Posted in music | tour dates on July 2, 2008

Bardo Pond
Bardo Pond

All Tomorrow's Parties is pleased to announce some additions to the bill for ATP New York, its first east coast festival set for September 19-21 at Kutshers Country Club in Monticello, NY.

As previously announced, the three day festival is curated by both My Bloody Valentine and ATP, and will be headlined by My Bloody Valentine in their first US appearance in 16-years.

Alongside previously announced choices, Dinosaur Jr., Lilys, Yo La Tengo, Mercury Rev and Mogwai, Sunday curators My Bloody Valentine have also chosen, Bob Mould, Sonic Boom, Le Volume Courbe, Gemma Hayes and Wounded Knees. ATP adds in Les Savy Fav, Alexander Tucker and Apse to join Shellac, Fuck Buttons, Low, Growing, Edan With Guest Dagha, Thee Silver Mount Zion Orchestra, The Drones, Polvo, Wooden Shjips, Harmonia, Om and Autolux on their day. Finally Bardo Pond Performing Lapsed joins the Friday Don't Look Back day that also sees Thurston Moore Performing Psychic Hearts, Tortoise Performing Millions Now Living Will Never Die, Meat Puppets Performing Meat Puppets II and Built To Spill Performing Perfect From Now On.

The day by day lineup is now:

FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 19TH - DON'T LOOK BACK + SPECIAL GUESTS TO BE ANNOUNCED SHORTLY

BARDO POND PERFORMING LAPSED, THURSTON MOORE PERFORMING PSYCHIC HEARTS, TORTOISE PERFORMING MILLIONS NOW LIVING WILL NEVER DIE, MEAT PUPPETS PERFORMING MEAT PUPPETS II, BUILT TO SPILL PERFORMING PERFECT FROM NOW ON
SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 20TH - CHOSEN BY ATP
FUCK BUTTONS, LOW, GROWING, EDAN WITH GUEST DAGHA, SHELLAC, THEE SILVER MOUNT ZION ORCHESTRA, THE DRONES, POLVO, WOODEN SHJIPS, HARMONIA, OM, AUTOLUX, APSE, LES SAVY FAV, ALEXANDER TUCKER
SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 21ST - CHOSEN BY MY BLOODY VALENTINE
MY BLOODY VALENTINE, DINOSAUR JR., LILYS, YO LA TENGO, MERCURY REV, MOGWAI, LE VOLUME COURBE, BOB MOULD, SONIC BOOM, GEMMA HAYES, WOUNDED KNEES
"The three-day boutique festival will have less than 3000 people attending. Performances start in the mid-afternoon, with around 30 acts set to play live across the weekend along with DJ sets until late night. There is dining, bars and other onsite amenities, such as, an indoor swimming pool, tennis, and golf.
Three day festival passes are on sale at http://www.atpfestival.com with and without accommodation. Shuttle buses will run between the second hotel and Kutshers."

i read "sonic boom" as "sonic youth" and spontaneously orgasmed.

Posted by butternuts | July 2, 2008 3:45 PM

bardo pond goddamnit!! I hate all of you attendees

Posted by Anonymous | July 2, 2008 3:50 PM

Sonic Boom's also opening for MBV on a few European dates this summer.

Posted by Anonymous | July 2, 2008 4:04 PM

does sonic boom mean spiritualized isn't coming?

Posted by Anonymous | July 2, 2008 4:27 PM

silver mt zion will blow all your minds.

Posted by Anonymous | July 2, 2008 4:31 PM

i just pumped my fist and uttered, fuck yeah, while sitting at my desk at work. rare spontaneous display of emotion.

Posted by Anonymous | July 2, 2008 4:32 PM

actually apparently spiritualized have a show on sunday in california anyway

Posted by Anonymous | July 2, 2008 4:32 PM

When are they going to announce the DJ's??

Posted by Anonymous | July 2, 2008 4:51 PM

and what time does daft punk---- oh yeah, we're not doing that anymore.

Posted by Anonymous | July 2, 2008 5:01 PM

Bardo Pond jumped the shark ever since they added that wanker on the synth. Apparently he's listening to another band while Bardo is on stage.

Posted by nsfw | July 2, 2008 5:06 PM

Posted by Anonymous | July 2, 2008 5:11 PM

what?

Posted by Anonymous | July 2, 2008 5:15 PM

"This show is such a rip off and way lame that it's at some pretentious retard country club."

This is all a matter of personal taste and choice. I'm as sick of every ATP article being hated on by those who either can't or won't afford it as all the Daft Punk jokes.

Get over it, ATP is meant to be a different experience than regular shows and is not for everyone. Most of these bands are playing NYC around the same time so you can see them anyway, including MBV.

However this is an intimate experience where get to eat sleep drink and play shuffleboard with the bands. It is a privilege and one you have to pay for. Looking at the amount of talent playing in relation to the small amount of tickets sold no one is getting away rich.

Also, as a Jew from Long Island who was dragged to Kutcher's many times I can tell you there are many negative adjectives you can associate with the "country club." Pretentious is not one of them. The #1 most exciting event on any given day is BINGO!

Posted by Anonymous | July 2, 2008 5:24 PM

all you ATP haters are going to bite your tongue when they announce the remaining 8 bands. and think of it this way....

$52+ My Bloody Valentine
$32+ Built to Spill/Dino Jr/Meat Puppets
$25+ Mogwai
$15+ Polvo

not to mention FUCKIN yo la tengo ($25+ ticket) and mercury rev

that is already about $200 worth of music and that is only 8 of the 30 band.

you retards need to get out of the city more anyhow.

keep hating!

Posted by Anonymous | July 2, 2008 6:04 PM

>>does sonic boom mean spiritualized isn't coming?

Sonic Boom is the other guy from Spacemen 3

not Jason who now does Spiritualized..

Posted by Anonymous | July 2, 2008 6:17 PM

They just added the last 8 bands you dumbass. That's what this whole post is about.

Posted by Anonymous | July 2, 2008 6:18 PM

"Sonic Boom is the other guy from Spacemen 3 "

I think they were implying that Sonic Boom and Spiritualized wouldn't be caught dead at the same country club together.

Posted by Anonymous | July 2, 2008 6:23 PM

oh wow, another band doing another full album. and get this, the band hasn't actually been relevant for years. yeah, huh, go figure. haven't heard that one yet. AND NOW TO SWITCH GEARS, I'M TYPING SO DAMN HARD RIGHT NOW! ok, back to soft typing.

Posted by Anonymous | July 2, 2008 6:52 PM

Who's the retard?

Posted by Anonymous | July 2, 2008 7:12 PM

Bardo Pond were boring as beige when they played All Tomorrow's Parties in Los Angeles and they're dull as fuck now. The only difference is that you don't have Merzbow to save you this year, earthlings!

Posted by Crosseyed Sniper | July 2, 2008 7:52 PM

I will be traveling from Australia to go to ATP and it means I will be broke for about 2 years and it looks well worth it. A lot of those bands playing won't come here so I wish I could complain about a poor Bardo Pond set, I have all there records and think they sound amazing. There isn't a bad band for me on the bill

Posted by Mat | July 2, 2008 9:35 PM

I'm gonna have Wounded Knees! from blowing all these awesome bands!

Posted by Anonymous | July 3, 2008 12:37 AM

ugh. i have two 3day passes and now i can't go. i got hired by the obama campaign and am moving to georgia until the election. when i asked if i could one, just ONE weekend off please lord please, they said no. le sigh.

anyone want 2 passes?

Posted by binary | July 3, 2008 1:04 AM

All those Spacemen 3 guys are goyische anyway.

Posted by aviatrix | July 3, 2008 5:12 AM

Yes, binary, how to get?

Posted by James | July 3, 2008 6:25 AM

bardo pond were never relevant, they're just good. isn't the point of 'don't look back' to see bands playing classic albums? are the meat puppets relevant? or, for that matter, is my bloody valentine relevant? i doubt it, but it's going to be a lot of fun.

Posted by Anonymous | July 3, 2008 8:31 AM

Wow. I really thought I know music, but I have to admit that I've never heard of Bardo Pond.

I'm psyched that Bob Mould is playing though. You can list Husker Du as one of those epic reunions that will never happen (along with The Smiths and The Talking Heads).

Posted by Dan | July 3, 2008 10:27 AM

hopefully fugazi isn't on that list but i'm starting to think they are (epic reunions that won't happen).

Posted by Anonymous | July 3, 2008 11:31 AM

fugazi's last show was only 6 years ago though. give it another 15 or so and then you can think of it as epic.

Posted by Anonymous | July 3, 2008 12:57 PM

bardo pond is the tits, but gravity has taken a toll on the tit over the years. i wouldn't mind checking them out while sprawled out on a huge lawn tripping on mdma

Posted by god below | July 3, 2008 2:37 PM

psychic hearts, millions now living will never die, meat puppets II and lapse are REALLY important to some people. To everyone that doesn't agree with that, they can complain they didn't go in 5 years time!

Posted by Anonymous | July 4, 2008 8:58 AM

Can someone confirm that the list is final now? These are the last bands to be announced, correct?

If so, I can't help but be a little let down. I was hoping for great things as the lineup was already a little "iffy," but I'm just not really a fan of any of the new additions. Husker Du is one of my favorite bands, but Bob Mould solo...ugh...

Posted by Anonymous | July 4, 2008 12:48 PM

I can't confirm they won't add anyone else, but the site says "around 30 acts" and if you count them there are 31 listed now.

Posted by Anonymous | July 4, 2008 12:58 PM

the language of this last release suggests the lineup isn't finalized...i'm betting sunday has a few more acts that they'll announce around when the last batch of tickets goes on sale.

Posted by Anonymous | July 4, 2008 1:09 PM

Autolux!

Posted by Anonymous | July 4, 2008 1:22 PM

james: still checking this thread? email me at spammnet@gmail.com if you are still interested in the 2 passes.

Posted by binary | July 8, 2008 3:33 PM