Posted in hiphop | music | tour dates on July 23, 2008

by Black Bubblegum

Duck Down Records, Home of BCC (thosalumpagus)
WWBCC

Black MoonIf there was a group that personified the underground NYC back-packer movement of the mid-90s, it was the Boot Camp Clik. Made up of Black Moon (with 5ft, Buckshot & Evil Dee of Da Beatminerz), Smif-N-Wessun (fka Cocoa Brovaz), Heltah Skeltah (featuring Sean Price), and Originoo Gunn Clappaz (let's not count the Representivz), the crew released classic mid-90s records like Operation: Lockdown, Dah ShininEnta Da Stage, and my favorite of 'em all, Dah Shinin'. Following the lead of the GZA (who is also playing Liquid Swords one more time, September 12th - tickets here) Black Moon will perform all of their classic Enta Da Stage and Smif-N-Wessun will perform all of their classic Dah Shinin' with a live band! Tickets are on sale for the September 26th show. It's happening at Knitting Factory in NYC.

No word on an apperance by Shuckie Duckie or Eddie Machete.

Also at the Knitting Factory, AZ celebrates the release of his newest mixtape, N.4.L. with the help of Brand Nubian Sadat X. Tickets are on sale. AZ's new mixtape sounds suspiciously similar to his consigliere in The Firm's (Nas) new album. Nas is hitting the road with Talib Kweli.

Black Moon - "I Gotcha Opin (Remix)"

Smif N Wessun - "Bucktown"

Is 5 ft going to be there? Either way, this show is going to be crazy!

Posted by Anonymous | July 23, 2008 2:34 AM

i agree, the BCC is sorely underrated. Heltah Skeltah and OGC were a couple of my favourite groups in the mid-late 90s. "the m-pire shrikez back" still massively overlooked.

Posted by Anonymous | July 23, 2008 9:24 AM

Beatminerz are some of the illest!

Posted by Anonymous | July 23, 2008 9:30 AM

yo - this is recockulous!!

Posted by slow and dirty | July 23, 2008 9:41 AM

no way in hell shuckie wont be there.

Posted by Anonymous | July 23, 2008 10:16 AM

5ft is often locked up, from what Buck told me a while back...he's kind of a liability, but dope nonetheless.

Evil Dee is on da mix...c'mon kick it!

Posted by Anonymous | July 23, 2008 10:53 AM

I'm quite certain 5 ft will be performing, seems nearly impossible for them to do the whole album
w/o him + he's performed at the Knit earlier this
year. Also, Shuckie is at every BCC show - so I
know he'll be there. Don't sleep, this show will
sell-out. Grab tix now!

Posted by a promoter | July 23, 2008 11:20 AM

I'm also loving the fact that Black Bubblegum appreciates and reports on good, underground hip hop in addition to his (or her) extensive metal coverage!

Posted by blackhat | July 23, 2008 12:37 PM

smif-n-wessun

That's sooooooooooo cute!!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous | July 23, 2008 1:46 PM

^^^
Tell them that to their faces, I'm sure they'll be happy to hear it and thank your punk ass kindly.

Posted by Anonymous | July 23, 2008 2:14 PM

Yes, they ARE a bunch of violent, homophobic savages, arent't they?

and, c'mon... "punk ass"??? Why don't you just call me a "faggot" instead? The words mean the same.

Posted by Anonymous | July 23, 2008 5:50 PM

Loving the wiggers posting comments on this thread like they are in the know. And since when did Black Moon become underground hip hop? I mean its not Kanye but underground. Cmon Now

Posted by A Manhattan Not Brooklyn Asshole | July 23, 2008 7:47 PM

As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
I take a look at my life and realize there's nuttin left
Cause I've been blastin and laughin so long that
Even my mama thinks that my mind is gone
But I ain't never crossed a man that didn't deserve it
Me be treated like a punk, you know that's unheard of
You better watch how you talkin, and where you walkin
Or you and your homies might be lined in chalk
I really hate to trip, but I gotta loc
As they croak I see myself in the pistol smoke, fool
I'm the kinda G the little homies wanna be like
On my knees in the night
Sayin prayers in the street light

oooo damn, whata ya'll know about hip-hop? nothin.

Posted by freddie mercury | July 23, 2008 8:08 PM

Evil D, the DJ of Black Moon is primarily a House dj. Indie rock elitists are often rascist.

Posted by MightyCrown | July 23, 2008 9:47 PM

First saw the video for How Many Emcees in 1993 and it, to me, was a much needed Eastcoast breath of fresh air, and rebirth of jazz-infused hip hop after everything at the time was all gangsta and Deathrow. (much like how Cobain slew the hairbands around the same time in modern rock).

In 2008, I roll with that video on me iPhone as its a classic.

Posted by SoHo Wigger | July 24, 2008 9:44 AM

These guys are fags.

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2008 4:07 PM

Well its not a Black Moon Show if 5ft isn't there and I heard Buckshot was on some star shi* jealous of sharing the limelight with 5 and trying to hold him back.. Lets see if he can share the stage with 5. 5 a liability? Thats Buckshot spreading his hate and jealousy. Liability for what?

Posted by Anonymous | July 28, 2008 11:10 AM

Black Bubblegum you fuckin asshole since when does BLACKMOON consist of Buckshot and Evil Dee WHEN IT WAS %FT AND EVIL DEE THAT FIRST FORMED THE GROUP. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT AND U SHOULD REALLY CORRECT YOUR FUCKIN TYPO. THERES THREE MEMBERS OF FUCKIN BLACKMOON

Posted by Anonymous | July 29, 2008 2:16 PM

I am aware that 5Ft is also a member of the group, hence the "with". 5Ft hasn't done too much outside of Black Moon, whereas both Buckshot and Evil D has. It isnt a typo.

I am also aware that Heltah Skeltah is Ruck & Rock but I mentioned "featuring Sean Price".

Posted by BBG | July 29, 2008 2:26 PM

How do you know 5ft hasn't done much outside of Blackmoon? he is currently working on his solo album with Evil D. he has a new group Militant Mindz. Hes also workig on several European Albums. Black moon Is NOT Buckshot he is just Buckshot without 5 or Evil Dee and people don't come out to see him the way they would for all three. So the mention of Blackmoon DOES consist of all three. Black Bubblegum-how do you know what 5 has worked on or IS working on? Have you interviewed him? Go check myspace.com/fivefever and ask him. Get your facts straight before you make assumptions.

Posted by Don't Touch me now! | August 5, 2008 11:12 PM

What do u mean BLACK FAGGIT BUBBLEGUM> "HENCE THE WITH" If 5 isn't in black mOON...THERE is NO black moon.

WHat has Buck done outside of Black Moon that had the same impact? dID HIS NEW SHIT GO ANYWHERE? NO. IS HE SELLING OUT SHOWS ALONE?

I didnt think so..

I rest my case.

Before you write about 5.....ask him next time. his page seems to have plenty of hits and plays.

Posted by Anonymous | August 5, 2008 11:25 PM

Please cool it with the hate speeech.

That said, I added 5ft to the history part of the post to avoid any confusion.

thanks

Posted by brooklynvegan | August 6, 2008 12:00 AM

Hey BubbleGum... Let me ask you this? Do you have something against 5? A vendetta of some sorts? You put his name up but why isn't his linked to anything like the other two? You still have it as he's a guest for Black Moon or not "with" as you put it the other post! Let me find out Bubblegum is Buckshot or Drew undercover! Your myspace page does have NO PICS of you!Do you see the album cover you got up there Bubby? Well thats 5 on the right with the glasses on Son.... Your either one of those two or working for them hahaha . we already know.
5 has plenty of tru fans and supporters who unlike you know that he is a very important key to Black moon. Its like a triangle...one side is missing its not a triangle anymore... Understand... Your bubble has been popped!

Posted by Anonymous | August 6, 2008 2:57 PM