tonight in NYC & NJ
* The Heavy @ Union Pool
* Los Campesinos! @ Maxwell's
* Jim White @ Knitting Factory
* Negative Approach @ Southpaw
* Lupe Fiasco is playing SOB's
* CB6 Community Meeting @ Borough Hall
* Bonde do Role, The Death Set & Holy Hail
* Dave Hill & Demetri Martin & others @ Rififi
* Loudon wainwright III @ The Bayou in Mt Vernon
* Emmylou Harris @ The Museum of Natural History
* Cut Copy, Mobius Band, and T & T @ Bowery Ballroom
* Joan As Policewoman & Alberta Cross @ Mercury Lounge
* Nicole Atkins & The Sea for Medical Marijuana @ Highline Ballroom
Nicole Atkins is also playing the Delancey.
Kanye West played MSG last night. According to BlackBook, he (or someone else named "Kanye") also played played 1Oak. And according to a flyer someone just forwarded me, he's also playing a fancy G-Shock party at Guastavino's tonight at 9pm (which I guess lessens the chances that he'll make an appearance at Lupe's SOB's show again).
As last-minute-posted yesterday, the downstairs part of the new club Santos' Party House is now open for dancing and drinking and hanging out and whatever else you feel like doing there. I stopped by last night to check it out. The cover charge was $5.00. Part-owner Andrew WK and two other deejays were in the booth and the sound was really loud and good. I didn't drink, so I don't know how that part is. It (the downstairs part) is not huge - kind of like the downstairs at Tribeca Grand and I bet it will be packed and hard to get into when there is something good. They have signs saying 'no photography', but I couldn't resist taking at least one picture (see above).