Posted in metal | music | tour dates on August 8, 2008

by Black Bubblegum

Judas Priest live at Hard Rock Cafe NYC, 8/4/04 (Factor Fiction)
Priest

Ya know, APW is gonna be great and all, but it isnt the only major show going down locally this weekend. What about the fatal-four-way of Metal titans going down at PNC Saturday and Jones Beach on sunday (tickets still available)? Judas Priest. Heaven & Hell. Motorhead. AND Testament? A heavy music must.

The show on saturday markes the third stop on the Metal Masters tour, and we have setlists from each of the four bands from night one in Camden, NJ. Check it out below. The Philadelphia Inquirer was there, and reviewed it.

Motorhead will also hit the road with Airbourne, Valient Thorr, The Misfits, and Year Long Disaster. Full tour schedule is below, tickets for the Roseland Ballroom show on 9/20 go on sale 8/20.

Testament is also playing a NY show this (Friday) evening.

Judas Priest also played Eddie Trunk's 35th anniversary show at Hard Rock Cafe in NYC. Pics are below, and yes that is Mike Piazza...

Priest

06. Ear in the Wall
07. Vinny Appice Solo
08. Time Machine
09. Falling off the Edge of the World
10. Tony Iommi Solo
11. Die Young
12. Heaven and Hell (extended)

JUDAS PRIEST's Setlist 8/6/08 in Camden, NJ
12. Rock Hard, Ride Free
13. Painkiller
--------------
14. Hell Bent For Leather
15. The Green Manalishi
16. You've Got Another Thing Coming

MOTORHEAD, MISFITS, AIRBOURNE, VALIENT THORR, YEAR LONG DISASTER - 2008 TOUR DATES
Sep 02 2008 Anaheim, CA - House of Blues (no Misfits)
Sep 03 2008 San Diego, CA - House of Blues (no Misfits)
Sep 04 2008 Las Vegas, NV - House of Blues
Sep 06 2008 Denver, CO - The Fillmore Auditorium
Sep 07 2008 N. Kansas City, MO - Harrah's Voodoo
Sep 09 2008 St. Louis, MO - The Pageant
Sep 10 2008 Madison, WI - Orpheum Theatre
Sep 12 2008 St. Paul, MN - Myth
Sep 13 2008 Grand Rapids, MI - The Orbit Room
Sep 14 2008 Columbus, OH - Newport Music Hall
Sep 16 2008 Montreal, QC - Metropolis
Sep 18 2008 Baltimore, MD - Rams Head Live!
Sep 19 2008 Philadelphia, PA - The Electric Factory
Sep 20 2008 New York, NY - Roseland Ballroom
Sep 21 2008 Asbury Park, NJ - Stone Pony Parking Lot

motorhead > radiohead

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2008 1:53 PM

I am so psyched for this. From what I have heard people saw Neon Knights on the Heaven and Hell setlist at the sound board and assume it was cut for time constraints.

Since Dio needs the Drum Solo to chill out his voice I wouldn't be surprised if they cut one of the more obscure tunes like Time Machine or Ear In the Wall. But I hope not, both are great.

And for a short set, Testament's is sick! Instead of going big on the classics most of the set is the new record and the Gathering??? Fuck and Yes!

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2008 2:27 PM

are they changing up the set list? no Free Wheel Burning or Love Bites?

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2008 4:15 PM

Rob Halford is gay

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2008 4:35 PM

according to metalsetlists, sabbath's set changed slightly but the others were the same i believe.

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2008 5:01 PM

oh wait, i was incorrect: testament's set changed too.

rob halford rules.

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2008 5:03 PM

Testament sure does have a shitty set list!Practice what you preach?

Posted by george | August 9, 2008 10:16 AM

Yes, "Anonymous," Rob Halford is as Gay as the day is long, with a closet full of studded-leather jackets to boot -- he doesn't dwell there (anymore), mind, just gets 'em out to successively wear when kicking serious ass like he did onstage in Camden the other night;
and Dio learned the "Devil Horns" hand-sign from his Italian nana, sure (my fave RJD fun-fact -- hope it's true);
and, let's see, what else ...

Hey, GLARING OMISSION from the MOTORHEAD setlist posted here and subsequently around the on-line planet:

"GOING TO BRAZIL" was INDEED played in its entirety in Camden, tho they did blast right into "Killed By Death" afterwards w/ no break ...

The Philly newspaper review(noted/linked above) particularly (and righteously) praised said MH toon -- and I will further confirm, as I was there in the audience singing "GTB" along w/ Poet Laureate of the Rock 'n' Metal Universe LEMMY, whose pithy verse deserves all due props ... to-wit:

"Here we go again, on a 747/
Looking at the clouds from the other side of heaven .../
Elevator music, butter in my ears/
Think we're gonna die, just the pilot changing gear/
Wanna watch the movie, can't sit still/
Flying down to Rio, going to Brazil."

GENIUS!

(Killer live clip of same, current line-up, easily found ...)

Your Welcome,

D* in The Illadelph

p.s. FYI, opener TESTAMENT comes on at 5:30 SHARP.

Posted by D* | August 9, 2008 2:45 PM

yeah, the devil horns \m/ \m/ are an old sicilian gesture for warding off evil eye. and since she was italian, it's nonna, not nana

Posted by anon | August 10, 2008 1:24 PM

Man, that Testament set sucks

Posted by Anonymous | August 10, 2008 2:34 PM

where's eat the rich or rock n roll from motorhead??? also preist set could be a lot better,where's livin after midnite,turbo lover,ram it down,highway,metal meltdown,love bites?

Posted by dt73 | August 10, 2008 11:11 PM

Piazza might be more gay than Halford

Posted by Anonymous | August 11, 2008 9:01 PM

They also played GOIN TO BRAZIL right after Lemmy said "Do you remember Rock and Roll" and they played NO CLASS. What's up with this set list. It's the same one seen everywhere else. If you're gonna drink and write, just remember the songs.

Posted by Cara Guitars | August 12, 2008 3:07 AM

I was at this show and it was amazing!...I did miss Testament which I was super pissed about! But I don't know why everyone is so pissed about everyone's setlist...it's Testament, Motorhead, Heaven & Hell, and Priest all in the same show! if you're a true fan you wouldn't bitch so much. it was great seeing every single song! I'm going to see this show again in pitt

Posted by ButcheredAtBirth | August 12, 2008 7:45 PM

WOW!!!
That was Sick last night in Detroit, or Clarkston to those who want to get picky :)
Some observations on setlist / other things.
*I wonder how much Seduce ( a local act) had to pay to play? Not bad for bar/ club hard rock...but Masters of Metal?!?
* Kudos for my cousin for fibbing about the "lawn" tix which wound up really being within the last 9 rows of the pavillion. You rock John!
* I always liked Practice What You Preach. I liked the other stuff I heard by Testament as well.
* MOTORHEAD!!!! Great S#!T. If you expected 'em to sound like a record....stay at home and listen to a record!! :)
* Lemmys onstage banter: Couldn't understand an effin thing you said dude. Harder to understand than OZZY :)
* Heaven & Hell : Dios my effin dads age....66...HOLY S*!T!!
*They sounded great....I was laffing at my cuz, because even though I had already mentioned the band line-up to him...it took him 3 songs to realize that Bill Ward didn't let his hair down and dye it!!...lol. I think Vinny Appice is a little bigger as well.
Glad to see that one song (Ear In The Wall, I think) got dropped so they could do Neon Knight as a curtain call!!!
* Priest!!!!!!!!!! Can't say to much....I'd probably go on for to long....Devils Child, Eat Me Alive, Rock Hard..Ride Free!!! And even though I already saw this setlist and knew to expect it....Dissident Agressor just totally effin blew my mind!!!
Whatever city you're in ....Enjoy Your Show!!!!

Posted by wing2741 | August 19, 2008 9:14 AM