Posted in hiphop | music on May 12, 2008

Kanye West
Kanye West

Kanye West hasn't posted any more rants on his blog lately - just photos of Libeluila Strap-On Rocket Powered Helicopters and what not.

Kanye is on tour with Rihanna, N.E.R.D. and Lupe Fiasco. The NYC show (I'm amazed they never added a 2nd one) at Madison Square Garden is tomorrow (Tuesday, May 13, 2008). Tickets are sold out. All dates below....

Kanye West - 2008 Tour Dates
5.30 - Calgary Saddledome
6.2 - Vancouver, BC GM Place
6.3 - Portland, OR Rose Garden
6.5 - Reno, NV Reno Events Center
6.6 - HP Pavilion San Jose, CA
6.7 - Staples Center Los Angeles, CA

It screams 2nd night... but instead of having to work twice as much he just doubled the ticket price! Way to go, 'ye!

Just don't cry when the audience is predominately white.

Posted by Tito | May 12, 2008 5:20 PM

Seriously i know there are a lot of idiots on this blog making comments but if you actually pay those ebay/stubhub/craigslist prices to go to this show then you are a real dummy.
Hell if you actually go to this show you are pretty stupid but for those that still need a ticket may i suggest you just go to the garden an hour before the show and hangout as long as you can and trust me you will get a ticket outside for cheap. Scalpers own this show and there will be tons of tickets outside. Fuck if you dont care about lupe fiasco then just wait till a half hour after the show starts and you can probably get tickets for less than face.

Posted by Anonymous | May 12, 2008 5:58 PM

It does not matter how much you like Kanye. (I like him.) If you're paying above face value, which was already too much, for this show, you are in for a big disappointment once you hit MSG.

Posted by Anonymous | May 12, 2008 6:04 PM

I'd give it a B+

Posted by Jesus H. Christ | May 12, 2008 6:14 PM

id say around tomorrow afternoon youll be able to get tickets for face and under. im waiting until then..

Posted by Anonymous | May 12, 2008 6:15 PM

i heard kanye will do that "Chocolate Rain" song.

Posted by Anonymous | May 12, 2008 6:29 PM

west coming out party! Who will blow out his candle? Still a muppet!!!

Posted by Anonymous | May 12, 2008 7:47 PM

who's more disgusting, prez bush or kanye west?

Posted by anon | May 12, 2008 8:09 PM

you

Posted by Anonymous | May 12, 2008 10:38 PM

Ticket prices are comparable to M.I.A. show at McCarren.
Any one have an extra ticket?

Posted by t-Bone | May 12, 2008 11:44 PM

This album is HELLA PHat! Go out right now and gidit! It is cheap as hizell to the nizell! If you dont you are missing out on a true masterpiece! Word! Im krunk'n to it right now! Ouch...Just dropped my air mac! Iz alright y'all! Oh and all you haterzzz!!! Kanye is here to stay! Wordx2! Im Audi 5000!

Posted by Danye Shmest | May 13, 2008 11:50 AM

for serious danye? i mean really?

Posted by THATS RACIST | May 13, 2008 3:31 PM

danye fo rizzle!

THATS RACIST be sasha frere faggot jones

Posted by Anonymous | May 13, 2008 5:17 PM

Anyone have any idea what the times are for everyone to go on tonight?

Posted by Anonymous | May 13, 2008 6:22 PM

^^^^ ummm who gives a shit. You are an idiot for going

Posted by Anonymous | May 13, 2008 6:33 PM

Well, I took the advice I read about on this board. I waited until the afternoon... and the Craigslist prices didn't budge. I even went to MSG & waited until after the show started for the scalpers to start dropping their prices. That didn't happen either.

That's the last fucking time I try that! Next time I'm just not going to think twice & buy tickets from Ticketmaster upon my first impulse! There will be time to rationalize later!

Posted by Anonymous | May 13, 2008 11:09 PM

anonymous 6.33

you are the bigger idiot for reading the comments on a Kanye West post and replying. Dumbass!!!

Posted by Anonymous | May 14, 2008 12:11 AM

nerd were pretty sick though.

Posted by Anonymous | May 14, 2008 12:50 AM

"I even went to MSG & waited until after the show started for the scalpers to start dropping their prices. That didn't happen either.

Posted by Anonymous | May 13, 2008 11:09 PM"

You must be blind like Stevie Wonder then because i just got off the phone with a friend of mine who went with his gf and bought 2 tickets on the floor for 60 bucks total. He got them at 8:30. So either you are lying or seriously blind.

"show was terrible. kanye sounded off all night and just didn't fill the place like a superstar would.

nerd were pretty sick though.

Posted by Anonymous | May 14, 2008 12:50 AM"

You got what you deserve for going to that show.

Posted by Anonymous | May 14, 2008 1:09 AM

Wow. This is the second time in a week I've been called a liar on Brooklynvegan b/c some other poster's friend told him otherwise.

I was there. I am not blind (not that these cheap tickets were in clear sight or anything). I stayed until 9pm. No one I talked to was willing to go down below face. So I just left. Good for your friends. Yes, I'm admittedly a little jealous, but I'll just try seeing him this weekend b/c I happen to be visiting in Philly.

Posted by Anonymous | May 14, 2008 7:49 AM

That show was crazy. So awesome. I'm excited to see him at HOTs Summer Jam. It's gonna be a crazy show. So many big names. Learn your lessons from this show and get them tickets early!!

Posted by Bell | May 14, 2008 12:28 PM

dude i thought the concert was sick and i payed less than face value for the tickets

Posted by jack | August 8, 2008 12:39 PM