Posted in hiphop | music | pictures on June 25, 2008

"Kanye Sux" - Bonnaroo 2008 (cred)
F Kanye West

The Grammy winner walked onto the festival stage nearly two hours past his scheduled 2:45 a.m. performance time Sunday morning and was greated by bleary-eyed fans' chorus of boos and chants of "Kanye sucks." [E Online]
"Kanye Hates Hippies" - Bonnaroo 2008 (cred)
F Kanye West
Ken Weinstein, a spokesman for the annual festival held on a 700-acre site south of Nashville, said the delay was simply a matter of unloading the Pearl Jam stage (the band went an hour past its scheduled end time, playing until about 1:15 a.m.) and loading the West stage. [AP]
"Fuck Kanye" - Bonnaroo 2008 (cred)
F Kanye West

People were mad about the set time. Now Kanye West has reacted to the controversy with an angry blog posting. More pictures, and his ENTIRE ANGRY MESSAGE, BELOW....

Bonnaroo 2008 (cred)
F Kanye West

I am sick of negative people who just sit around trying 2 plot my downfall... Why???? I understand if people don't like me because I like me or if people think tight clothes look gay or people say I run my mouth to much, But this Bonnaroo thing is the worst insult I've ever had in my life. This is the most offended I've ever been... this is the maddest I ever will be. I'm typing so fucking hard I might break my fucking Mac book Air!!!!!!!! Call me any name you want.... arrogant, conceited, narcissistic, racist, metro, fag whatever you can think of.... BUT NEVER SAY I DIDN'T GIVE MY ALL! NEVER SAY I DIDN'T GIVE MY ALL! THIS SHOWS NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY TO BE GOOD AT SOMETHING THERE WILL BE PEOPLE THERE TO LIE ABOUT YOU AND BRING YOU DOWN! LIKE WAYNE SAYS PLEASE DON'T SHOOT ME DOWN CAUSE I'M FLYING! I'M FUCKING HURT BY THIS ONE. ALL I CARE ABOUT ARE THE FANS. JUST SAY THIS OUT LOUD IN A ROOM FULL OF PEOPLE, "KANYE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT GIVING A GOOD PERFORMANCE." CAN ANYONE HONESTLY SAY THAT ????????? HAS ANYONE EVEN TAKEN THE TIME TO AT LEAST DO THE MATH??? BONNAROO SHOULD HAVE RELEASED A STATEMENT IN MY DEFENSE BUT SINCE THEY HAVEN'T LET'S BREAK DOWN THE WALLS ON THIS TRUMAN SHOW AND LET YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY OCCURRED!!! FOR OVER A MONTH WE WENT BACK AND FORTH ON WETHER OR NOT WE COULD EVEN FIT MY STAGE AT THE FESTIVAL. ONE DAY THEY WOULD SAY YES... WE'D SEND THEM OUR SPECS THEN THEY THEY'D SAY OK... THEN THEY WOULD SEND SPECS BACK THAT DIDN'T FIT THE STAGE. WE WERE OBVIOUSLY DEALING WITH FUCKING IDIOTS WHO DIDN'T REALLY HAVE THE CAPACITY TO REALLY PUT ON THIS SHOW PROPERLY. THEY TRIED 2 GIVE ME A TIME SLOT WERE IT WAS STILL LIGHT OUTSIDE ... I HAVE A FUCKING LIGHT SHOW DUMB ASS, IT'S NOT CALLED GLOW IN THE DARK FOR NO REASON SQUID BRAINS! MY PEOPLE WORKED OUT A COMPROMISED STAGE PLOT AND A 3AM TIME SLOT AND I AGREED. FAST FOWARD TO THE DAY OF THE SHOW. MY PRODUCTION MANAGER TRIED TO LOAD IN FOR 24 HOURS BEFORE I WENT ON STAGE BUT THE FESTIVAL WOULDN'T ALLOW US TO DO ANYTHING UNTILL PEARL JAM LEFT THE STAGE. PEARL JAM ENDED ONE HOUR
LATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AT THAT POINT WE'RE RACING AGAINST THE SUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AT 4:20AM DON COMES BACK 2 THE BUS AND TELLS ME, " IT WOULD TAKE 45 MORE MINUTES TO PUT ALL YOUR PYRO IN!" I SAY I HAVE TO GET OUT THERE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE . I HIT THE STAGE AND PEOPLE HAD BEEN THROWING SHIT ON THE STAGE AND HAD ACTUALLY HIT THE JANE SCREEN WITH, I GUESS BOTTLES OR SOMETHING AND HAD BROKEN MY FUCKING SCREEN. REMEMBER WHEN YOU WERE A SHORTY AND WATER WOULD HIT THE TV?????? WHEN I GOT 2 "THROUGH THE WIRE" I STEPPED ON THE FRONT PART OF MY STAGE AND THERE WAS SO MUCH LIQUID ON THE STAGE I COULDN'T MOVE WITHOUT SLIPPING. I HAD TO ADJUST MY WHOLE PERFORMANCE STYLE BECAUSE OF IT. A FEW MORE SONGS IN AND THE SONG WAS ON IT'S WAY UP.. I CUT A FEW SONGS FROM THE SET BECAUSE I WANTED PEOPLE 2 EXPERIENCE STRONGER WHILE THERE WAS STILL SOME DARKNESS TO PERFORM IT IN. I'VE STRUGGLED WITH STRONGER FROM IT'S CONCEPTION. REMEMBER LAST SUMMER WHEN I CANCELED SOME TV APPEARANCES. IT WAS BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT TO PERFORM STRONGER IN THE DAYTIME. ANYONE WHO CAME TO THE GLOW TOUR CAN UNDERSTAND WHY I WANTED PEOPLE TO SEE IT PROPERLY. IT BROKE MY HEART THAT I COULDN'T GIVE THESE FANS STRONGER IN IT'S GREATEST FORM... BY THE TIME I GOT TO STRONGER IT WAS DAYTIME AND IT BROKE MY HEART. I'M SORRY TO EVERYONE THAT I DIDN'T HAVE THE ABILITY 2 GIVE THE PERFORMANCE I WANTED TO. I'M SORRY... SOMETIMES I GO 2, 3 DAYS W/O SLEEP WORKING ON MY PERFORMANCE... I HAVE TO ICE MY KNEES AFTER EVERY SHOW AND THEY HURT WHEN I WALK THROUGH THE AIRPORT... HAVING AN EXPENSIVE STAGE CUTS MY PAYDAY IN HALF... CALL ME WHAT YOU WANT BUT NEVER SAY I DIDN'T GIVE MY ALL!!! [Kanye West]
Bonnaroo 2008 (cred)
F Kanye West

Bonnaroo 2008 (cred)
F Kanye West

(thx Puja)

I don't even know what happened... He... um... sucked at Bonnaroo? Someone tell me...

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 1:55 PM

Me and Kayne down by the school yard.

Posted by Son of Sniglet | June 25, 2008 1:56 PM

who cares

Posted by olololololol | June 25, 2008 1:58 PM

I guess he won't be invited back...

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 1:59 PM

look, i understand that it sucks that he didn't have enough time for set-up but what was he thinking? He should be angry at his production for not realizing that a legendary band would go past their set time at bonnaroo. Too bad, Kanye. I stayed for 3 songs and they weren't magical - maybe it was because the sun was peaking.

Posted by pm | June 25, 2008 1:59 PM

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hahahahahahahahahahaa HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAH HAHA HA HA

Posted by broski | June 25, 2008 1:59 PM

This guy has really gone off the fucking deep end. Are you kidding me with this rant. Your knees hurt? From what you shithead prancing around a stage for 2 hours?????? Oh im so sorry for you.
He is everything he says he is in that rant and i dont think he gives his all in a performance
Dude get over it, your stage show is nothing that great. The stronger performance is nothing that special. Artists have been using lights and video and pyro long before you ever came around.
Your a fucking rap artist who is putting all that shit behind you on stage to compensate for being nothing more than a dude yelling into a mic over beats. Jesus Christ.

Posted by A Manhattan Not Brooklyn Asshole | June 25, 2008 2:00 PM

In fairness to Kanye, I hate hippies, too.

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 2:03 PM

"HAVING AN EXPENSIVE STAGE CUTS MY PAYDAY IN HALF."

Poor Kanye!

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 2:03 PM

I'm typing so fucking hard I might break my fucking Mac book Air!!!!!!!!

LOL.

Posted by butternuts | June 25, 2008 2:07 PM

on the 5th fay there was something that NONE OF US (even Kanye Wests) could haveeverhaveexpected.

It was the Taco Times. hahahahhahaha .

23 Days till Taco Time Party

also not those people aren't real HIPPEE
---------------------------------------
sent from my blaxberry

Posted by Taco Time For Mom & Dad | June 25, 2008 2:07 PM

Pearl Jam is "legendary?!" (Classic BV hyperbole!)

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 2:07 PM

PJ is fucking saaaweet, not quite legendary though. MSG rocked last night and will be rocking again tonight.

Posted by Rhinoceros Penis | June 25, 2008 2:14 PM

Kanye Sucks.

Posted by Jeremy J | June 25, 2008 2:15 PM

did he really have to tell us he's got a mac book air?

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 2:19 PM

I wonder if he got paid for the Mac Book Air plug? I'm sensing a new ad campaign: "Mac Book Air - strong enough to survive Kanye's angry blogging!"

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 2:19 PM

Ted Leo > Pearl Jam. And before someone says it, I am not 18. I bought the first PJ album when it came out, on cassette tape no less, junior.

Posted by Chubby-Checker | June 25, 2008 2:20 PM

AHHHHHHHH!!! ANYONE WHO WENT TO BONNAROO IS AN ENORMOUS HOMO!!!

Posted by BLING BLING | June 25, 2008 2:22 PM

"Squid Brains!"

Posted by jim | June 25, 2008 2:23 PM

kanye is acting like a little bitch. made us wait for a mediocre show. sad to say, but for someone who was billed after pearl jam and metallica, he is NOT allowed to act like this.

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 2:23 PM

bwahahha

I know why those knees are sore!! lmao

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 2:24 PM

both ted leo and pearl jam are awesome. no need to compare. this was some commenter on stereogum who apparently worked the show:

Your not the first person I've heard say that, so I kinda feel the need to jump in and correct this. I've worked two shows of Kanye's now. I worked the one in Atlanta and the one for Bonnaroo, his two most hated shows yet. I'll give you a break down by show...
His whole tour: That "glow in the dark setup" NEVER glowed in the dark. He was not only too cheap to get crew shirts made for the local crews, but his touring crew didn't get tour shirts either. Instead, he made a couple dozen for his friends to wear as all access passes. Most shows assign locals to different production departments to work at loading in and out. they keep track by colored shirts or paper wristbands. He was too cheap to allow paper wristbands. He also opted for the cheapest catering service in each city for his crews... All this among other things
Atlanta: Came on late as always. Bonnaroo wasn't the first time. It's practically an every show thing with him because he's always backstage complaining about something. Hit his show off talking about how the media and everyone portrays him to be arrogant and all high and mighty and crap, blah blah... "Fuck you all. I am. Deal with it"... Ends his show off by posting a picture of Hillary Clinton on his video screan and talking about how America doesn't need another white bitch in office, more blah blah. Puts up a picture of Obama and goes on and on about needing a black man in office, it's past due, etc... Nothing political in his spiel, just race... On top of all that, his show just sucked
Bonnaroo: He was actually slotted for second stage. If you know anyone that went to the festival and came back with a schedule, look at it. They never had time to reprint. He bitched about not being second stage material and demanded to be on mainstage. Had nothing to do with his NON glowing setup. For comparisson on the next point: Metallica showed up with about three of their 17 tour trucks loaded in right before their show and right back out when they were done. Kanye brought in all but two of his 20ish trucks. His one lift that he couldn't do without was so heavy that mainstage (that huge STEEL stage) had to be reenforced to hold it. The stage itself had to be extended and modified to set his stuff up early and be able to move it around. By the time his show day came around, we had been already setting his show up for more that four days. Bear in mind, that whole time his shit was on stage taking up space for other bands to potentially use. Next, when it came time for Pearl Jam to come off, his stuff still wasn't ready to go onstage. Phill Lesh cut early because he was tired of hearing Kanye bitch that he refused to play while other people were onstage. With the festival then dead of music, Pearl Jam kept playing per those of us backstage. No racism involved in that choice. Blame us, the crew, if you really still give a shit. When Kanye's stuff was ready to go onstage, he then sat on his bus insisting that he be allowed his entire lighting rig (remember the couple trucks he didn't bring). He wanted to postpone the show to take down the Bonnaroo lighting and bring all the rest of his own in to replace it (a few hour process). Another crew friend of mine made the call that the roof wouldn't support the weight of his rig just to shut him up. SHOW FUCKING SUCKED... It was the smallest mainstage crowd in Bonnaroo history... If he ever wants to go on tour again, he's not going to find people to set it up. Everyone that's ever worked with him is done with his crap.

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 2:24 PM

man, kanye got a raw deal on this one. that's really unfair.

Posted by MonsoonSeason | June 25, 2008 2:27 PM

How does Pearl Jam go one hour over? That's fucking outrageous and unprofessional, especially since they knew they had another act going on after them. Bonnaroo should have pulled the plug on them.

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 2:30 PM

Kayne sucks and I've never even heard of this Banaroo festival all the kiddies have been enjoying.

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 2:31 PM

Remember "2 turntables and microphone?"

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 2:31 PM

i was laughing out loud like a fool reading his angry message.

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 2:32 PM

Kanye types like a 13-year-old girl on her period.

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 2:32 PM

who's the red head w/ the '75 Stones t-shirt?

HOLLA

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 2:33 PM

^^^^
i'm sure this guy is right and kayne sucks no doubt, but t-shirts? we're talking about tshirts?

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 2:37 PM

I thought he sucked too, but then I read he had a Mac Book Air, and now I think he's dreamy.

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 2:37 PM

t shit comment meant referred to the long stage guy rant, not the rolling stones thing. that's an important t shirt question.

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 2:38 PM

If Kanye wasn't so insistent on having to play at the main stage, this might not have been an issue....as it is they had to juggle around about 3-4 set times to accommodate him. I don't think stage setups are any big deal...they didnt have any trouble with the Flaming Lips the year before.

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 2:40 PM

Kanye west is a dick sucking piece of shit

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 2:40 PM

i've got a boner from all this kanye hating going on. i love it. finally, that man is exposed for the fraud and pissy little brat that he is. sucker mc is right. suck this kanye.

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 2:43 PM

fuck pearl jam

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 2:44 PM

kanye and ryan adams should talk about how effective a ranting blog post is.

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 2:45 PM

kanye west sucked at bonnaroo and all i got was this lousy t-shirt. um, wait, no...i didn't even get one of those. sigh... the only ONLY consolation is that the world is now seeing what a joke that man is. he's a fucking spoiled little brat who deserves all the backlash the music community can pull together. oh, and to whomever wrote this > Kanye types like a 13-year-old girl on her period. < it's pure genius.

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 2:47 PM

if you read the comment that that guy posted on stereogum who apparently worked the show it would indicate that pearl jam was asked to go another hour b/c kanye wasn't ready.

pearl jam has always been known to be like such a "band of the people" do you honestly think they'd knowingly go for an hour longer than their set time.

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 2:48 PM

that guy that posted from stereogum at that part becomes unclear what the fuck was going on, how does Phil Lesh play into this? Also didnt pearl jam go on at 8:30? so that means they played for 4 and a half hours?

hopefuylly someone whos a preal jam fan can clarify what happened.

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 2:52 PM

Kayne sucked since the days of Underoos.

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 2:53 PM

"did he really have to tell us he's got a mac book air?"

yes, yes he did

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 2:56 PM

Frankly I'm sick of him as well. He can take his MTV lovin ass back to the suburban malls and urban ghetto's.

I'm also curious why he gets so many mentions on BV anyway...

Can the next update feature what Diddy did for lunch a-la MTV News????

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 2:59 PM

ohhhh, ryan adams, i mean, kanye, we looooove you. keep it up. keep blogging like the ass you are. it makes my afternoons here at work so much more enjoyable!

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 3:02 PM

Hippies are the worst

Posted by Bernie | June 25, 2008 3:03 PM

Psssh, who cares about Bonnaroo. What I really want to know about is the Taco Time Party! Taco Time, hook me up with the details!

Posted by Beeeeve | June 25, 2008 3:05 PM

All this bullshit is just proof that the Bonnaroo festival is no longer only about the music.

Next year's lineup may as well include the Pussycat Dolls.

Posted by reba | June 25, 2008 3:06 PM

-- PJ went on after jack johnson at 10:30 and played till a little past 1. i'm not even a pj fan, but they put on a great show.

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 3:07 PM

Long Live Pearl Jam

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 3:10 PM

I was there and this is is what i know. Pearl jam went on on time at 10:15pm and played till 12:45am, not 1:15am, like Ken Weinstein said in his official statement. And apparently while the Pearl Jam crew was breaking down the Kanye crew got into a fight with them and slowed down the whole proccess. Kanye had a big LED wall and a landscape setup on stage, it wasnt really that elaborate. I don't know if it should have taken as long as it did. The original scheduled performance was 2:45am to 4:15am. The big screens in front of the main stage continually updated the rowd with the delays. first 3:30am, then 3:45am, he Finally came on at 4:30am and finished his set at 5:25am. He said nothing when he came out, and said nothing at the end, no hi, sorry, or goodbye, or explanation. An overall strange experience. Pearl Jam was awesome, Kanye's show just wasn't very good in terms of a performance, regardless of all the delays and confusion. So thats what I know.

Posted by Birdo | June 25, 2008 3:11 PM

pearl jam has more than enough right to go on for an hour extra. and i am so glad that they did. bonnaroo was amazing and they were one of the reasons.

Posted by sha | June 25, 2008 3:14 PM

...how long could it possibly take to put in a CD and rap over it????.....not too much set-up there.....and Pearl Jam didnt get to play Yellow Ledbetter because of his dumb ass....

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 3:16 PM

ewwwww I bet that girl has fire pits cuz she a dirty hippy and dont shave

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 3:17 PM

Pearl Jam was the headliner on Saturday at Bonnaroo. Their time slot was 10:15-12:15 ( see http://www.bonnaroo.com/schedule/2008/06/14/stages.aspx ). Metallica, the Friday night headliner, was given a 2.5 hour time slow ( see http://www.bonnaroo.com/schedule/2008/06/13/stages.aspx ). I don't know why the Bonnaroo management gave Pearl Jam a shorter timeslot than Metallica when Pearl Jam's normal shows typically last 2.5 - 3 hours...

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 3:19 PM

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 3:21 PM

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA. This. is hilarious.

Kanye Sucks. And I'm selling t-shirts that say so at next year's bonnaroo.

Posted by Sam | June 25, 2008 3:21 PM

Kanye's dumb for trying to bring his Glow in The Dark look to a festival, especially one dominated by rock acts.

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 3:23 PM

Kanye is so full of crap. He is lying about the entire situation to make himself not look arrogant and pissy.

Posted by josh | June 25, 2008 3:42 PM

Hurl Jam.

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 3:43 PM

Kanye's glow in the dark in the sunrise show. What an ass.

Posted by SLC | June 25, 2008 3:47 PM

Boner-oo.

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 3:50 PM

first off......im definately going to call him something. a homophobe.....

second i wish he would quit his whinging

Posted by ro | June 25, 2008 3:52 PM

the look on kanyes face when the sun started coming up during the 3rd song was great

Awww Shit, I Look Like A Tool

... also, no one has commented on his excellent ending. As stronger finished, i guess hes on his little surfboard stage thing that moves. Well as the song ended it rose up so he can give his Free Willy hand high in the air face up pose. well i guess in the perfect glow in the dark world, the lights would be off and pitch black so he can make his move offstage. Well since the sun was shining right down on the stage. the song ended and no joke, he stood there as the platform lowered ( like a 15 second process of watching this stage lower, and kanye keeping his pose) to finally jsut jump off and run off after he got down to the bottom. No thank you noo goobye, no musical ending. just the song ends, stage lower, awkward crowd shot and then his exit... commence booing and kanye sux for the rest of the weekend

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 3:54 PM

sounds like pure comedy to me, 3:54 priceless moment, any vids captured this for posterity?

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 3:57 PM

Two things:

Pearl Phlegm should not have gone over their time---that's a little unprofessional, knowing there's other acts coming afterward.

And Kanye has certainly proved that he's a whining little bitch.

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 3:57 PM

is that redhead with child?

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 4:13 PM

If Woody would have gone to the police, none of this would have ever happened.

Posted by Scotty C | June 25, 2008 4:16 PM

3:54 lol fucking hilarious. sooooo spinal tap.

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 4:18 PM

no, redhead is not with child. only a distended belly from lack of hummus and alfalfa sprouts.

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 4:20 PM

I rather have seen Kanye then more of the same-old,same-old grunge oldies from pearl jam.

Atleast Kanye has hot new songs with an interesting stage presentation.

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 4:24 PM

i was just over at Kanye's blag to see if there were any other intelligent conversations to counter the ones on here—it's even worse over there...the commenters reply like he's a demi-god that can do no wrong. people reporting that they are crying while they read his rant....come on....

and i think all the negatives got blocked out.

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 5:01 PM

do hippies even like hip-hop?
what were they expecting?

if i were kanye, my blog post would read like so:

"hippies aren't my demographic.

p.s. my macbook air is pretty sweet. used my bonaroo money to pay for it."

Posted by if i were kanye | June 25, 2008 5:04 PM

wow Knaye hates hippies?

terrific, hippies are stinky idiots

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 5:07 PM

this is not spinal tap- they would have had a sense of humor about it and expressed their love to the crowd. dont fuck with the patron saint of quality footwear

Posted by broski | June 25, 2008 5:18 PM

pearl jam are an amazing band. best live shows. i'm sure the fans at bonnaroo got the better deal with PJ's extra hour.

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 5:26 PM

kanye's a stinky idiot, too.. smells like bubble gum, piss and french fries.

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 5:37 PM

haha nice shadowing on those letters, buddy.
why does that little kid hate Kanye so much?
and why did his mommy let him have spray paint?

Posted by Adam | June 25, 2008 5:50 PM

Everyone will swear to their own story and we'll never know exactly what really happened. I honestly sympathize with Kanye in this. He cares too much about what everyone thinks of him, and for someone in the spotlight that has to suck (even all of you guys who claim not to care still took the time to comment on this blog entry). I mean look at this rant?! Everyone thinks money makes up for everything and he has nothing to bitch about. He wants to be the best. And he may also be a bit insane.

What can you do?

Posted by Liz | June 25, 2008 5:53 PM

What time would Daft Punk have gone on had they been in Kanye's shoes?

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 6:02 PM

that redhead can be on my '75 Tour Of The Americas anytime.

i bet she smokes Camel filters, too.

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 6:17 PM

hippies are the worst subset of hipsters - they're the most self-righteous, the laziest, the most self-absorbed, they have the most uselessly idealistic politics, and they have the worst taste in music and clothes.

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 6:29 PM

Kanye can eat a bag of dicks.

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 6:43 PM

hipsters and hippies are very different maybe if you got your head out of your ass/dan deacon headphones you would know asswipe. one group made a CONTRIBUTION another sat around talking about who knows the most random ass bands and discovered what first. live life. dipshit.

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 7:05 PM

7:05, you are a dumbass. Clearly, 6:29 used the term 'hipsters' in its overarching meaning, a meaning that spans decades, and the term 'hippies' to designate the modern-day group that takes its inspiration from the original hippies of the '60s.

If you're claiming that these modern-day hippies have made a contribution, you're full of shit.

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 7:33 PM

"LIKE WAYNE SAYS PLEASE DON'T SHOOT ME DOWN CAUSE I'M FLYING"

which wayne is this? bruce? John? little?

"WE WENT BACK AND FORTH ON WETHER OR NOT WE COULD EVEN FIT MY STAGE AT THE FESTIVAL"

or your ego. booyah ( too lazy to see if someone already used that one )

REMEMBER WHEN YOU WERE A SHORTY AND WATER WOULD HIT THE TV??????

no. when was this? oh yes, when i was a shorty. of course, there was always fucking water on the TV. how could i forget.

im typing so happily right now i might break my dell.

Posted by samuel chamion | June 25, 2008 7:46 PM

ey guys kanye sucks lets go lsten to the vivian grls nd dan deacon they r so cool

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 8:38 PM

I'm sorry, but that red-head is hideous and she looks preggers...

Kanye is the man and I can't wait to see him without the shitty hippy bands opening.

"take six, and take this, haters"

Posted by Bernie | June 25, 2008 9:37 PM

Kanye didn't give his all. The fag.

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 9:56 PM

kanye gives great head

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 10:16 PM

I love how the almost director of stage hands goes on to talk about not gettinga tshirt, lets face it, if the guy had a tshirt this mess wouldn't be happening. That`s how cheap most of you have become, slaves to chinese fucking tshirts... HA !

Everyone screwed up and Kanye is the godchild of style but I still rather hear fleet foxes strum a few guitars with dirty hair. I don't mind hippies or even hairy girls in a Chloé kind of way but that red head is butt ugly.

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 10:41 PM

Oh... I was just remembering when I was a shorty. I don't remember the water hitting the TV... guess i'm just a squid brain.

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 10:43 PM

someone please post a video of his spinal tap moment being lowered into the stage.

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 11:02 PM

Kanye West doesn't care about white people.

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2008 11:33 PM

i can't believe i sat here reading all these comments

LOfuckingL

Posted by Anonymous | June 26, 2008 12:24 AM

anonymous ^^^12:24 fucking hysterical

Posted by Anonymous | June 26, 2008 12:53 AM

kanye west beats hippie dipshits any day of the week.

Posted by Anonymous | June 26, 2008 1:16 AM

seriously, sign my name down for the spinal tap-like video petition.

Posted by Anonymous | June 26, 2008 2:43 AM

stop with the spinal tap shit- spinal taps legacy is levels beyond what kanye will ever be

Posted by Anonymous | June 26, 2008 3:22 AM

god hippies suck with there god dam string cheese

Posted by Anonymous | June 26, 2008 6:49 AM

6:49: It's "their". Apparently, this former hippie has better grammar than you.

Secondly, that girl with the Rolling Stones shirt is not a hippie.

Thirdly, real ghetto-lot-rash hippies fucking love hiphop. I fell in love with hiphop on Phish lot. Y'all don't know anything about hippies.

Posted by Anonymous | June 26, 2008 9:47 AM

BEST
THREAD
EVER

on brooklynvegan. seriously. a heartfelt thanks to all who contributed. between remembering when i was a shorty and water always hitting the tv, of course, haven't we all been there? to...kanye eating a nice bag of dicks...this has truly been a masterpiece.

Posted by Anonymous | June 26, 2008 9:52 AM

this guy writes lyrics?

Posted by Anonymous | June 26, 2008 11:38 AM

holy sweet jebus, I can't breathe I'm laughing so hard...I BLAME YOU KANYE!

Posted by Erica | June 26, 2008 12:25 PM

kanye sounds very intelligent in this post.

Posted by friend | June 26, 2008 1:45 PM

fuck all yall hippie haters. kanye has more talent than most of the other bonnaroo acts. shit got fucked up. no reason to be hatin. go smoke some pot hippies.

Posted by Anonymous | June 26, 2008 3:30 PM

as DJ Dary so aptly and gracefully pointed out:
look at his own lyrics!?!?

"YOU SHOULD BE HONORED BY MY LATENESS
THAT I WOULD EVEN SHOW UP TO THIS FAKE SHIT"

-straight from "stronger"

asssssssssssssshole. done and done.

Posted by Anonymous | June 26, 2008 3:58 PM

Read it again but pretend its derek zoolander

Posted by Birdo | June 26, 2008 5:02 PM

you weak ass lil bitch!!!
don't ever play!!!

Posted by music | June 26, 2008 5:32 PM

fuck Kanye and fuck the MTV paid-for bling-bling Bently he rolled in on..

Posted by Anonymous | June 26, 2008 5:53 PM

do hippies even like hip-hop?
what were they expecting?

and-

ffs-all of the douchenozzles who were sitting out in that field waiting for this idiot to go on stage missed some actual hip hop-namely Talib Kweli and Chali2Na who both came on stage on time and brought great shows, not to mention actual, consequential music. as for hippies liking hip hop, bonnaroo has always had hip hop acts in the lineup (since 02).

Posted by Anonymous | June 26, 2008 7:14 PM

that girl be nasty!

Posted by Anonymous | June 26, 2008 7:39 PM

cuz rilly, it all be bout kanye - fo sho!

Posted by Anonymous | June 26, 2008 8:15 PM

For all of the stupid hate and bile spewed here, i take comfort in the fact that while you're talking shit from your crappy one-bedroom apt and eating yet another 99 cent taco for dinner, Mr West is somewhere still counting his money FROM BONNAROO (that's right y'all, he still got PAID) making amazing beats, fucking supermodels and basically living the dream.

Reading the nonsense only reaffirms my undying apathy towards idiotic hipsters/music snobs.

and that 'crew' person who supposedly worked on two Kanye shows: talk about a whiny bitch!

Whatever... go moan into a Magnetic Fields record or some other sad bastard shit like that. I'm out...

Posted by Jordan Catalano | June 26, 2008 8:56 PM

Hippie girls are good for boning, though. they're usually really hardcore in the sack!

Posted by Jake Ryan | June 26, 2008 9:02 PM

"I'm out..."

Good riddance. Don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out.

Posted by Anonymous | June 26, 2008 9:03 PM

catalano?

GREASEBALL!!!

Posted by Anonymous | June 26, 2008 9:53 PM

THATS MY CAR!!!!!!!!! KANYE SUCKS!

Posted by Anonymous | June 26, 2008 10:28 PM

It's Hammer time

Posted by Anonymous | June 26, 2008 11:22 PM

He needs to get therapy, buy a private island and stay there.

Posted by AAT | June 27, 2008 12:32 AM

catalano:

oh shit, kanye is living the dream? well shit, that changes my point of view completely! He could not be a more creative, entertaining artist and all around stand up guy.

please. do you really think anyone gives a fuck that he got paid? That's exactly why he's full of shit. he pulls antics like this when you've paid him your hard earned dough and then has the audacity to cry about it when people are rightfully upset.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2008 1:06 AM

i'm a hippie who likes hip hop. not bullshit mainstream stuff, but more radical shit.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2008 1:41 AM

who cares about kanye or hippies. both are boring. both are piss for brains.

Posted by eric | June 27, 2008 8:29 AM

"go ahead get bape shit"

Posted by Anonymous | June 28, 2008 9:36 PM

i know a great plastic surgeon that can take care of those knees.

Posted by corey | June 29, 2008 12:55 AM

Posted by Jordan Catalano | June 26, 2008 8:56 PM
"Kanye complains about making his show right. You complain that you didn't get free effing t-shirt and that the catering wasn't to your liking?!?!?"

Pardon me, Jordan, but if you could pull your head out of your ass for a second and develop some reading comprehension skills, you would realize the crew guy wasn't whining about not getting a free t-shirt. The point of crew t-shirts, especially at big festivals, is for coordinating and knowing who is working for which artist. Please see the quote below.

"Most shows assign locals to different production departments to work at loading in and out. they keep track by colored shirts or paper wristbands. He was too cheap to allow paper wristbands."

You know, it sort of makes it easier than stopping every two seconds asking which crew a person is with if you can just glance at their t-shirt.

Posted by Anonymous | June 29, 2008 12:08 PM

As someone who also worked Bonnaroo from the production side let me give my two cents worth.

1. The second stage "Which" is not be large enough to accommodate Kanye's set. Kanye had a full band they were located behind a scrim upstage of the "What" Stage performance space.
They started setting that gear before the festival opened. Additional staging was planned for the "Which" stage but it was determined that it would be more effective to use the larger "What" Stage for Kanye. Why this plan occurred after the schedule was set I cannot address-however changes occur at festivals.

2. Bands have contracts that include riders that describe exactly what they require to perform. That is an agreement between the promoter and the band. Therefore (excluding weather and unforeseen incidents) there are two people who determine when an act goes on and the extent of the performance. The artist and the promoter.

Posted by Anonymous | June 30, 2008 11:21 AM

Whoops, posted the comment without proofing should read "is not large enough", sorry for the tense mixing.

Posted by Anonymous | June 30, 2008 11:59 AM

i hate black people..fucking rock stars mofos...

kanye fuck off blacky..

Posted by jose | September 15, 2009 5:56 PM

Kanye SUXSSSSSS

Posted by Anonymous | November 9, 2009 3:59 PM

After his mouthy fiasco on stage with Taylor Swift I have no use for this SOB (not that I ever did). KW is a true idiot and I guess, now, HE is waking up to the "real world."
The "Real world" is full of potential fans or enemies. He made his bed and now he can lie in it!

Posted by Anonymous | February 27, 2010 11:35 PM

Kanye really does suck bad. Great compilation of Kanye Sucks and Fuck Kanye photos! Stayed there and watched is early am performance and couldn't stop laughing for some reason. Kept thinking all he needed was some jet boots to fly around over the huge empty stage which made him look like a raving ant!

Posted by Concert Photos Magazine | May 8, 2011 9:45 AM