Leonard Cohen, RnR Hall of Fame induction - Mar 10, 2008 (Ryan Muir)
Madonna spoke of being possessed by magic as she was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on Monday along with Leonard Cohen, rocker John Mellencamp, pop band The Dave Clark Five and instrumental group The Ventures.* South plays Pianos again
"I felt like I had been possessed by some magic and luckily for me I have been miraculously and continuously possessed by some kind of magic," Madonna said at the annual Hall of Fame ceremony in New York.
"I have gone on to do so many things in my life, from writing children's books, to designing clothes, to directing a film. But for me it always does, and it always will, come back to the music, so thank you," she said.
Madonna, 49, was inducted by pop star Justin Timberlake, who has co-written and co-produced half the songs on her new album "Hard Candy," which is released next month. "Nobody has gotten into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame looking this damn fine," he said. "You're no old museum piece." [Reuters]
* Dizzee Rascal is at Southpaw
* Reykjavik! are at Club Midway
* "women only" @ Knitting factory
* Shout Out Louds play 2 shows at Joe's Pub
* Jose Gonzalez is playing Highline Ballroom
* Snoop Doggy Dogg is playing Blender Theater
* Justice & Chromeo are playing the Theater @ MSG
* Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip is at Mercury Lounge
* The Black Lips are playing Music Hall of Williamsburg
* Emmy The Great & The Pigeon Detectives play Bowery Ballroom
* Hanne Hukkelberg (Norway), Bell, & Kate Walsh are @ Union Hall
If you're a man, you can't get in to the show in the Knitting Factory Tap Bar tonight.