Posted in MP3 | music | streams | tour dates on July 30, 2008

by Black Bubblegum

DOWNLOAD: The Walkmen - In the New Year (new MP3)

Hamilton Leithauser of The Walkmen @ Langerado 2008 (stevemoyles)
Ham

The swooning sounds of Ham & The Walkmen return with You & Me, due August 19th - the same day as the last of their two-night stay at the Bowery Ballroom (tickets are still available for the 8/18 and 8/19 shows). You & Me marks their return to the old school, the reemergence of The Walkmen of Everyone Who Pretended To Like Me Is Gone and Bows + Arrows, and me definitely likey.

Judge yourself though..... one of two ways! You & Me is currently streaming at AOL (along with the new Dr. Dog, Takka Takka, and others) and/or you can pick it up NOW at Amiestreet for a paltry $5 and ALL of the proceeds go toward the Memorial-Sloan Kettering Cancer Center! Great album, great cause... no brainer to me.

Both Bowery Ballrom shows are with The Muslims. All, updated, tour dates below...

THE WALKMEN - 2008 TOUR DATES
9/13: 400 Bar Minneapols, MN
9/14: Barrymore Theater, Madison, WI
9/15: The Basement, Columbus, OH
9/18: The Middle Eat, Cambridge, MA

* w/ Man Man
** w/ Black Mountain, Destroyer

Downloaded the album yesterday. Really enjoy it. Thankfully it sounds more like Bows and Arrows than A Hundred Miles Off.

Posted by anonymous2 | July 30, 2008 5:08 PM

SUCH a GREAT album. anyone know if theres goign to be a vinyl edition? cant wait for the show!

Posted by Anonymous | July 30, 2008 5:17 PM

Yes. You may pre-order the vinyl from Insound.

Posted by Eduardo | July 30, 2008 5:26 PM

the download sounds like shit (big surprise) but the album is solid and the cause is good. get it... And the vinyl.

Posted by Anonymous | July 30, 2008 5:45 PM

By "download" do you mean the leaked version or the one on Amiestreet? I have the leaked version and it sounds ok.

Posted by Anonymous | July 30, 2008 8:04 PM

The Amiestreet download is 320 kbps, and the leak I think was 160.

Posted by wholio | July 30, 2008 9:04 PM

why are you listening to the leak? just go buy it and donate money. come on.

Posted by Anonymous | July 30, 2008 10:21 PM

Why brag about having the leak? It's for an infant with leukemia - just spend the 5 dollars.

Posted by Ray | July 30, 2008 10:40 PM

These guys are spot on live...

Posted by Anonymous | July 31, 2008 12:54 AM

much better than "100 miles off"

Posted by bill reese | July 31, 2008 8:53 AM

I paid the 5 buck I didn't download a leak and I'm pretty sure its "A Hundred Miles Off". 5 bucks is a great price for downloading an album much less going to charity. $9.99 on the other hand is a little ridiculous.

Posted by anonymous2 | July 31, 2008 9:24 AM

I downloaded the leak because it was there, I'm a big fan, and I wanted to hear it. I'm also going to buy the CD the first day it comes out. So who's hurt here?

Posted by Regular reader | July 31, 2008 10:19 AM

^^
double doosh

Posted by Anonymous | July 31, 2008 11:21 AM

good album

Posted by msn nickleri | February 17, 2009 3:12 PM

Awesome album! I think that it is the greatest one.

Posted by Thesis To Buy | September 29, 2009 5:32 AM

With The Walkmen channelling Modest Mouse through a simple and looping chiming guitar riff with Leithauser’s yelping vocals high in the mix, “In The New Year” pulls you through the drum-free verses into the climaxes of the rolling, swaying choruses. Set on repeat, then end with nary a warning: smashing, let’s play it again. It’s yet more grist to my musing on how things so simple can result in something fantastic when similar attempts in the hands of others just leave me cold. It’s probably something to do with genes; it usually is nowadays, isn’t it?

Posted by bad credit refinance loans | October 25, 2009 6:51 PM

Get affordable health insurance quotes and compare individual health insurance plans side by side. We'll help you find individual health insurance, family medical insurance or small business health insurance and the best medical insurance plans for your needs and budget.

Posted by Cheap Health Insurance | October 26, 2009 7:12 AM

$5 for the album is a great deal. Thanks i downloaded it and like the idea it goes to a good cause.

Posted by web hosting | December 8, 2009 2:25 PM

It's for an infant with leukemia - just spend the 5 dollars.

Posted by Miami Web Design | December 27, 2009 3:40 PM

Great album this one. Too bad I missed the show. I heard it was excellent.

Posted by Bunk beds for kids | January 13, 2010 9:23 PM

theres a video of the show on youtube, but the sound is really bad

Posted by milf | February 9, 2010 5:11 PM

the last album was a big let down, i lent it to someone and didnt ask for it back, i cant even remember what it was called

Posted by adult dvd rentals | February 15, 2010 10:55 PM

awesome i can't wait to see them live again.

Posted by health insurance | March 30, 2010 11:11 AM

These guys are spot on live...

Posted by bodybuilding forum | September 13, 2010 8:29 AM

Julian Cope on Mac:

"I gots to tell y’all that when I heard the other day that the Bunnymen’s Ian McCulloch is writing his autobiography, I nearly shat my undies laughing so hard (good job I don’t wear any!); Ian Mac write a book? A man for whom completing a single song on his own is a struggle of Everest the Hard Way proportions is hardly going to write a book. Ian, I’m speechless at your continued arrogance in the face of no evidence whatsoever. In my opinion, you’ve been a dried-up shell of a husk of a man since just after OCEAN RAIN, so don’t embarrass us all with your ludicrous claims that you’re gonna write an autobiography. Two words… No Way. Writing a book involves discipline and hard work, two things you never nailed in the past and never will. As I heard it, you even said in the press that your book will be better than the Bible. Well, in two ways it may well be like the Bible: 1) it’ll be full of half-truths and outright lies, and 2) it’ll have been written by umpteen uncredited writers and you’ll name yourself solely as its author. There you go, dumkopf, I just handed you the map: don’t even bother buying yourself a pen, son; just do what you’ve always done throughout your career; get someone else to do most of the work then claim all the credit yourself. I even have a title already: MAC USER. And with that, I shall sweep off into the Beltane sunset. Yowzah!"

Posted by Youtubena | October 26, 2010 7:54 PM

awesome i can't wait to see them live again.

Posted by video | December 24, 2010 5:52 PM

Posted by دردشة عراقية | February 20, 2011 9:46 PM

Islam is a religion of peace

Posted by منتديات | February 23, 2011 6:39 PM

awesome

Posted by ali | April 7, 2011 2:16 PM

I just like his style!

Posted by Exotic Dancers Miami | October 15, 2012 4:11 PM

What is his singing genre??

Posted by Exotic Dancers | October 23, 2012 10:27 AM