Posted in dance | music | pictures on May 19, 2008

photos by Ryan Muir

MSTRKRFT

Alex English, James Murphy, LA Riots, Does It Offend You Yeah? and even Grandmaster Flash deejayed the party at Webster Hall on Friday night (May 16, 2008), but people didn't start going completely nuts until MSTRKRFT took the stage. More pictures below....

MSTRKRFT

More pictures from the show HERE.

Whose the girl?

Posted by Anonymouse | May 19, 2008 6:01 PM

holy cow a lady. i would hit that.

Posted by Anonymous | May 19, 2008 6:03 PM

GBH has to be the worst promoters in the city. Sketchy on so many levels. I will never go to one of their events again

Posted by mes | May 19, 2008 6:11 PM

i wish i was girl, then i could shake my vag and all the attention would be on me...ME!ME!ME!

Posted by Anonymous | May 19, 2008 6:13 PM

Ridiculous. China gets hit with an earthquake and millions of good innocent people get killed but we could not get some kind of disaster at Webster on Fri Night to get rid of all these losers. The world is an unfair place

Posted by Anonymous | May 19, 2008 6:43 PM

^^^tacky. Relax!

Posted by Anonymous | May 19, 2008 7:39 PM

i love the girls who just want to get there picture taken

Posted by Anonymous | May 19, 2008 8:01 PM

i had a blast at that show, but gbh royally f*cked me over on my bday. holy f*ck show advertised as free w/rsvp turned into $20 at the door. absolute bs. i had to relocate several friends at the drop of a hat. eff you, gbh, eff you.

Posted by Anonymous | May 19, 2008 8:03 PM

"i had to relocate several friends at the drop of a hat."

What, did GBH burn down their apartment buildings?

Posted by Anonymous | May 19, 2008 8:35 PM

It was not advertised as free you stupid fuck.

Posted by Anonymous | May 19, 2008 10:34 PM

were people peeing in the corner of the club tho?

Posted by Anonymous | May 19, 2008 11:45 PM

Can DFA 1979 PLEASE get back together asap?

Posted by Jesus H. Christ | May 20, 2008 1:14 AM

w00t w00t it's a hipster rave... rave on williamsburgh!

Posted by Anonymous | May 20, 2008 8:02 AM

@10:34

Learn to read you stupid fuck. Anon said the Holy Fuck show. Not exactly relevant to this posting, but then again, neither are you.

Posted by Anonymous | May 20, 2008 8:35 AM

Sometimes I wish I was a pretty girl
So I could (oop) myself in the shower

Posted by Anonymous | May 20, 2008 9:37 AM

@ 8:35

You need to learn how to read.

10:34 is right on.

The post lacked punctuation and should have read:

Holy F***, show was advertised free w/ rsvp.

*8:03 needs to learn how to punctuate, and you need to relax.

Posted by Anonymous | May 20, 2008 9:49 AM

Who's the girl in the second photo? Was she in one of the bands or just an audience member? I need to figure out how cringeworthy this is.

Posted by Anonymouse | May 20, 2008 11:18 AM

"Was she in one of the bands or just an audience member?"

neither. She was dancing on the speakers and making herself part of the show.

Posted by Anonymous | May 20, 2008 11:41 AM

is she wearing any underwear??

Posted by Anonymous | May 20, 2008 12:07 PM

Yes, I want to know about her underwear. POSTHASTE.

Posted by Anonymous | May 20, 2008 12:19 PM

i want to punch some of those people in the eye.

Posted by god below | May 20, 2008 12:26 PM

friend told me there as a big bush under there

Posted by Anonymous | May 20, 2008 12:48 PM

I actually talked my way into guestlist, free passes, and dressing room access for me and my buddy. I was hammered so I don't remember all the details but it was a HUUUUUUUUGE night. The stage was filled with hot girls until the crowd rushed it somewhere around 3. Then security cleared the stage and most ppl left.

Posted by J | May 21, 2008 3:38 PM

Sorry to be rude, but most you of you commentors are terrible desperate people that depress me to no end every time I check these goddamn comments. Blah Blah is the worst venue in new york...so and so is the worst promoter on the eastern seaboard...neh neh neh is the most overrated band on the planet, X quasi popular music is the worst thing in the ENTIRE KNOWN UNIVERSE, every crowd at every show is terible, dancing girls are awful, music sucks, life sucks, your blog sucks, the internet sucks...have you ever stopped to think that maybe YOU SUCK? You obviously do, or you wouldn't have so much unpleasantness to share all the time. Unfunny unpleasantness...a Chinese earthquake joke about the GBH show? Seriously? It's fucking hilarious when poor people die, and definitely not as bad as your quality of going out experience on a friday night, hahahaha. Whew.

As long as I'm going on and on here, you know what sucks? Constant complaining about your overly entitled lifestyle. Suck it up, stop complaining about everything. You hate all the promoters? Start fucking promoting. You all talk enough shit about them all being idiots, you want to tell me you are sub-idiots? Shit, I already knew that. You hate all music and DJs? Guess what you can do? Post some of your ammmaaaaazing music for us all to enviserate and question your financial status and sexual orientation. Actually, maybe not.

Really sorry to be so heavy handed, but this shit rubbed me wrong today for some reason, probably because I go to this site as a music lover looking for news and songs, pictures, you know the stuff I assumed you're supposed to go this site for. Forgive me for confusing my brooklyn vegan bookmark with www.unpleasantcomplainingmotherfuckers.com

Anyway, love the site as I have for years, most of you are obviously awesome. But to that stupid, virulent strain of unpleaasnt mostly anonymous assholes, you should honestly just enlist in our ongoing mess in Iraq and not subject the rest of us to your "thoughts" or "wit" anymore.

Posted by hiconcept | May 21, 2008 5:04 PM

I'm with hiconcept all the fuckin' way!

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2008 5:19 PM

sorry hiconcept, but your post was the most unpleasant, obnoxious one I've read all day

ripping on blog commenters? who's the idiot here?

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2008 5:20 PM

I'm with hiconcept

Posted by Anonymous | May 22, 2008 5:36 AM

ryan your photos are awesome.

Posted by Anonymous | June 2, 2008 3:46 PM

I surfed all the web till found the best Megaupload searcher. Films, picts, mp3’s, videos and lots more at http://megauploadfiles.com/

Posted by twins | February 7, 2009 7:28 AM

It was not advertised as free you stupid fuck.

Posted by شات شباب الاردن | August 3, 2010 7:26 AM