Posted in music | video on May 7, 2008

SJThat Tom Waits show was removed from Ticketmaster. Scarlett Johansson's first music video is below...

why the hell would they remove it?

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2008 3:03 PM

Even worse than I assumed it would be when I was dismissing it out of hand without hearing it.

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2008 3:20 PM

"...premiering it live on MTV2..."

it's going to be called Blunder Showzen.

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2008 3:55 PM

>I heard this is the first in a series of similar projects, that Keira Nightly has recorded "The Late Great Townes Van Zandt" in its entirety and premiering it live on MTV2 in July. Isn't it super?

for. fuck's. sake. please be joking...

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2008 4:02 PM

Lindsay Lohan's Van Dyke Parks tribute album is due soon. SMILE LiLo

Posted by anonymous | May 7, 2008 4:10 PM

"Dance Me to the End of Duff—Hilary Sings Leonard"

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2008 4:16 PM

This has been up for dayyyys

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2008 4:37 PM

lots of closeups of her face, while she stares, looking bored and disenchanted- that got her plenty of praise for Lost in Translation, so she thought she'd do it again apparently.
I personally don't enjoy staring at closeups of her face. what a weirdo

Posted by butthole | May 7, 2008 5:12 PM

so uninspiring! the song is terrible and the video is worthless.

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2008 5:20 PM

Sounds just like TVOTR. In other words, boring.

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2008 5:28 PM

I kinda like it, I like the part where Bowie starts singing in back up vocals and we see Rushdie. I saw Rushdie last week in Ottawa, peculiar guy. If I saw Johansson on the street I`d smile at her, she probably prettier than of the little scrawny kids that post on here and just hate all the time. I`ve seen just about any concert show since 1975 and have gazillion albums and still consume today music like I did. The best to keep at it is to not be a hater, especiallay a hispter hater. Anyone of my four kids would fucking own most of your petty comments that on constantly read on here.

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2008 7:49 PM

^^^Shut the fuck up.

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2008 8:34 PM

Nursing homes have internet access for residents now?

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2008 9:30 PM

BSS Presents Anonymous 7:49 Rambling On for What Feels Like Days

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2008 10:09 PM

the video's actually pretty good even though the music sucks. whoever wrote that the the video sucks knows nothing about cinematography. this board's pathetic

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2008 10:17 PM

you guys are too critical. do you not like it just because shes a popular actress? i thought it was good and you guys need to relax.

Posted by ryan | May 7, 2008 11:33 PM

it's not horrible. but it's not that good. It's just kinda, meh. I certainly wouldn't be defending it. the video is even less exciting than the song. I mean is this really even a music video? it just looks like they followed her around for a day and threw the song on top.

She's kind of running out of excuses for being extremely dull.

Posted by Anonymous | May 8, 2008 1:08 AM

is that salman rushdie towards the end of the video?

Posted by Anonymous | May 8, 2008 10:56 AM

no that`s not salman rushdie you blind fucking yankee moron. And no that wasn't Bowie in the background, oh wait maybe Bowie needs to be ina pension home too... what a joke this site... fucking underage beer guzzling retards with skinny jeans have taken over...

Posted by Anonymous | May 8, 2008 5:03 PM

yes it is salman rushdie. i saw him speak at my college campus about a month ago.
i just wanted to note how i find it absurd that noone yet has mentioned how strange it is that salman rushdie is in scarlett johansson's music video!
and i have to say, i wanted so badly to like this cd and this video...dave sitek and tom waits and my biggest girl crush (and now salman rushdie)...how could anyone complain? but i have to say honestly that this is just an embarassing song and a very embarassing music video.

Posted by sb | May 8, 2008 5:43 PM

you people are pathetic. as far as covers go, give her credit for not just ripping it off. and since when i s tv on the radio boring and lame?

i knew i hated vegans. and not just because my sister is one.

Posted by dookie | May 8, 2008 6:13 PM