Posted in comedy | music | pictures on April 1, 2008

photos by Ryan Muir

Larry Murphy
Rock and RoFL

Last night's Rock 'n' ROFL party started out right with a hilarious hour of comedy by Reggie Watts, Will Franken, Kumail Nanjiani, Larry Murphy & Sean O' Connor. Go see all these guys when you have the chance. Having them all in a row was just ridiculous. Good work putting that together Klaus. Pictures and tour dates below........

Sean O'Connor

Apr 11 - GREG JOHNSON & LARRY MURPHY SHOW @ RIFIFI New York NY
Apr 18 - GREG JOHNSON & LARRY MURPHY SHOW @ RIFIFI New York NY
Apr 18 - PRODUCERS CLUB New York NY

rock and rofl

good times

klaus is awesome

gave me a free PBR when i obvs didn't need one

Posted by Anonymous | April 1, 2008 12:52 PM

He obvs was trying to give you alcohol poisoning in hopes that you would choke on your own vomit and die.

Posted by Anonymous | April 1, 2008 1:34 PM

Last night was literally the most fun I've had in months. The comedians approached the stage with completely different bits, but one thing they all brought to the table was super-high, infectious energy. Kumail kicked things off with a more standard stand-up set that I wish could have gone on for an hour. The guy's just a phenomenal storyteller. Larry Murphy was up next doing my favorite character from his repertoire, Sal Lupo, a cabbie from Canarsie. I've seen it before but, good grief, Sal Lupo is a work of true genius and artistry. Speaking of artistry, last night was the first time I've ever seen Will Franken and the man is a phenomenon. He was brilliant. I honestly couldn't believe what I was seeing. You have to see his show on 4/16. The most unique act I've ever seen. Reggie ended the comedy portion of the show with his signature, far out, music-comedy stuff. I can't think of a better way to segue our comedy portion of the show to the music portion of the show than with 10 minutes of Reggie Watts blowing our minds.

Mad props to all the comedians for doing our show, and mad props to the people who came early for the open bar and the comedy. AND SUPER HUGE PROPS to everyone who pitched in with the folding up and stowing away of the chairs. At one point I think there were 6 people helping me fold and stack, including Kumail! This was the part of the show I was worried about the most and with all the unexpected help it literally took a minute to accomplish.

Please please please make note of the dates listed above and see these comedians. They're among the best in the biz, G.

Posted by klaus_kinski | April 1, 2008 2:15 PM

OBVIOUS VAGINA!

Posted by Anonymous | April 1, 2008 2:52 PM

oh man this whole time ive been seeing the ROFL posts on here i thought it was al franken.

in any case i saw reggie watts at veil of maya on sunday and that dude is awesome!!

Posted by sarah | April 1, 2008 4:47 PM

Will actually opened his act saying "yes, same last name as Al" (except my quote does him no justice)

Posted by Anonymous | April 1, 2008 4:58 PM

Islam is a religion of peace

Posted by منتديات | February 22, 2011 4:42 PM