Posted in music | tour dates on August 27, 2008

Emily Haines (Metric) @ APW (more by Kyle Dean Reinford)
Metric

A distinct contrast from Metric's bold, danceable sound, Emily's solo work is an intimate and subtle collection of mellow, piano-driven tunes complimented by soft string and horn arrangements. [EACH] TICKET IS GOOD FOR [ONE] PERFORMANCE. - #1 @ 7:30PM. A REPEAT PERFORMANCE WILL FOLLOW @ 9PM. TICKETS ARE PRESALE ONLY, AND WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE AT THE DOOR. ALL SHOWS ARE 21+. NO EXCEPTIONS. UNION POOL 484 UNION AVE. CORNER OF UNION & MEEKER BROOKLYN, NY 11211
Sunday, Sept. 7th. tickets are on sale for:
  1. an early show ("EMILY HAINES SOLO PERFORMANCE #1")
  2. a late show ("EMILY HAINES (w/ JIMMY SHAW of METRIC) SOLO PERFORMANCE #2")
  3. a late-late show ("TALL FIRS featuring EMILY HAINES")
(thx anon)

I'd hit it.

Posted by Anonymous | August 27, 2008 11:56 AM

as if you could even find it...

Posted by Anonymous | August 27, 2008 11:58 AM

awesome. just got tickets for the first two shows.

what's with the third show?

Posted by Anonymous | August 27, 2008 11:59 AM

Damn, 21+. Boo.

Posted by Sarah | August 27, 2008 12:03 PM

thing is, i thought she stopped playing the soft skeleton stuff live. so this would be new stuff, i presume?

Posted by Anonymous | August 27, 2008 12:11 PM

compliments to 11:58.

Posted by Anonymous | August 27, 2008 12:18 PM

soft skeleton is so much better than any of the other "indie girl" songwriters (feist ect) imo incredible album

Posted by Anonymous | August 27, 2008 12:23 PM

why are ALL of those shows 21 and over? is that really necessary? does anyone care about 20 year olds?

Posted by cleavage girl | August 27, 2008 12:49 PM

i care about 20 year olds, especially those with cleavavge

Posted by Anonymous | August 27, 2008 12:58 PM

yes, +21 is great. 20 year olds are extremely lame, especially in this city full of rich NYU faux-hipster kids. I grew up here, went to shows and remember when they never used to card. It's only after brats like you started moving here and puking on the sidewalk, effing everything up and then your rich reformed-hippie parents would threaten to sue that the venues and bars became strict.

Posted by YoungstersSuck | August 27, 2008 1:00 PM

Could all the underagers here just to us all a favor and get a fake id so we don't have to be subjected to your incessant complaining. Union pool is a bar so of course it's going to be over 21 only. Besides which has it ever occurred to you that most new yorkers simply don't want to be at a show with under age college kids. (unless your an easily maniulated hot girl in which case you probably don't even need an id)

Posted by Anonymous | August 27, 2008 1:02 PM

Gawd...I've never even heard their music, But I'd go just to look at her. Fine as hell!

Posted by Anonymous | August 27, 2008 1:09 PM

I hate to say it Anon 1:02, but NYC shows prove time and time again that acting like a prat isn't limited to people 20 years old and younger. NYC shows us nightly that acting like a complete idiot spans all ages, creeds, and colors (yet consistently occurs within a certain financial bracket i.e. the spoiled rich)

Posted by Anonymous | August 27, 2008 1:09 PM

It's at a bar. You have to be 21 to go to the bar. END OF CONVERSATION.

Posted by Anonymous | August 27, 2008 1:14 PM

At least the kids get to play in a city playground, without getting a ticket. So in the end it all works out.

Posted by Anonymous | August 27, 2008 1:35 PM

you dont have to be 21 to go to a bar. however do you have to be 21 to drink.

Posted by Anonymous | August 27, 2008 1:38 PM

*crosses fingers in anticipation of a 31+ show*

Posted by geezer | August 27, 2008 1:40 PM

"It's at a bar. You have to be 21 to go to the bar. END OF CONVERSATION."

Sorry mom...

Posted by Anonymous | August 27, 2008 1:43 PM

as always BV, good looks. im really stoked to see her again. Hiro was a big deal for me. thanks again.

Posted by Anonymous | August 27, 2008 1:45 PM

"yes, +21 is great. 20 year olds are extremely lame"
i love this. one year does make a difference? because once you turn 21, you know, you are not lame. but you're still not mature enough to rent a car for all you 24 and younger.
i think it's the 23-27 year old who are the complainers? yet it make no sense for me to say that because i can't prove it. just like this tool i quoted.
i never heard of this girl's music, but i would enjoy listening to my ipod and watching her move on stage.

Posted by Anonymous | August 27, 2008 1:47 PM

1. Hit.
2. Quit.
3. Repeat.

Posted by Anonymous | August 27, 2008 1:58 PM

""yes, +21 is great. 20 year olds are extremely lame"
i love this. one year does make a difference?"

In fact yes, if you were over 21, you would be mature and cool enough not to answer a quote like: "yes, +21 is great. 20 year olds are extremely lame"

Posted by Anonymous | August 27, 2008 2:16 PM

I'd take it out for burgers, ham sandwiches and pork rinds. I'd hit it afterwards, but with compassion and spiritual focus.

Posted by Nestor, a Poet | August 27, 2008 2:32 PM

as you can see, 20 yr olds, you have a lot of non-lameness to look forward to, once you turn 21 and become as non-lame as us. Lucky you!

Posted by Anonymous | August 27, 2008 2:55 PM

Soft Skeleton is fucking awesome. That is all.

Posted by Anonymous | August 27, 2008 3:10 PM

Whoever doesn't like pretty, young, sub-21 things at their shows is a either a flaming homosexual, or a miserable individual who never gets laid.

Posted by Anonymous | August 27, 2008 3:24 PM

20+ comments and no "I'd give that soft skeleton a hard bone" comment yet. I'm disappointed... with all of you.

Posted by Anonymous | August 27, 2008 3:26 PM

"I'd hit it afterwards, but with compassion and spiritual focus."

ha!

Posted by Anonymous | August 27, 2008 3:46 PM

"yes, +21 is great. 20 year olds are extremely lame, especially in this city full of rich NYU faux-hipster kids. I grew up here, went to shows and remember when they never used to card. It's only after brats like you started moving here and puking on the sidewalk, effing everything up and then your rich reformed-hippie parents would threaten to sue that the venues and bars became strict"

I think if I was 19-20 years, my parents were probably not hippies as I was born in the late eighties?....although I'm actually 32, and I'm pretty sure I'm pretty sure puking on the sidewalk is not related to higher socioeconomic status...if anything it's the other way around. Also, you sound very angry & irrational, so I think you're the perfect candidate for an Emily Haines show...congrats!!!

Posted by Anonymous | August 27, 2008 4:37 PM

Emily is a total cokehead...FACT

Posted by Anonymous | August 27, 2008 5:32 PM

and Canadian!

Posted by Anonymous | August 27, 2008 7:18 PM

Duh, I'd hit it. Yup, I'd hit it y'know. I've got a penis y'know. duh....

Posted by Anonymous | August 27, 2008 9:31 PM

Any idiot can make an anonymous comment...FACT.

Posted by Anonymous | August 27, 2008 9:32 PM

>>Any idiot can make an anonymous comment...

true, but she is still a major cokehead

Posted by Anonymous | August 27, 2008 10:54 PM

her being a cokehead makes me want to hit it even more.

Posted by Anonymous | August 28, 2008 8:47 AM

mainstream SHIT. Who cares!

Posted by Anonymous | August 28, 2008 9:23 AM

"20+ comments and no 'I'd give that soft skeleton a hard bone' comment yet. I'm disappointed... with all of you."

It's "Emily Haines *AND* the Soft Skeleton." I wouldn't give a "hard bone" to her backing band.

Posted by Anonymous | August 28, 2008 11:32 AM

"Emily is a total cokehead...FACT"

Same jealous dickweed posting the same boring comments all over the internet - needs to get a life - FACT.

Posted by Anonymous | August 28, 2008 12:23 PM

The reason they dont let underage people into bars, even to see shows, is because they can get shut down if you have any alcohol in your system. Bar gets shut down, the owner doesn't make money. Cant pay rent for the bar, or house, or car payment. Putting together the pieces? Life is over. Plus, letting in someone 21 or older means there is a large chance they will purchase booze, which is how the bar makes money. Whereas, if they let a 20 year old in, they have to worry about being shut down and they wont make money selling you alcohol.........And plus, 20 year olds are lame.

Posted by Anonymous | August 28, 2008 1:49 PM

I'd hit it, too...

Posted by Jentex | September 7, 2008 3:56 PM

what did she sing?

Posted by Anonymous | September 8, 2008 9:24 AM

emily and jimmy played through two sets of the new metric album, start to finish (plus live it out), just piano and acoustic guitar. it was unreal and something i'll probably never forget.

Posted by Anonymous | September 8, 2008 1:50 PM