Posted in music | pictures on August 3, 2008

photos by Zach Dilgard

Radiohead @ Lollapalooza

Radiohead @ Lollapalooza

After the set we [Grizzly Bear] decided to unwind and watched both CSS and Radiohead's set. Tomorrow we meet Radiohead for the first time and to say we are beyond excited is an understatement. It was surreal watching them with Kele from Bloc Party and the Yeasayer guys all just marvelling at how insanely great Radiohead are, and how universally loved. Literally what I would guess was 70 thousand people singing along to "All I need" is a pretty spectacular sight. I can't even believe we get to share the stage with them the next few weeks. [Ed Droste]
You saw the setlist. More pictures from Friday night's headlining Radiohead performance, below...

That close! yum pics.. as usual.

Posted by sandra | August 3, 2008 9:49 AM

Great photos. Now the rest of us know what they actually looked like. I was standing pretty close to the sound booth and still couldn't see much (and I'm 6 ft tall). The videoscreens were more "artistic" and therefore anyone not within the first hundred feet couldn't really see much of anything.

They sounded great. Really impressive set, but if we could have seen what was actually going on, I think it would have been more compelling.

My full Friday review:

Thanks for the pictures!

Posted by Reed | August 3, 2008 10:36 AM

That Entertainment Weekly blog has got to be one of the lamest things I've seen in a while.

"We were told Grizzly Bear singer/songwriter Edward Droste was a huge fan of EW..."

"...watching them with Kele from Bloc Party and the Yeasayer guys all just marvelling at how insanely great Radiohead are, and how universally loved."

I sincerely hope some bands/artists are going to come along and blow all this shit out of the water at some point. It has to happen, right?

Posted by Anonymous | August 3, 2008 12:37 PM

Tickets for APW are selling for half the price on Ebay. I expect people selling their extra tickets for $10 by next Friday.

Posted by Anonymous | August 3, 2008 4:16 PM

I'm not sure why people like these thing.. as the guy mentioned.. if yer not in the first 100 feet you don't see anything. Wow, sounds great.

Posted by Anonymous | August 3, 2008 5:44 PM