Posted in music | venues on March 17, 2008

Wellmont Theater

The historic 2,000-capacity Wellmont Theater in Montclair, N.J., will re-open its doors this fall under a recently formed partnership between the principals of New York-based independent concert promoter the Bowery Presents and longtime promoter Andy Feltz.

The new promotion company, Montclair Entertainment, was formed in September 2007 by the principals of the Bowery Presents and Feltz, who previously oversaw operations at New York's Beacon Theater and booked concerts into the city's United Palace Theater. The re-opening of Wellmont Theater, which will undergo a multi-million renovation, will be the first New Jersey venue to be managed and operated in part by the Bowery Presents...........

.........The Wellmont Theater opened in 1922 and was later converted into a motion picture theater. It then became a triplex before closing in 2006. Part of the theater's renovation includes the removal of seating from the main floor. Once fully renovated, the live music space will feature state-of-the-art sound, lighting and recording systems, which will have the capability to be used for Internet, television and radio broadcasts..... [Billboard] (thx all)

And apparently Bowery beat out Scores who had plans to make the space a strip club.

This is promising news. Jersey is in need of another good club, and Montclair's a cool neighborhood.

Posted by Josh | March 17, 2008 12:03 PM

This does look pretty cool. Anyone know how easy it is to get there by train?

Posted by Anonymous | March 17, 2008 12:09 PM

Very easy by train! The station is maybe 5 blocks away! THIS IS WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!

Posted by Anonymous | March 17, 2008 12:24 PM

the scores in montclair idea was an APRIL FOOLS JOKE. duh.

Posted by adam | March 17, 2008 12:43 PM

Its good to see that the shill posters from Bowery Presents made it safely back from SXWS and got in the first 3 posts in this topic.

Posted by Anonymous | March 17, 2008 1:28 PM

Exactly how long of a commute from Manhattan are we talking here?

I guess I could probably find that out myself. Nevermind.

Posted by Drugs Delaney | March 17, 2008 1:33 PM

I hear there's a really long line at Market Hotel for next Saturday's show, so don't bother even going there at all. And its really unsafe. Montclair New Jersey is the coolest town on the east coast and I hear its going to be the new Brooklyn, and its so convenient and safe. Bowery rocks!

Posted by Anonymous | March 17, 2008 1:38 PM

fuck yea!

Posted by matt | March 17, 2008 1:44 PM

Can't believe this: I used to live in nearby Maplewood, and always thought someone should buy this place and turn it into a music venue. It's right in the heart of downtown Montclair, which has some great restaurants (Raymond's, especially), a really amazing book store, an excellent art house theater and a nice college-town vibe. Only problem: From what I understand, on weekends, the train schedule to Montclair is severely limited. That could change, of course, but people I met who lived there told me it was a serious pain to get to and from the city on weekends.

Posted by Matt | March 17, 2008 1:48 PM

a new music venue is opening in Montclair and you cynical bastards find something to bitch about that anyway

Posted by Anonymous | March 17, 2008 2:12 PM

if you live in montclair you're a multi-millionare...love the ghetto's of east orange.

I must say as ny transplant, nj really has some interesting neighborhoods...

check out union city, 25 mins to the city via bus, plus light rail

really affordable also and you can eat like a king for $5

Posted by Anonymous | March 17, 2008 2:12 PM

Blondie was singing about Union City 30 years ago.

Posted by drewo | March 17, 2008 2:17 PM

Ummmm, I live in Montclair and I am nowhere near a millionaire. Yes, the taxes are high but there are affordable apartments in town. By the way, it is a gorgeous town and I think this is great news.

Posted by jables | March 17, 2008 2:20 PM

I have lived in Montclair my entire life and have witnessed its transformation first hand.

While this is great news for the Wellmont, a space that has long had so much potential, I think it will only further the rapid gentrification of the town.

Montclair is a community that has long since prided itself on its diversity, a diversity that has been decreasing as the downtown area of town becomes more and more developed--subsequently pushing property values further and further out of reach for middle class families.

While I am never one to turn down a new music venue in town, especially a Bowery Presents backed establishment, I think that this will only serve to further move the town away from its roots and send property taxes even further through the roof--pushing out those who can't afford to pay, those who are a vital part of the diversity of this town.

Just the bad news with the good news I spose.

Posted by Eric Baumann | March 17, 2008 2:27 PM

baumann:

just move to the better town: West Orange

Posted by jason | March 17, 2008 2:33 PM

PARK SLOPE, NJ

Posted by Anonymous | March 17, 2008 2:33 PM

"just move to the better town: West Orange"

Hahahhahahahahahahahhh!!!!

Posted by soapy | March 17, 2008 2:46 PM

soapy:

we've got the biggest whole foods in the state of nj. take that, gentrification!

Posted by jason | March 17, 2008 2:58 PM

eric baumann, your Essex county taxes are so high because one half of the county pays taxes to support the other half that does not.

Posted by I want my daddy's records | March 17, 2008 6:20 PM

holy shit...

I saw my first R rated movie there. I think it was called "zapped."

Posted by pugatch | March 17, 2008 7:32 PM

I live in Montclair and have my whole life, and I think this could be a good idea. I mean, there are no "major" theaters in the area and this could really provide a good outlet for the local sprouting music scene to get a little spotlight. Also, since "Montclair is going to be the new Brooklyn" we don't have to take the trains or buses to the city anymore because the venue is right around the corner.
...But, that is not what the kids of Montclair really want. We just want to have the quieter town we grew up in, meaning we do not want New York flocking to bloomfield ave. I mean give me a break, Urban Outfitters is right around the corner from this place.
Fuck that.

Posted by Anonymous | March 17, 2008 7:35 PM

who gives a fuck what the kids of Montclair want?

Posted by Anonymous | March 17, 2008 9:20 PM

This is going to be Bowery's first failing venture, and a dismal one at that. What was that music club in Wayne in the 80's that was supposed to give the Jersey kids a place to see good music instead of going into the City. It was a joke, and so is this.

Posted by Anonymous | March 17, 2008 9:49 PM

^^^^^^^ You seem like a happy person. ^^^^^^^^^
Is life that shitty?

Posted by Anonymous | March 17, 2008 9:55 PM

Life is great when you don't live in fucking New Jersey, thank you.

Posted by Anonymous | March 17, 2008 9:57 PM

I'm with 9:49. Jersey kids are used to traveling into the city for good shows, bands aren't going to play one night in montclair then one night in nyc when they could have more easily just done two nights in nyc.

Posted by nick | March 17, 2008 9:59 PM

who said that they are going to be booking up and coming acts or big blog hits? maybe they'll book things suited towards an older audience (like NJPAC does).

Posted by jason | March 17, 2008 10:10 PM

I think it's a great spot. i live 20 mins from there and I'm in montclair all the time. decent bar selection, great food, close to the train and my house.

SCORE!

Posted by Mike | March 17, 2008 10:19 PM

Hey 9:57. Are you serious? This is a music blog and we are discussing a new venue set to open in NJ. Lighten up and get a life. Find something a little bit more important to cry about.

Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2008 9:04 AM

Life is great when you don't live in close proximity to Anon9:57, thank you.

what a douche...way to keep those stereotypes alive!

Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2008 9:16 AM

I second that. Anon 9:57 you are a douche bag. I don't live in NJ, never have, but you sound like an idiot!

Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2008 9:30 AM

.".But, that is not what the kids of Montclair really want. We just want to have the quieter town we grew up in, meaning we do not want New York flocking to bloomfield ave. I mean give me a break, Urban Outfitters is right around the corner from this place.
Fuck that."

Oh but it's okay when the suburbs flocks to New York and changes it's character right? Just not the other way around?
Music venues have closed and live music has been prohibited in certain venues in downtown NYC because assholes from the suburbs move into the gentrified East Village and then want it quite like in New Jersey where they came from, and they have stuff muted and shuttered. But when there's a hint of it coming at you the other way you instantly cry.. nonono. Hyprocrite. Douchbag. Fuck That? Fuck you.

I hope the the noise of New York comes over and fills Bloomfield Avenue until you can never get a good nights sleep again.

Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2008 10:24 AM

10:24
you have serious metal issues. you realize that we are talking about live music here, right? this is not a life or death issue. have you ever seen a vagina in your life?

Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2008 11:00 AM

um, I believe that I WAS talking about live music when I was mentioning NYC clubs being shut down and live music being silenced by gentrfication because newly arrived suburbanites complain. It is not a life or death issue of course, but I never said it was, you used those words. But it IS a live music issue. read my post again since you didn't understand it when you read it the first time.

Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2008 11:40 AM

more live music equals potentially more vaginas to be seen!

Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2008 11:45 AM

How do you know I don't have one?

Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2008 11:46 AM

Don't worry, now that 11,000 bankers and finance people with their high salaries are about to be laid off from Bear Stearns, I would say gentrification is gonna be coming crashing down any moment...

Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2008 11:47 AM

Suburbaites want it both ways: NYC should be nice and quite and safe and clean for them and so should the suburbs.

According to them It should all be quite and bland. Blanket all areas with a New Jersey boring

Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2008 11:48 AM

11:00:

I know you've seen a dick a million times. Every time you look in the mirror.

Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2008 11:49 AM

some of you anti-gentrifiers are real fucking idiots...do you really long to live in a dirty, noisy, unsafe, crime-infested place? if so, why? what does a place like that have to offer you?

if you love old nyc so much go live in brownsville of east new york...you'll love it for about 10 minutes until you get your skull bashed in for the $3 you have in your pocket.

Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2008 11:58 AM

ps 11:48...thanks for your brilliant insights asserting how safety and cleanliness are "boring"...youre definitely an asshole

and also, it's QUIET, not "quite"

Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2008 12:03 PM

Actually anyone who just simply reads "safe" and "clean" as just that and only that, is pretty shallow. Don't take things so literally. There is a larger issue behind things becoming safe and clean. Gentrification just doesn't clean things up and make it safer to walk the streets, it also takes a lot of other interesting things away. Art and music suffer and a certain type of the artistic and creative community is swept away. I'm not going to go into it in detail here or engage in another long argument with morons who just look at things from solely and literally a safety and cleaniness issue only. There are other long posts recently on Brooklyn Vegan and elsewhere about how the rapid gentrification of NYC has destroyed the culture..

However I will say this: Brownsville and East New York have never ever been hotbeds of creativity and culture like some of the other areas of NYC that have had their creative culture wiped away by gentrification. And to suggest that these neighborhoods are your example to support your argument shows that not only are you an asshole, but you are a racist.

In my mind Safe and clean means antiseptic and cookie cutter and bland and uninteresting.

In your mind Safe and clean means white people.

Go F yourself.

Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2008 12:18 PM

"what does a place like that have to offer you?"

Art, culture, a great mix of interesting diverse people, an environment that's more tolerant and open and fun than anywhere where you apparently live.

And most importantly, no people like you living there.

Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2008 12:21 PM

To the Racist:

Brownsville and East New York are NOT the examples of Old NYC that people have been lamenting the demise of. Never have been. That you cite these areas as your argument shows how clearly clueless you are.

You are the asshole. A racist clueless one. But at least your safe and clean right?

Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2008 12:23 PM

I think you guys missing the most important point - gentrification means you can no longer afford to live in that neighborhood. By "you" I mean your average working folk. Unless you're willing to share an apt with 3 other roomies. Fuck that.

Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2008 12:28 PM

Dear Mr. Gentrification,
Everyone reading this post understands that you know the definition of this word now. You have used it enough in the two days since you learned it. It's time to put it away now, you sound more like a fool every time you use it. We are not impressed.

Posted by Gentrification | March 18, 2008 12:47 PM

gentrification means less vagina

Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2008 1:29 PM

I could NOT be happier about this news.

I lived in the E. Village for 5-6 years but moved to Montclair last fall so I could raise a family in some space.

The idea of a Bowery Presents venue here in my 'hood... wow, just wow. I'm going to be going all the freakin' time!

Thanks, guys! We will try to make it worth your while.

Posted by Russ | March 18, 2008 3:06 PM

"gentrification means leess vagina"

...and more dicks

Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2008 4:06 PM

"

In your mind Safe and clean means white people.

Go F yourself."

does your pussy hurt?

Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2008 4:13 PM

I'm a bit torn here. I grew up in neighboring West Orange, and I remember when Montclair was far from the gentrified town it is now. It wasn't too long ago when the Wellmont was where you could drink and smoke while seeing a movie. The town has gentrified to the point of losing all character. It has gone from being a truely eclectic town with an arthouse stage theater, 3+ indie record stores, a comic book shop, and affordable boutiques, to a town that boasts $300 colanders (yes the thing you use to drain pasta) and restaurants restaurants restaurants. I enjoy the town very much. But I've got to say, it reeks of snobbery. I don't care how many tv and publishing personalities live there, it is still an elitist town with a huge head on its shoulders.

That said, I do enjoy going there for a night out, and will probably end up going to the Wellmont

Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2008 4:36 PM

hey anon 12:18, let me break some shit down for your dense ass...

"Brownsville and East New York have never ever been hotbeds of creativity and culture like some of the other areas of NYC that have had their creative culture wiped away by gentrification."

let's answer a question together...when was it exactly that these "other areas of NYC" became so creative?? take williamsburg for instance...was it during the 70's and 80's when the area was totally populated by immigrant families? no. williamsburg's new "creative culture" was a direct result of the (white) art students who moved there in the 90's.

it's not racist, it's a fact.

by these (as white as white gets) white people moving there and establishing a "creative culture," they prompted other like-minded whites to move there as well. by these like-minded whites moving there, they prompted other whites to move there, and by those whites moving they prompted "gentrification" as you call it, which would be more accurately described as commercialization since the neighborhood changes as a direct result of the spending power of its residents.

so, paradoxically, it is actually the first wave of transplants, the true artists if you will, that bring your "gentrification" upon a neighborhood; and by that logic, no "creative culture" can exist without commercialization as the end result.

now let's again revisit where you say:

they have never "been hotbeds of creativity and culture" for a reason, because the first wave of artists never moved there, because...

you fill in the blank

In your mind Safe and clean means antiseptic and cookie cutter and bland and uninteresting.

in my mind it means freedom from fear/victimization and filth/pollution/litter/disease.

Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2008 4:40 PM

The gentrification guy is such a loser, that is obvious from the idiotic, rambling posts he has been posting here. I would love to know where the gentrification guy lives... probably his mother's basement. Sorry gentrification guy. You'll get out someday... put down the XBox 360 and ask mom for a loan.

Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2008 4:50 PM

ARGUING ON THE INTERNET IS LIKE BEING IN THE SPECIAL OLYMPICS. EVEN IF YOU WIN, YOU'RE STILL A RETARD. EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM. RETARDED

Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2008 4:56 PM

4:40 PM Boy are you a dummy. And your entire above post further unmasks you as the clueless ratist that you are.

This isn't a race issue. You have made it one. It is a class issue, a geographic issue, a housing stock issue and a city vs suburbs issue. Certain areas of the City, Willimasburg, Soho , East Village, etc during their respective era were magnets to artist for a variety of reasons including location, proximity to certain things, large industrial warehouse loft working spaces, and/or very cheap rent based on bad and or undesirable neighborhoods. East New York and Brownsville never entered into the equation for most or some of those above reasons, not because they were black areas.

The 'white arts students' that moved to Williamsburg in the 90's (actually late 80's/very early 90's) were mostly local city dwellers, not suburban mall rats or midwestern college students coming here on their parents checking account in order to live the cool life of a creative type. Plus to completely destroy your argument, Williamsburg was only interesting and creative and artistic when it was still dangerous and still sketchy. Now that bankers and businessmen have moved in, Williamsburg is completely over as a cool area.

The East Village/Lower East Side were at their most creative artistic heights at the time when the neighborhood was an unsafe drug infested graffitti strewn wonderland. Now it is a boring spring break type weekend event for the bridge and tunnel crowd with a bank on every corner and fifteen bars inbetween them on every block. Sameness. Lowest common denominator stuff.

And the creative culture does not coexist with the commericalization once the commercialization takes over in gentrified areas because they are not based on the same econmics or economic system. The artists discover an area and settle, but then in a while after the area has completely gentrified, the arts scene that created the demand for the area no longer has anything at all to do with the new residents or their way of life so it is sent packing.

Please learn a little bit before you go and post more dense, arrogant, racist, ashole comments.

really, you are embarrassing yourself.

Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2008 5:03 PM

Anon 4:40:

I guess you fear the black person.

Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2008 5:03 PM

Wait I'm confused. If the gentrification guy is a loser which is the gentrification guy? The guy who is FOR gentrification (and white people) or the person against it (who likes the culture of old NYC)?

Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2008 5:07 PM

"it's not racist, it's a fact."

This is the most common statment that a racist makes after he says something racist.

Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2008 5:12 PM

Let's all hear it for White People! More banks! More ATMS! Less live music clubs! Less diversity! More Quiet! More strollers! Yay white people! Way to go White People!

Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2008 5:15 PM

4:40 PM thinks immigrant families equal fear/victimization and filth/pollution/litter/disease.

and whites equal freedom from all that.

pretty racist if you ask me.

Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2008 5:16 PM

10:24 AM,
You don't live here, and you like the music in the city.
You're the scum of new york!

Posted by Anonymous | March 19, 2008 7:21 AM

WHOA EVERYONE! I think you've all forgotten the original point. The Wellmont theater is an architectural and cultural gem. It would have been demolished and turned to parking had it not been purchased. The fact that the buyers are renovating it and opening it to the public is a blessing. As a former Wellmont employee, I can attest the the breathtaking molding and gilding that lay behind the main screen. Why don't you all just sit back and consider yourselves lucky that you'll have the chance to see what I saw. No change is ever completely good or bad, but at least this one isn't a parking lot.

Posted by Sarah | April 23, 2008 12:26 AM

New Jersey is sooo much better than everywhere else.

Posted by Anonymous | September 2, 2008 11:06 AM

Jersey! Whoo!!! Fuck NYC

Posted by Anonymous | September 2, 2008 12:48 PM

I understand the gentrification-kills-live-music argument, but this project will bring more live music to New Jersey than it will drive out.

Posted by Anonymous | September 2, 2008 2:53 PM

Hey March 17 at 9:20:

You should give a fuck what we think because we live there and have a lifelong attachment to Montclair. New York City is a huge metropolitan area and should be the place where people from the Tristate go for big rock shows. I liked the Wellmont when it was a movie theater, and am so bummed that we'll have to deal with your sceney bullshit in my hometown.

Posted by Anonymous | September 2, 2008 8:21 PM

The investment bankers on South Mountain Ave. aren't going to like the new Wellmont any more than they like meth being peddled to their precious offspring in the private schools that they sent their kids to after they realized that the Mtc. public schools ain't all they're cracked up to be.

+ it's going to seriously cut into their dining time at 'Raymond's' as they drive their Hummers around for an extra half hour looking for parking (a 15 minute walk from their homes).

My ten bucks says that this is going to be another chapter in the long history of the better class of folk trying to oust the undesirables from our fair burg.

Posted by Noyster | September 3, 2008 7:19 AM

We'll take your 10 bucks at the door. Now get out.

Posted by Anonymous | September 5, 2008 6:23 AM

How should Noyster get out? Bus, train or should we just tar and feather him and ride him on a rail?

Posted by Captain America | September 5, 2008 9:17 AM

Where am I being driven from, exactly? And by whom: The gentrifiers or the anti-gentrifiers?

I mean, don't get me wrong -- I definitely have to go -- I'm just wondering who I've offended.

Posted by Noyster | September 5, 2008 12:00 PM

My wife and I grew up in Montclair and live 15 minutes away now. The money that's poured into the town in recent years has spoiled the demographic diversity that's always been its hallmark and that's a shame. However, it wasn't that many years ago that there were only 2 or 3 restaurants in town so I guess you get the good with the bad.

I can't wait to see the renovations - the interior is classic - I still remember watching a (Sean Connery) James Bond triple feature in the balcony on a Saturday afternoon. The only real downside to this whole thing is the parking situation - it's already impossible!

Anyway, here's initial line up for the place that was emailed to me today. It looks like an interesting mix:

WellmontTheater.com is operational, but without any listings yet. See below for a list of some of the already-scheduled shows....

The Wellmont Theatre - initial 2008 schedule *
11/01 - Dave Barnes, Everybody Else & Hanson (The Walk Tour)
11/02 - Matisyahu
12/04 - B.B. King
12/05 - John Prine
12/06 - Get The Led Out - Trib. To Led Zeppelin
12/30 - Dark Star Orchestra
02/13/2009 - Rufus Wainwright

Posted by Anonymous | September 5, 2008 12:46 PM

To anyone wanting to come in you can get the DeCamp Bus 33 or 66(Decamp.com for schedules) from the Port Authority and get off right there. Trains are a few blocks away at either the Bay Street or Walnut Street stations.

I hope they get the Butthole Surfers to play someday.

I live in Verona and have wanted something like this for a long time. Now I just have to wait for some bands that I want to see get booked.

Posted by PoopooLarson | September 9, 2008 10:34 PM

I propose we draw a line down the middle of the Hudson, a la "I Love Lucy."
You NY assholes stay on your side, and us NJ assholes will stay on ours.

Posted by Texecution | September 11, 2008 9:08 AM

This is such great news! I live very close to this theatre and constantly bemoan the fact that we have to go into NY for good music.

Do they have a liquor license?? I know those are hard to come by in Montclair.

Posted by Anonymous | September 12, 2008 9:49 AM

I looked in the other day and could see the dirt.

The floor be all gone. That dirt hasn't seen the light of day in years my friends. Man they are going to be pulling some long days in there to get this ready by Nov.

Bands I want to see there:

Breeders
Ween
Pixies if they get together again
Butthole Surfers
Flaming Lips
Sonic Youth
Neil Young with Crazy Horse
Mercury Rev they still around?
For my wife-The Dandy Warhols &Imperial Teen
Comets on Fire
SUbway Surfers

Posted by PoopooLarson | September 14, 2008 10:27 PM

They have a liquor license. They bought the license that was held by the Marlboro Inn (Polfker's an ass for tearing it down to put up mcmansions) for 250k.

Posted by Anonymous | September 22, 2008 3:17 PM

Have fun getting to the Wellmont on a Train during the weekends. THEY DON'T EXIST. You'd think people who live in town would have pointed that out by now. Also, the town needs a parking deck (since the one at the train station is really 30 spaces and a load of crappy condos). I guess the NYC gentry can always take a helicopter from the city!!

Posted by DaveS | September 25, 2008 12:56 PM

take a bus, they run all the time and its 20 minutes from manhattan if you dont go during rush hours.

Posted by Anonymous | October 3, 2008 1:36 PM

The town just built a parking deck, know-it-all. It's ugly. And you take the decamp bus into town #66. It's cheaper than a train anyway.

Posted by Anonymous | October 11, 2008 8:38 AM

Is there parking at this venue?

Posted by Anonymous | October 11, 2008 12:40 PM

This is cool...would love to see them open their doors also to up and coming artists/bands, like The Lost Patrol out of Piermont, NY.

Posted by tushmama | October 26, 2008 2:18 PM

The bus is not cheaper than the train. No train service on the weekend yet, maybe next year. But the bus from Port Authority makes it in 25 to 30 minutes and runs late. I am a New Yorker living in Montclair for 15 years. If I cant live in Montclair I dont want to live in New Jersey. Close to the city and lots of New York people. Its not far from the city and there are plenty of restaurants right there but most are BYOB. Give it a try..............

Posted by chris parisi | November 3, 2008 4:02 PM

YOU GUYS HAVE TO BOOK THE GREAT DAN BARCAN AS AT LEAST AN OPENING ACT GUITAR/VOICE AT ONE OF YOUR VENUES.THE WELLMONT THEATRE WOULD BE A PURFECT VENUE FOR HIM. SINCE HE IS A NEW JERSEY LIFE LONG RESIDENT.WHAT AN AMAZING SINGER-SONGWRITER-PERFORMER!AND A FRIEND OF MINE HAD TOLD ME HE HAS NOT PLAYED ANYWHERE IN THE LAST 4 YEARS.HES CURRENTLY WRITING NEW SONGS FOR HIS UPCOMING CD AND I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU GUYS TO BOOK HIM WHERE AND WHENEVER YOU CAN AS SOON AS POSSIBLE,THANKS FOR YOUR TIME,MATHEW JONES........MUSIC FREE PRESS...UK/EURO.....GUYS CHECK OUT HIS MYSPACE SIGHTS DAN BARCAN AND D BARCAN...THE SONGS,THE HUMOUR,THE EVERYTHING MAN!MJ...

Posted by MATHEW JONES | December 9, 2008 5:15 PM

My Great- Uncle H. H Wellenbrink and wife Anna "built" the Wellmont in 1922. I have the origional newspaper article about it. I see where it will be renovated, is there any type of information about them that could be shared with me, or photographs. Anything that can be shared I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks Janice

Posted by Janice Roberts | April 2, 2009 12:52 AM

this place sucks the sound is the WORST the people that run the place are obnoxious and rude

Posted by DJ Fruit Loops | May 3, 2012 11:27 AM

can you imagine the scene when Bloc Party plays there? It's going to be some serious 4x face action!

Posted by Anonymous | May 3, 2012 11:45 AM