Posted in music | tour dates on July 8, 2008

Juana Molina

"Un Dia, the fourth release on Domino Records from Argentinean artist Juana Molina is set to be released on Oct 7, 2008. While the record is a brave departure from her previous work (with pronounced rhythms and bold low end) it is every bit a Juana record, as personal and intimate as always."
Juana Molina is opening for Feist in Prospect Park and other places...

Juana Molina - 2008 Tour Dates
08 July - Bank of America Pavilion / Boston MA USA *
09 July - Prospect Park Bandshell / Brooklyn NY USA *
11 July - Ravinia Festival / Highland Park, IL USA *
12 July - Memorial Park Festival / Omaha NE USA *
13 July - Starlight Theatre / Kansas City MO USA *
16 July - CAAC / Sevilla Spain
17 July - Wassermusik Festival / Berlin GMBH
02 August - Shangri-La Music Festival / Blue Hill, Maine USA
06 August - Manuel Doblado Theatre / Leon, Guanajuato, MEXICO
14 August - SANTA MONICA PIER / Los Angeles CA USA
30 August - Electric Picnic Festival / Ireland
31 August - Regents Park Open Air Theatre / London England / opening for Jose Gonzales
12 September - Zaragoza Spain

* opening for Feist

Whattt?!?!? I'M SO EXCITED I ALMOST BROKE MY MAC BOOK AIR TYPING THIS!!!

Posted by Matt | July 8, 2008 4:11 PM

She should get some sun.

Posted by Anonymous | July 8, 2008 4:51 PM

UGH!!! Please stop with the stupid stupid photos! Fucking horrible.

Posted by Winky | July 8, 2008 4:52 PM

here's a profile of her. She used to be a comedienne...

Posted by sloper | July 8, 2008 4:55 PM

is she not playing all points west anymore? if so, that's really disappointing. that's one of the main reasons i got tickets for friday.

Posted by Anonymous | July 8, 2008 5:09 PM

Thanks "sloper" for that youtube clip, I'm fan of hers and didn't know her backstory.

Posted by Anonymous | July 8, 2008 6:17 PM

I was running in Prospect Park tonight and was sort of looking forward to a five minute Celebrate Brooklyn break once I reached the band shell. I wasn't able to fully enjoy those five minutes from just beyond the fence not because of the sudden downpour, but because of the new 8" fence with dark green opaque meshing that had been erected over the past week. Look, I have paid the nominal donation to see other shows in the past such as Laurie Anderson and even Dan Zanes. Money is not the issue for me. I don't believe the cost to BRIC Arts (Celebrate Brooklyn) for the erecting of this fence adds any value to these so-called celebrations of Brooklyn. Do the people on the other side of the fence feel their concert-going experience is enhanced? Whatever the case I think the message is clear that either you pay the nominal fee to see a concert in the band shell complete with a mega dosage of corporate coffee adverts OR you can fuck off on the other side of the fence.

Damien
Brooklyn

Posted by Damien | July 9, 2008 9:14 PM

Snap...make that a 8' fence. I'm a bloody idiot. It's just like the 12" Stone Henge problem in This Is Spinal Tap.

Damien
Brooklyn

Posted by Damien | July 9, 2008 10:52 PM

Damien, although I do agree the fence is obnoxious, it is only erected for the shows that cost much more than a nominal fee. Feist was around $50 a ticket.

Posted by Anonymous | July 9, 2008 11:00 PM

concert sucked. people were talked through any song they didn't know. score one for the facebook generation. yay, i get to call all my friends in the middle of a concert and tell them how much fun i'm having while not listening to an artist i'm supposed to be into but i've got pictures so i must have had a good time right?

it was all so very twee.

Posted by marcus | July 9, 2008 11:40 PM

I personally don't associate twee with Feist

Posted by Anonymous | July 9, 2008 11:57 PM

completely boring show.

Posted by Anonymous | July 10, 2008 12:07 AM

great show/bad crowd

Posted by Anonymous | July 10, 2008 2:21 AM

Posted by Anonymous | July 9, 2008 11:00 PM

Ahhhh, this would explain, but still it's a bit mad to charge this sort of a money on public land.

Thanks.

D.

Posted by Damien | July 10, 2008 9:15 AM

Damien, like the upcoming Bob Dylan concert, the Feist/Molina concert was a benefit put on by BRIC to help fund the rest of the Celebrate Brooklyn series. I agree that under normal circumstances it would be batty to charge that much on "public" land, but in this case it's supposed to be a fund raiser so it makes sense. The tickets were $35, which isn't really that bad.

It was a great concert despite having its share of obnoxious people. But then again it's rare to find a concert that doesn't have its share. Seems it's part of the package.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2008 11:33 AM