Posted in music | tour dates on May 19, 2008

DINOSAUR JR.
LILYS
YO LA TENGO
MERCURY REV
MOGWAI
LE VOLUME COURBE

I noticed they broke down the ATP NYC festival lineup by day and who picked which bands (see above) (plus there's still more bands TBA announced I think). I didn't realize until now that bands like Thee Silver Mount Zion Orchestra weren't specifically picked by My Bloody Valentine (not that it matters) (or does it?).

Thee Silver Mount Zion Orchestra are also currently on tour and they're playing NYC tonight/Monday (May 19) and tomorrow/Tuesday. Neither show is sold out.

Other ATP NY bands with upcoming shows in NYC are Built To Spill/Meat Puppets/Dinosaur Jr (Terminal 5), Polvo (Bowery & Maxwell's), and My Bloody Valentine (Roseland). Did I forget anyone?

I mean, great line up and all. But, why would they have the band that EVERYONE wants to see on a Sunday. Love the fact of driving back tripping on acid to make it into work Monday.

Awesome.

Posted by Anonymous | May 19, 2008 1:23 PM

saturday could you some more marquee names. they should add portishead.

Posted by Anonymous | May 19, 2008 1:25 PM

If they added Portishead it would officially be the best festival of all time.

Posted by Anonymous | May 19, 2008 1:33 PM

they still have 8 bands to announce plus djs

it also looks like they will have performances at both locations...wonder how that is going to work...

Posted by Anonymous | May 19, 2008 1:40 PM

Posted by Anonymous | May 19, 2008 1:47 PM

"with polvo at maxwells in june and the bts/dinosaur/meat puppets show at terminal 5, i am totally not regretting buying tix to this show."

whew, good to hear. I was wondering.

Posted by Anonymous | May 19, 2008 1:51 PM

All I have to say is that the organizers need to be REALLY careful about scheduling conflicts. The simultaneous Television/Unwound set times at ATP LA was inexcusable. If they schedule MBV and YLT at the same time I want my money back!

Posted by BTH | May 19, 2008 2:04 PM

"If they schedule MBV and YLT at the same time I want my money back!"

Yeah, then you'd have to go to one of the other 526 YLT shows bound to occur in the next year that are monstrously cheaper than this one.

Posted by Anonymous | May 19, 2008 2:20 PM

Posted by Dan | May 19, 2008 2:48 PM

I cannot believe these silver mt zion shows are not sold out. They are one of the best bands around.

Posted by Anonymous | May 19, 2008 3:07 PM

"I'm already really looking forward to this festival. Any additional bands of interest that may be added to the festival will just be icing on the cake. I think Portishead is a bit too much to hope for, though. Aphex Twin perhaps?"

I have my money on Spiritualized and/or Primal Scream as likely candidates. Aphex as a DJ would be insane but I couldn't see it happening in such a small scale venue. But once again, the thought of playing Steve Albini and Richard James in shuffleboard...........

AND ON A MUCH MORE RELATED NOTE: So psyched for Silver Mt. Zion tonight! Missed those 2006 shows. Love the new album. I hope they bring the goods! And by goods, I mean vinyl.

Posted by Anonymous | May 19, 2008 3:08 PM

can't wait for that new Autolux album...

Posted by Anonymous | May 19, 2008 3:38 PM

tortise should play TNT, not million...

Posted by Anonymous | May 19, 2008 3:51 PM

"tortise should play TNT, not million..."

incorrect.

Posted by Anonymous | May 19, 2008 3:57 PM

the venue for ATP Nightmare Before Christmas had Aphex Twin in a small venue...

it ruled!

Posted by Anonymous | May 19, 2008 4:51 PM

missed Silver Mt. Zion tonight. how were they?

Posted by Anonymous | May 19, 2008 11:47 PM

They were pretty awesome. Lots of awkward pauses in between songs though where they encouraged audience response which was a bit annoying.

They played two new songs (as in newer than the 13 Blues album) that were absolutely incredible.

And the girls who play strings are totally hot.

Posted by Anonymous | May 20, 2008 11:38 AM

did Vic Chesnutt open? for real? how was he? what time did he go on?

mega psyched for SMZ!

Posted by Anonymous | May 20, 2008 6:02 PM

are they going to make single-day tickets available?

Posted by Anonymous | May 25, 2008 8:35 PM

did Vic Chesnutt open? for real? how was he? what time did he go on?

mega psyched for SMZ!