Posted in metal | music | pictures | video on June 16, 2008

Iron Maiden kicking a ball after blowing the speakers
Iron Maiden @ MSG

The sound suddenly and unexpectedly went off during Iron Maiden's set at their sold out show in NYC last night (June 15, 2008). One second there was really loud heavy metal blasting out to 20,000 headbanging fans at Madison Square Garden. The next second it got really quiet from the stage and then stayed that way for about 10 minutes. With music out of the question and technicians scrambling around the stage, the band entertained us by showing off their (and their mummy's) skills at football (they're from the UK)....

After that things went back to normal and Iron Maiden finished up their two hour set of 80's hits (relatively speaking).

Iron Maiden @ MSG

Whatevs. Rod Stewart's been doin' that for years.

Posted by Count Raffulon | June 16, 2008 10:10 AM

I caught Maiden's show in Chicago last week. Fucking INCREDIBLE. If anyone even slightly considers themselves a metal fan, they'll be sure to catch this.

Posted by Wayne | June 16, 2008 10:21 AM

It was fantastic. Only downer was that they didn't get to finish 'POwerslave'. Old people can rock.

Posted by Anonymous | June 16, 2008 10:24 AM

i was hoping they'd play powerslave over again from the beginning but alas. the show was fucking awesome regardless...

Posted by tareq | June 16, 2008 10:59 AM

That show was too intense! "Run To the Hills" was one of the most mind blowing songs i have ever seen performed live! I too wish that they had finished "Powerslave," but it would have been hard to come back in and finish the last chorus. But, losing power DURING "Powerslave"....that's pretty sick! And how about the merch booths....at least 20 different shirts, including one made specifically for the show, with Eddie dressed up as Lady Liberty! Soo bad ass!

Posted by ancientmariner | June 16, 2008 11:06 AM

damn....wished so bad to be there.

Posted by Anonymous | June 16, 2008 11:20 AM

Runnnn tooo theee pitch
Runnnn foriyorrrr lifeeee

Posted by Anonymous | June 16, 2008 11:48 AM

Didn't make the show, although I did have the pleasure of riding the LIRR into Penn Station with a packed car full of IM fans...and that was an experience I'll never forgot.

Posted by Drugs Delaney | June 16, 2008 12:01 PM

Re: Wayne | June 16, 2008 10:21 AM

Right on the money. I count myself a metal fan but never got into Iron Maiden more than Hallowed Be Thy Name. I saw pics of their last show at the IZOD Center via BV and knew this was a show I had to catch. Conclusion: best arena rock show I've ever seen. The crowd was alive.

Posted by Carl | June 16, 2008 12:02 PM

show was a blast- liked Bruce's "Ashlee Simpson SNL jig" after the power first went out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBnxDclM-ic

Posted by Anonymous | June 16, 2008 12:11 PM

Killers is their best album I think. Bruce is a bit of a clown.

Posted by Anonymous | June 16, 2008 12:17 PM

Wow that show was freaking great. I'm surprised I didn't lose my voice, screaming along to "Fear of the Dark"

Posted by Beeeeve | June 16, 2008 12:51 PM

I saw James Iha walking with Nick Zinner at this show.

Posted by Anonymous | June 16, 2008 1:30 PM

Metal is Back!!!!! Maiden was awsome!! i want to see them again!!

Posted by jonnyrotten | June 16, 2008 2:04 PM

MEtal never went anywhere. You posers turned your back. Now that you're into metal... I guess i'll have to stop going to metal shows. DAMN...

Posted by Anonymous | June 16, 2008 2:11 PM

I meant it's good to see the sold out shows for these guys you stupid faggot. I have been hardcore metal for over 25years. you were probably still cockfeeding. figures you'd be Anonymous. you probably think metal is linkin park you bitch. the only thing i turn my back on is negative pieces of phony trash like you.

Posted by jonnyrotten | June 16, 2008 2:22 PM

Great show last night!!! Good sound, great stage and great performance as always. 27 years ago when I saw Maiden at the Garden open for Priest I never thought I'd still be rocking out to them live all those years later! The Merch was fantastic grabbed myself a few sweet tour shirts! Kinda surprised they didn't play Flight of Icarus, but Moonchild was badass! Five star show for sure!

Posted by Joe Quinn | June 16, 2008 2:41 PM

The show was fucking amazing, they kicked major ass at MSG. They are playing better than ever and the soccer on stage was so funny.
UP THE IRONS!!!!

Posted by AngelMaiden | June 16, 2008 7:15 PM

Then shoulda fucking ripped off some nerd's head and playd with that! like the olden days after a good war!

Posted by butternut squash | June 17, 2008 8:40 PM