Posted in music | tour dates on April 7, 2008

The Dirtbombs @ local 506, April 3, 2008 (lord dut)
Dirtbombs

The Dirtmbombs play a free show in Other Music in just a few hours (April 7th, 8pm). Thay played Maxwell's this weekend, and they're back in NYC to play Bowery Ballroom in four days. Tickets for that, and other shows on their tour with Kelley Stoltz, are still on sale. All dates below.....

The Dirtbombs - 2008 Tour Dates
Apr 7 - Other Music New York, New York (8pm free in-store)
Apr 8 - Cafe Nine New Haven, Connecticut
May 23 - The Bottleneck Lawrence, Kansas
May 24 - Creepy Crawl St. Louis, Missouri
May 25 - The Basement Columbus, Ohio
Jun 5 - ULU London, London and South East
Jun 6 - Carling Academy Birmingham Birmingham, Midlands
Jun 8 - Barfly at The Gloucester, Gloucester, South

cafe nine is smaller than other music they'll tear that place down.

Posted by Anonymous | April 7, 2008 5:47 PM

Finally! Some outright Brooklyn Vegan love for the Dirtbombs. Where ya been papa?! Record store was great tonight - Pat drumming on the shelves and that. No one was disappointed. Bowery will probably sell out at the door so get the tix now.

Posted by Elwood D. Pennypacker | April 7, 2008 10:46 PM

Oh Elwood, get off the bandwagon. How long ya been listening to the Dirtbombs? A year now im sure. Do you guys even know The Gories? It is pretty funny the love being given to them all of a sudden. Where were all you fucks for the last number of years when they played here. Or even as recent as the cmj show at mercury which did not sell out. Too funny. This is not even the best lineup they have right now but that is the beautiful Ko in that picture above. Id stop what i was doing any day of the week to fuck her silly.

Posted by Anonymous | April 7, 2008 11:06 PM

"Oh Elwood, get off the bandwagon. How long ya been listening to the Dirtbombs?"

The Dirtbombs have a bandwagon? Maybe years ago when "garage rock" was popular, but now? Sounds you like to be a know-it-all. Want a cookie?

"Or even as recent as the cmj show at mercury which did not sell out."

Where was I? I was at home because that show was at midnight. By the time all the normal "delays" happen, they probably took the stage around 1am.

P.S. I am not Elwood. I had to miss this show, but I will be there on Friday.

Posted by Anonymous | April 7, 2008 11:30 PM

Anon 11:06 :
"How long ya been listening to the Dirtbombs? A year now im sure."

Listening to them since July 2003. Been doing their MySpace page sine 2005. I'm sure that's still too recent in your eyes. Where did you come in? Are you one of the "Ultraglide" fandomania people? Or are you a "Horndog Fest" purist? Maybe you came in at the Gories, since you mentioned them, so for all we know you're a washed-up, has-been recovering drug addict piss-poor rock musician who thinks he should have been bigger than he was while some other bands took off...but you know...far be it from me to make assumptions.

Oh and I recorded 3 songs from the Mercury show for the YouTube page.

The funny part is that at the record store, I was the one who yelled out "who are all you people?! where were you five years ago?!" And I thought I was the one being the presumptuous asshole.

Posted by Elwood D. Pennypacker | April 8, 2008 6:16 AM

I saw these guys a few years ago... don't listen to these people. The Dirtbombs make rock BORING! One of the worst sets I've ever had to endure.

Posted by Anonymous | April 8, 2008 7:59 AM

Where is 11:06 PM now that he has been owned, not once, but twice.

Posted by Anonymous | April 8, 2008 11:54 AM

^^

Twang!

Posted by Anonymous | April 8, 2008 12:11 PM

Ok i am Anon 11:06. So Anon 11:54am who is probably either Elwood or Anon 11:30pm, how exactly did you 2 idiots own me? Because one of you stupid fucks says garage rock is not popular now(which is wrong) and you could not come out of your house at midnight for a show(whats wrong? mommy doesnt let you out past 11?)
And the other moron has been "doing" their myspace page for 3 years? Or that he miscategorized anyone who actually listened to The Gories. What is funny is that his assumption was completely wrong and mine was actually right. The guy is late to the party and trying to call out other people.

The only thing the 2 of you own is an appalling lack of intelligence and an apparent lack of a life.

Posted by Anonymous | April 8, 2008 1:24 PM

Never said all Gories fans were drug addicts, etc. Just throwing it out there that you are - the same kind of random labeling you chose to do. I never understood this hostile, angry attitude towards a band having more than 5 fans. Personally, I put the limit at about 150 fans. You should probably talk to a therapist about all this.

Posted by Elwood D. Pennypacker | April 8, 2008 6:08 PM

I love The Gories and I love drugs.

what what?

pick up " I know you be houserockin " and listen to it on your knees.

anything mick collins does I will listen to.

The Gories
The Screws
Dirtbombs
Blacktop

and you know how I found out about him?
he sang back up vocals on a Rocket From The Crypt track.
not only is my dick 10 inches.......... it gets hard as well!

Posted by Anonymous | April 8, 2008 11:05 PM

I read this Elwood D. Penispuffer's blog and it looks like this is the most comments this band-leech has ever had to deal with.

Posted by Anonymous | April 13, 2008 9:54 AM