Posted in music | tour dates on July 16, 2008

Oct. 31 The Borgata, Atlantic City, NJ
Nov. 3 Verizon Center, Washington, DC
Nov. 8 Nokia Theatre, Los Angeles, CA
Nov. 9 Nokia Theatre, Los Angeles, CA

(thx CJ)

Tags: The Who

BV where are your signature green scribbles that should be x-ing out Entwistle and Moon?

Posted by Anonymous | July 16, 2008 2:09 PM

NO SHIT! WOW even if it is half the band. Come to st Louis!

Posted by Eric | July 16, 2008 2:15 PM

pete still rules.

he'd be the first to admit that he's an old fart and that this isn't really The Who. that's why he rules!

Posted by Anonymous | July 16, 2008 2:36 PM

Pete is the Who.

Posted by Anonymous | July 16, 2008 2:43 PM

Long Live Rock!
Hope I die before I get Old!
Won't get fooled again!
yada yada yada

Posted by gooby | July 16, 2008 2:46 PM

I Can See for Miles!
You Better You Bet!

This is a fun game.

Posted by Anonymous | July 16, 2008 2:55 PM

Love... Reign O'er Me!!!

Posted by Anonymous | July 16, 2008 3:10 PM

Armenia Sitting In The Sky!!!

Posted by Anonymous | July 16, 2008 3:27 PM

no NYC date?

Posted by Anonymous | July 16, 2008 3:31 PM

The Who themselves put all four of them on the shirts for all their current tours. Brooklyn Vegan is just keeping with the program.

Posted by Anonymous | July 16, 2008 3:32 PM

'...is it, in fact, unfair to criticize a formerly great artist for his latter-day sins? "Is it better to burn out than to fade away?" - Barry, 'High Fidelity'

Posted by greg | July 16, 2008 3:37 PM

I see they'er hitting all the hot spots like...Uncasville, CT? Who needs Chicago, right.

Posted by Anonymous | July 16, 2008 3:52 PM

3:52 has obviously never been to Mohegan Sun. It will sell out easily man

Posted by Anonymous | July 16, 2008 7:36 PM

Will Pete do his very own special versions of songs by The Who, like "Pre-Teen Wasteland" or "Behind Brown Eyes"?

Posted by Crosseyed Sniper | July 16, 2008 10:04 PM

^^^^ Pete's innocent, yo.

Also, _Endless Wire_ rules.

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2008 9:26 AM

Posted by Regular reader | July 17, 2008 9:43 AM

"The Who would have been a much better band with a three piece, with the guitar player also being the lead singer. Anything post 1968 is crap--and it's 2008 now. How great could this tour really be?"

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2008 9:52 AM

yes, 1969-1973--which included Tommy, Live At Leeds, Who's Next and Quadrophenia--was their creative and performing peak.

Posted by DrJimmy | July 17, 2008 9:59 AM

Tommy is good but way overrated. Quadrophenia is ridiculously overblown, short on actual tunes, and in general verges on crap (though not quite there yet).

Who's Next is the business though.

(While I don't agree, I could see though how someone might reasonably think that the 1965-1968 period is vastly superior.)

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2008 12:42 PM

"Eminence Front," bitches.

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2008 12:44 PM

How great could this tour really be? As great as all their recent tours, or at least as great as most of their tours since 1968.

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2008 12:59 PM

To Anonymous 9:52 AM

"Congratulations for making one of the stupidest statements ever. So Tommy, Who's Next and Quadrophenia count as crap? Go listen to your wimpy emo shit, you nutless douchebag."

Posted by Regular reader | July 17, 2008 1:44 PM

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2008 2:08 PM

"Actually, those three albums count as crap to me: soulless, occasionally pompous, and musically dull. Don't get me started on the idea of the "rock opera."

I don't own any music that could be called wimpy emo shit. And when I took a piss after lunch today, my nuts are fully, and gloriously, intact. I say to you, to erroneously paraphrase Pete Townsend, I hope you die before I get old."

This is funny, considering you come across as soulless, pompous and dull. And "hope you die before I get old"? I knew you were a fucking scumbag with bad taste in music, but I didn't realize just how bad off you were. It must be sad to be a loser who has nothing better to do than slag off great bands who have accomplished more in a few month's than you have in your life. Have mercy on yourself and jump off a cliff. To paraphrase Townshend, that would be a bargain, the best you've ever had. In fact, that would be the highlight of your life.

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2008 4:02 PM

Blogs. LOL. Blogs. Posts and comments. LOL. Blogs.

Posted by Regular reader | July 17, 2008 4:48 PM

I went to Vh1 rock honors the Who and it was excellent! the who were very good as you will see tonight! they are always quality and professional and very nice people too! spend some $$$$ and go see them and enjoy them while they are still around!

Posted by the real me | July 17, 2008 6:58 PM

"dude if you dont think that 'A Quick One' or 'Who Sell Out' are the Who's best works then you automatically drink your own piss. enjoy drinking your piss, piss drinkers!"

What's that? I can't hear you. You seem to have a dick in your mouth.

Posted by Anonymous | July 18, 2008 11:33 AM

The Who en los dos conciertos que les he visto, en la gira del 2006 en Zaragoza y en el 2007 en Bilbao, estuvieron excelentes, todo un espectaculo para quien lo sepa disfrutar. Talking about my g-g-g-g-geeeeneration

Posted by Jaume from Barcelona | July 29, 2008 12:16 PM

MISSAGE FOR THE WHO.

Please play in Barcelona !!!!, Pete in the concert of Bilbao (Spain) in 2007 due one to the cancellation of Barcelona, you promised that to all I publish aistente to come to Barcelona for futur tour. We hoped that it is soon.

Gracies.