008 2:41 PM

I used money I had in the bank to pay for it. True story.

Posted by Anonymous | June 20, 2008 2:46 PM

Who can guestimate the set times for tomorrow?

Posted by Where's the Beef? | June 23, 2008 10:43 PM

TL 7:30
PJ 8:30

Posted by Anonymous | June 23, 2008 10:53 PM

At Camden night 1, it was Ted @ 7:30 and then PJ @ 9:15.

At Camden night 2, it was Ted @ 7:30 and then PJ @ 9:00.

Posted by Anonymous | June 23, 2008 11:26 PM

last night = early... around 850 methinks

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 5:27 PM

Scheduled 8:45 last night but they were on by 8:40.

Posted by Tito | June 25, 2008 5:34 PM