Posted in music | tour dates on September 20, 2008

Flipper

It appears that the entire Flipper tour is no longer happening. Every date that was listed on MySpace is gone. According to "Anonymous | September 20, 2008 2:28 PM", the band says it's because Krist Novoselic (of Nirvana fame) has left the band. Knitting Factory is offering refunds (via Ticketweb) for the NYC show. Fun Fun Fun Fest in Austin is looking for a replacement act.

Here's their press release:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
>>>>
>>>> NOV. 17, 2009
>>>>
>>>> It is with regret that Flipper must announce that we will be postponing
>>>> our upcoming tour, scheduled to kick off on Nov. 8th. Bass player Krist
>>>> Novoselic has decided that he will be unable to tour with the band.
>>>> Responsibilities at home will prevent him from being able to take the time
>>>> necessary to get out on the road to promote our upcoming releases.
>>>>
>>>> It is unfortunate, but Flipper will be finding a new bass player. We have
>>>> enjoyed our time with Krist and have a new album of songs to show for it,
>>>> and we¹ve done some great shows together.
>>>>
>>>> We are very proud and excited to announce that Flipper will begin
>>>> releasing it¹s back catalog later this year, beginning with 4 classic¹s.
>>>> Generic Flipper, Gone Fishin¹, Public Flipper Limited, and Sex Bomb Baby.
>>>> We will follow these with more back catalog releases and a new album, as
>>>> yet untitled, which was recorded by Jack Endino and includes Novoselic on
>>>> bass.
>>>>
>>>> We are looking forward to releasing all these great albums on CD, Vinyl,
>>>> and Digitally, beginning later this year in US, Canada, Japan, and
>>>> Australia. We will follow with releasing in UK, Europe, and other
>>>> territories in the world as soon as we secure appropriate label partners.
>>>>
>>>> Stay tuned for more info coming very soon.
>>>>

Posted by Anonymous | September 20, 2008 2:28 PM

moby's not available?

Posted by Anonymous | September 20, 2008 2:46 PM

Fuck you Krist! What an unprofessional asshole move this is. When youre a bigger fuck up than Flipper, youre really a fuck up. But this press release appears to be coming from more than a year in the future, so wtf.

Posted by Anonymous | September 20, 2008 2:52 PM

LOL! Who didn't see that coming!

Posted by Anonymous | September 20, 2008 2:57 PM

hes just a bassist, they could find a replacement, duh

Posted by Anonymous | September 20, 2008 3:03 PM

Krist is such a hack! I love how his careers in the shitter since Nirvana. The guys a hack who was lucky enough to meet Kurt. Anyone couldve played bass in Nirvana. Hes a hack that cant even survive a low-budget flipper reunion.

Posted by Anonymous | September 20, 2008 3:04 PM

gee, should I tour with Flipper? or go back to my shitty reclusive life and write another book no one will read...

Posted by Krist | September 20, 2008 3:06 PM

haha just watched "american hardcore" the other day, did not realize this band had reunited

Posted by Anonymous | September 20, 2008 4:07 PM

theyve reunited before, a few times. And they sucked. Krist was the only attraction.

Lame.

Posted by Anonymous | September 20, 2008 5:10 PM

Anon 3:04 and 3:06 please go fuck each other you clueless no nothings.

Anon 5:10 Flipper far from sucked the few times i saw them reunited.

The new album produced by Jack Endino sounds very interesting

Posted by Anonymous | September 20, 2008 7:24 PM

Flipper sucked everytime Ive seen them, but I wanted to see Krist.

Posted by Anonymous | September 20, 2008 8:05 PM

He's a "hack" because he's played in a multi-platinum group (unlike you), and he doesn't want to travel around in a van with a band (when he's probably already got a mill in the bank?).

Yeah, definitely worth making fun of that guy. It's one thing to be jealous of someone, but 3:04 & 3:06 are clearly losers who judge a situation without even knowing any of the facts. IE clueless.

Posted by Anonymous | September 21, 2008 8:20 AM

Krist was kicked off the tour for extreme hackness.

Posted by Anonymous | September 21, 2008 8:37 AM

Hacky sack!

Posted by Anonymous | September 21, 2008 8:42 AM

" he doesn't want to travel around in a van with a band (when he's probably already got a mill in the bank?)."

He shouldnt book an entire tour if that is true, and if he has a mill in thr bank, he can fly. You sound like another whining Nirvana fan. Let it go, listen to radiohead!

Posted by Anonymous | September 21, 2008 8:49 AM

RADIOHEAD=GOOD.
NIRVANA=LAME.

Posted by Anonymous | September 21, 2008 8:51 AM

Cut Copy and the Presets at Webster Hall tonight!

Posted by Anonymous | September 21, 2008 9:02 AM

I have alot more respect for Krist now. I am a fan, and I dont want to see him on tour with flipper. I think he canceled cause they suck.

Posted by Anonymous | September 21, 2008 9:04 AM

Will Shatter cannot be replaced! Especially by that hack!

Posted by Anonymous | September 21, 2008 9:06 AM

This is all rubbish, all these comments were posted by 'Anonymous' in consecutive minutes.

Posted by Charlie | September 21, 2008 11:13 AM

charlie must be new here

Posted by Anonymous | September 21, 2008 11:34 AM

welcome to BV chat charlie!

Posted by Anonymous | September 21, 2008 11:54 AM

I'm bummed about this, I was psyched to see Krist with Flipper.

sucks.

Posted by Anonymous | September 21, 2008 1:15 PM

i saw Flipper numerous times with Will Shatter, they were terrible then, the whole State Fair Steppenwolf reunion thing for punk bands is pretty sad

Posted by Anonymous | September 21, 2008 1:28 PM

Actually 8:49, I can't stand Nirvana. The most over-rated band on earth in my opinion. Come to think of it, much like Radiohead. So there. ;)

Posted by Anonymous | September 21, 2008 8:56 PM

I hear it was because they were caught in a tuna net.

Posted by GOPster | September 21, 2008 9:10 PM

How is there any connection to Radiohead???

Posted by Anonymous | September 22, 2008 8:02 AM

IF YOU "CAN'T STAND NIRVANA," AND YOU THINK RADIOHEAD IS OVER-RATED THAN I'M WILLING TO BET. . .YOUR MOM SUCKS COCKS IN HELL!!!

Posted by SFM | September 22, 2008 8:29 AM

damn this sucks

Posted by Anonymous | September 22, 2008 1:45 PM

nothing easier in a band to replace than the bass player...

Posted by Anonymous | September 22, 2008 2:48 PM

Bullshit!

Posted by Anonymous | September 22, 2008 5:21 PM

Just go see Local H!!

Posted by sid vicious | September 22, 2008 5:51 PM

Nirvana doesn't suck..Neither does Krist..Neither does Flipper! YOu fuckin suck!

Posted by Wilis | September 22, 2008 7:53 PM

Flipper should do the right thing and tour WITHOUT a bass player.

Falconi's guitar playing is one of the most mesmerizing, psychedelic trips of the past 30 years.

By the way, NIRVANA=good. Radiohead=crap.

Flipper rules, ok?

Posted by brett | September 23, 2008 1:04 AM

No point being in a tribute band, that would be tragic.

Flipper just trying to cash in on Krists notoriety.
Just having Krist in the band was a great way to promote a re-realease of there previous albums.

Their new material must not be any good because they are stuggling to find a label who will take them on.

I think this band will fade into oblivion like a good dose of opiates.

Posted by Ryan | September 23, 2008 5:50 AM

NOTHING EASIER THAN REPLACING A BASS PLAYER! ESPECIALLY NOVOSELIC! THAT HACK.

Posted by Anonymous | September 23, 2008 7:59 AM

Kurt is alive!

Posted by God | September 24, 2008 5:03 AM

Hate Hate Hate! I know why that sucks! I know why EVERYTHING sucks!Why doesnt anyone just let others just be and live and focus their energy on what they actually have enthusiam for...remember that? Or is that for"hippies" or am I like "not alowing you to ...like...have an OPINION maaaaaaaaan" With all this venom, does ANYBODY actually enjoy anything? You sound like a bunch of old women,and at the risk of sounding like a hater...Old women kinda suck! I think Radiohead are tuneless pretensious bores, but the people I know who love their music are basically alright, so I dont go out of my way to piss on their fucking parade.In courtesy,they dont bug me about my love of Wrasslin' and when I listen to old crooners,Manowar,or I.C.P. Seriously,their should be a license to use the internet(or at least an age limit) By the way, how is recording a new album and playing clubs and festivals a "State Fair Steppenwolf(who rule by the way,I bet John Kaye at 60-something is in better shape then a lot of you,he was never hard into drugs! besides they play biker rallies and package tours at amphitheatres mostly) thing? And why is it so pathetic to wane off in your later years still doin what you love for a farely lucrative living? Blue Oyster Cult stiil puts on a good show,so does Alice,Motorhead,Eric Burdon,Ray Davies,Peter Wolf,Bob Wier(AHH HIPPIES!) The Buzzcocks 2 years ago was one of the best reunited bands I ever seen. I just saw GBH tear it up a couple weeks ago in 100 degree heat inside The Shelter. Screw you haters,to quote Ian "What the fuck have you done"

Posted by Skippy | September 24, 2008 5:56 PM

Fuck me, what is this bullshit?

It's even managed to make it on to rolling stone. Who gives a fuck, Krist hasn't commented on it. + This article cites the bands my space site as a source and nothing on there either.

Krist isnt a hack

Posted by Anonymous | September 25, 2008 1:20 PM

Krist has done more since the demise of Nirvana than most of you hipsters did in your trust fund lives. How funny is it that people who (presumably) live in Brooklyn, home of the hack artist, is actually judging someone they know nothing about.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2008 1:53 PM

I have seen every New York City Flipper show since 1983. You had to see them every time they played to see if they were gonna be great or if they were gonna suck because Bruce would get way too drunk. This happened at The Cat Club which was called The Grand on July 1 1993, they played for only 40 minutes. However, on September 18 2006 they played CBGB's and played almost 2 hours, the show was incredible. 2 other memorable shows happened, the first on December 21 1984 at Peppermint Lounge 15th Street/5th Ave location, and ironically the night Kurt Cobain killed himself, April 8 1994 at New Music Cafe, both times played 90 minutes. Either you got it or you didn't. For them to cancel this tour sucks, I was looking forward to seeing them the Krist.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2008 4:44 PM

Novoselic is a 40-something family man with a wife and a buncha kids, and having proven himself to be an innovative professional in his musical standards, is very likely to be more comfortable in a studio coupled with occassioal live gigs, than as part of a road show. The unprofessional way to behave in this instance would be tocommit to a tour and drop out in the middle of it.

Professionals act that way.

Posted by ChuckyChatterbox | October 24, 2008 3:06 AM

Skippy, you rule.

Krist has been in other bands since Nirvana and is extremely active politically. Not the best bass player ever but he's done more than any of you will ever do in any of the terrible band's he was in post-Nirvana.

Also, with a family to take care of shit pops up. Stop being a bunch of art fags.

Posted by wingwalker77 | October 27, 2008 6:40 AM

What a bunch of retards commenting on here. Sound like a bunch of whining little kids. I was psyched to see Flipper for the first time, I'm only 24, so this really blows. I was looking forward to that Philly show. Radiohead blows!

Flipper still rules, ok?

Clueless little whining maggots

Posted by B | November 12, 2008 10:03 AM

flipper sucks so much. I put them in the same class as the Germs and The Melvins and Bikini Kill, Black Flag who also sucked. Radiohead doesnt even deserve to play music legally. To me a lot of these "legendary" bands sucked. Most of you guys over hyped them and made them God-Like. Flipper cant even play their instruments melodically. It honestly sounds like a guy talking shit over annoying noises. L7 rocked harder then Flipper could dream of, and they were chicks.

L7=Awesome
Nirvana=Awesome
The Wipers=Awesome
Mudhoney=Awesome

Krist Noveselic isnt a hack, he did more than anybody on this website who is BLOGGING in thier underwear will ever do in their lifetime. And he was a cog in one the greatest rock machines ever NIRVANA. He's got a family and bills to pay. Plus I think he could find a better band to play in. just my two cents.

Posted by pfdoshj | September 30, 2009 4:46 PM