Posted in music | pictures on May 9, 2008

photos by Bao Nguyen

El Perro Del Mar

joined on stage by Lykke Li

Bao told me that...

Lykke Li's affectuous pop paired with her bouncing dance moves were the highlight of the evening. El Perro Del Mar ended the Swedish Invasion night with an inspired, yet less energizing set. It wasn't until Lykke Li came back to join her for a couple of songs that the energy came back to fill the room.
Anna Ternheim played first of three at this Swedish ladies show (@ Bowery Ballroom) that is part of a Swedish ladies tour. More pictures from last night (May 8, 2008) below....

Lykke Li...

El Perro Del Mar...

Sweden

The show was amazing..especially Lykke Li...Annie Clark (St. Vincent) and Zach Condon (Beirut) were in the audience.

Posted by Anonymous | May 9, 2008 2:35 PM

Great show. Agreed about the energy of Lykke Li. She's captivating.

Posted by Anonymous | May 9, 2008 3:00 PM

I agree that Lykke Li was clearly the star at last night's show.

Lykke Li setlist:

Dance. Dance. Dance
Let It Fall
My Love (with El Perro Del Mar)
Little Bit
Window Blues
Breaking It Up
Tonight
I'm Good. I'm Gone

El Perro Del Mar setlist:

Party
Dog
How Did We Forget?
Glory To The World
I Can't Talk About It
Do Not Despair
Somebody's Baby
Inner Island (with Lykke Li)
You Can't Steal A Gift (with Lykke Li)
God Knows (You Gotta Give To Get)
Shake It Off
Someday I´ll Understand (Love Will Be My Mirror)
At Last I Am Free (Chic)

Encore:
After Laughter (Comes Tears) (Wendy Rene) (with Lykke Li)

Posted by sextonseven | May 9, 2008 3:06 PM

I don't know. I saw her once at Mercury Lounge and she was kind of annoying (I am actually not a fan of her moves). I wasn't there last night anyway but in my house I'd play El Perro del Mar's music any day rather than Lykke Li's.

Posted by Eduardo | May 9, 2008 3:30 PM

el perro del mar is a total bore...lykke li is full of life.

Posted by p | May 9, 2008 3:54 PM

why was she using a bull-horn? was there an emergency? a fire? omg, i hope everyone is ok!

i like chocolate bunnies

Posted by Anonymous | May 9, 2008 3:59 PM

@eduardo: lykke li's dancing has changed a lot since she performed with the shout out louds @ the music hall of williamsburg in the fall. it's less no-one-is-watching bedroom dancing and more stylized. she and perro were both captivating for entirely different reasons.

Posted by drunkenbeastie | May 9, 2008 5:50 PM

i was right there next to whomever took these pics... i cut out after LL, because i wasn't jazzed to see EPDM.. i really wish i'd caught after laughter, though.

great show though, really.

Posted by DR | May 10, 2008 9:22 PM

Posted by bob | May 11, 2008 12:25 AM

You sure you're talking about the photographer who took THESE photos, bob? Was there only one photographer there?

Posted by skeptic | May 11, 2008 12:34 AM

I didn't use flash whatsoever that evening. There were a lot of other photographers that night so you are probably referring to someone else.

Posted by Bao | May 13, 2008 2:35 PM

"The guy who took these photos was an a-hole. He pushed people out of his way and continued to take photos with a blinding flash after being told that he was distracting the singers. This guy needs to learn some manners and this website should be ashamed for using his photos."

You should be ashamed for accusing the wrong people of things they didn't do.

Posted by brooklynvegan | May 13, 2008 2:44 PM

Hi. This information proved to be very useful. Can you please provide more aspects of this subject? Thanks.

Posted by soonizer | January 26, 2010 4:55 AM