Posted in music | pictures on April 14, 2008

MusicSnobbery's 3rd Anniversary @ Maxwell's - April 11, 2008 (Abbey Braden)
Music Snobbery

Greg (DJ NF) wrote in,

I am pretty impressed with Moby at the moment. After watching him kill it as a dj in SXSW, I felt like he was pretty unstoppable. Then when he stepped in for the The Teeth last night, I thought wow this dude just really likes to play. Then he did a lot of fan requests and dedicated a song to a fan and her family who had recently passed. I kinda am beginning to believe that Moby is really just all about the music and the people. I mean the dude is unflappable.

The night included covers of The Boss, Joy Divison, a 40s do wop song, Mission of Burma and 'Walk on the Wild Side', we he said when he hears it "makes him want to go to the bus station and take drugs." He was backed by three singers, keys, drummer and a possibly wasted guitar player, but who can really tell cause everyone was having a really good time. Overall, it was an awesome night in Jerz and I think I might try to hire Moby to play at my wedding.

Moby @ Maxwell's, Hoboken, NJ- April 11, 2008 (Abbey Braden)
Moby

A full, detailed writeup of Thursday night's show is @ MusicSnobbery's site. More pics @ Flickr.

PREVIOUSLY: Moby took MusicSnobbery's offer! playing Maxwell's

Guess "Music Snob" didn't have time to get a haircut before his big party..yeesh

Posted by Anonymous | April 14, 2008 1:08 PM

Could you please stop posting pics of Moby.

Posted by Anonymous | April 14, 2008 1:19 PM

I never knew musicsnobbery had blonde hair?! She matched it up nice with the gold outfit!

Posted by Jp | April 14, 2008 1:24 PM

Was a fun show and surley worth the $8 ticket price!

Posted by Anonymous | April 14, 2008 1:24 PM

who's the hottie getting sandwiched in there? grrrr....

Posted by timmy | April 14, 2008 1:53 PM

No joke, I didn't have time to get a hair cut. Two weekends I do, will post the results for you.

In the picture, on the left is Julie from Northern State, the girls in the gold dresses are The Sweet Divines. Heather in the center, Ashley in the back and Jennie is the blonde.

They, along with Clare from Clare and The Reasons and Greta from greta and the extroverts, sang back-up for Salt & samovar's "Ramblin' Man" cover.

Posted by MusicSnobbery | April 14, 2008 2:34 PM

happy for music snob chris, but he is such a huge tool. dorkiest and appropriately snobbiest (and unrighteously so) guy i ever met. congrats....

Posted by Anonymous | April 14, 2008 2:34 PM

I agree with the previous post. If people stop paying attention to Moby, maybe he'll go away.

Posted by Anonymous | April 14, 2008 3:12 PM

"who's the hottie getting sandwiched in there? grrrr...."

Go to Hoboken when it gets warm, and you will see a 'plethora' of hotties like that rollin' around. And, please no Williamsburg dorks commenting on Hoboken being frat boy etc...We all know when your parents stop paying for your lofts and sending you weekly checks to buy white belts etc...you and you're b/f or husbands/wifes will be moving there...It really is that nice.

Booyah!