Posted in music | pictures on September 24, 2008

My Bloody Valentine @ Roseland

My Bloody Valentine played their third of three NY reunion shows last night at Roseland Ballroom in NYC (9/23). It was incredible. More pictures below...

My Bloody Valentine @ Roseland

I wore my earplugs, but my ears are still ringing from that very long, extremely intense, possibly the loudest music I ever heard live, last song.

My Bloody Valentine - 2008 Tour Dates
09-21 Monticello, NY - Kutshers Country Club (ATP New York)
09-22 New York, NY - Roseland
09-23 New York, NY - Roseland
09-25 Toronto, Ontario - Ricoh
09-27 Chicago, IL - Aragon Ballroom
09-30 San Francisco, CA - The Concourse
10-01 Los Angeles, CA - Santa Monica Civic
10-02 Los Angeles, CA - Santa Monica Civic

i had the setlist last night! couldn't take a pic then? i would have liked to meet the vegan!

Posted by the delay | September 24, 2008 1:56 AM

Wow, that last tune was 18 minutes of madness/splendor/assault. Great show.

Posted by MJT | September 24, 2008 2:16 AM

"Slow" > "Soon" was just mind-blowing. A great show. I was sad when it was over (ie when the "Realise" jam started) and I wanted it to go on all night.

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 2:22 AM

I thought the 2nd night was 10x louder than the first night. Loved the first night, thought the sound quality was great, and no earplugs- only went to the back for the last song. Not so happy about sound tonight, had to head for the back much earlier - but still it was fantastic to be at these shows! Loved the 2 openers yesterday, but found the Lilys set to be disapointing, mainly due to bad sound.

Posted by Renee | September 24, 2008 2:23 AM

i didn't wear earplugs, and i'm glad i didn't. it was life-altering. i'm surprised i didn't go deaf, though i would have been glad to have had it happen at that show.

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 2:25 AM

worst pics of a show in BV history ..

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 2:44 AM

seems like they cranked it up for You Made Me Realise--up to that point, it was just a very very very loud rock show.

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 3:00 AM

"worst pics of a show in BV history .."

Is that why BV did not post a photo credit?

Also, all you fuckers who will experience acute permanent hearing loss as a result of this show, please kill yourselves rather than impose the resulting economic costs of your one night of entertainment on society.

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 3:02 AM

thank you "king of the fragmented sentences"

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 4:23 AM

seriously, are we complaining about free pics? And any asshole that says they would have gone deaf for any band is probably either not a true music fan or such a super fan that maybe you deserve to.

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 7:09 AM

Also, I don't think My Bloody Valentine allowed photographers. Chill.

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 7:18 AM

Wow.

I have never felt music like that. I like the last audience pic of the hands, the one that is cropped. The blurriness of it reminds me of the immense body massaging vibrations that was the essence of that musical experience. So effin' amazing.

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 7:42 AM

sound was fantastic from above the pit.
fuck you people who bought all the shirts on monday!!

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 7:56 AM

Now Im set for the rest of my life, disability hear I come!

Posted by LIRR worker | September 24, 2008 8:09 AM

anon 7:56am: of course they allowed photographers. i saw 4 photogs with Canon L lenses during the first 4 songs. people were shooting video, too.

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 8:23 AM

and by 7:56am I meant 7:18am.

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 8:25 AM

Fantastic night. Did anyone else catch the multiple fights almost break out to the right of the sound board?

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 8:46 AM

I think there are some really nice photographs up here.
Having to wear earplugs though i just don't get it.

Posted by gregory | September 24, 2008 8:48 AM

Stood next to the board and sound was great. (The crew was shooting digital video from there).

The show was truly an inspirational work of art -- like giant machines fighting in a thunderstorm. Had my earplugs in at first, but when they started into Come In Alone I had to take them out, potential hearing damage notwithstanding. It was like being so in love with someone that everything you know about safe behavior means less in the moment than your desire to be as intimate with them as possible.

Great to see the pix -- thx.

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 8:54 AM

Now all I need is a Flying Saucer Attack reunion tour.....

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 9:17 AM

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 9:19 AM

"Y'know that ringing in your ears? That 'eeeeeeeeee'? That's the sound of the ear cells dying, like their swan song. Once it's gone you'll never hear that frequency again. Enjoy it while it lasts." —Children of Men

why would any of you not wear ear plugs at these shows? the band made it a point to warn you, and a good set of ear plugs do not muffle sound at all.

Went to Monday night and it was by far the loudest show I've ever been to, and absolutely amazing.

Posted by Jonny Leather | September 24, 2008 9:27 AM

I thought they were one hundred times louder at ATP.

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 9:28 AM

8:54 -- and then you catch aural chlamydia.

Kidding of course. I know how you feel. I saw Boris at Knit and had to go sans earplugs for the same reason. risky but worth it.

til one day I wake up with blood pooled in my ear-well

Posted by Nestor, a Poet & Disease | September 24, 2008 9:29 AM

"Having to wear earplugs though i just don't get it."

what don't you get?

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 9:34 AM

Agree with 8:54. I took my plugs out at the end of the first song. Damn the (hearing loss) torpedoes.

Maybe it wasn't as loud where I waw in the mezz. section, but I did not get the same aural delight as when the plugs were in.

Ears ringing like a bastard right now, though.

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 9:35 AM

"8:54 -- and then you catch aural chlamydia."

oral?

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 9:37 AM

I"m with you on the FSA reunion, 9:17am. One of the best shows I ever went to was Stereolab, Drive Like Jehu, Prolapse, and Flying Saucer Attack at the Electric Ballroom in London.

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 9:40 AM

i just wish the jesus and mary chain reunion was this loud. those pussies.

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 9:46 AM

not as loud as Man-O-War and Motorhead at the Ritz...

although yeah, the full spectrum of frequencies they went through at the end was pretty fucking fantastic, I think they made every organ (not to mention teeth) in my body resonate at one point or another.

if you liked this noise I suggest you search youtube for Incapacitants, Deathroes, Demons, Merzbow and go from there...

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 9:47 AM

Loud, brutal, and lovely. What a great show!

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 9:50 AM

Aural: of or pertaining to hearing or the ear

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 9:51 AM

so bummed about the lilys set (I could have used some zero population and eccsame AFTER the main attraction) but MBV were great. definitely loudest sonic experience i've had. it was rad to feel the bass rise up in your throat and through your sternum until it felt like it was going to snap; reminded me of Young's Dream House but obviously more severe.

Posted by Melanie Bush | September 24, 2008 9:53 AM

Radiohead Kid A Cd Release show 10/11/2000 > Last night

but that was definitely the loudest show I've been to....

Setlist

National Anthem (with full brass ensemble!!)
Morning Bell
Just
Everything in its Right Place

(encore)
I Might Be wrong
Karma Police
The Bends
Pyramid Song (title confirmed by Thom)

(second encore - thom, colin, jonny only)
Motion Picture Soundtrack

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 10:07 AM

If you went to see them a second time and think it wasn't as loud, you're probably experiencing hearing loss.

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 10:08 AM

"So what's the deal with them not playing Sometimes? Do they have a history of not playing it live?"

Sometimes

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 10:23 AM

some assholes kept screaming to turn up the vocals.. they obviously don't listen to my bloody valentine..

I still don't get why people pay $60 for a concert ticket and feel the need to scream at the band and the soundman.

otherwise amazing show - the end section made me feel like someone punched me in the throat during the low freq. fragments. girls were huddling in front of me holding their ears and bending down trying to escape the noise. I stood there smiling. saw a bunch of dudes without earplugs, I don't know what they were trying to prove... idiocy?

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 10:24 AM

Wow, you saw Radiohead? We're so proud, douchebag. Thanks for the setlist from 8 years ago, that has a lot to do with last night.

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 10:25 AM

I didn't go to the Monday show, but I didn't think it was that loud until the noise jam at the end. At that point I put in earplugs haha.

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 10:25 AM

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 10:29 AM

Posted by slob | September 24, 2008 10:30 AM

dear slob.

you miss the point completely.

best,
jan janson

Posted by jan janson | September 24, 2008 10:42 AM

Amazing. Except for those two coked up douchebags in the front left. One kept tapping this poor guy in the back of the head. Only the douchebag thought is was funny. I think they thought Limp Bizkit was playing last night.

Posted by anon | September 24, 2008 10:45 AM

I was at home during these two shows and, just for safety's sake, put earplugs in from 8:00 - 11:45 PM. Can't be too careful these days.

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 10:52 AM

I thought the sound was amazing, and I wore earplugs after letting myself go "raw" for the first couple of songs. It was hard to actually hear the vocals, but they were usually just audible enough to follow. I couldn't stop myself from singing the songs in my head anyway- was hard to tell what I actually heard and what I was imagining, but that somehow seemed appropriate.

MBV was like the sun last night. Beautiful, but you don't want to stand too close or stare directly at it. I can't imagine what the end sounded like without earplugs. I felt like they were the only thing keeping my brain from melting.

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 10:58 AM

"How stupid can it get. They play so loud that they have to recommend to wear earplugs??? That makes no sense at all. If you need to compete being the loudest band ever, look at Disaster Area (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy) and try to top that.
How about playing not so loud, because, if everyone wears earplugs they only get a muffled sound. So, if they would play a bit less loud people could go without earplugs and get the full sound. Maybe they need to hide their crappy sound."

you idiot

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 10:59 AM

Please elaborate, JJ, because I don't see a point there.
If I want to get my guts into vibration I can go to a Boris show, no earplugs required.

Posted by slob | September 24, 2008 11:02 AM

The shows sucked. Overpricing it made it worse.

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 11:02 AM

Best show I've seen in my life. Some fans around me could've mistaken me for a coked up douchebag but the music and visuals were just THAT good.

Posted by KeithHopkin | September 24, 2008 11:07 AM

There is almost no way to describe just what the difference is when you took your earplugs out, but it really made for a whole new level of experiencing the show. I kept them in for the first song, and took them out as the second one started. It was almost frightening at first, to be witness to that level of intensity, but your whole body reacts to it. It was truly incredible.

The lights were equally intense, so bright as to be nearly painful. I know this is a cheesy analogy, but it's like that idea that if you ever heard the voice of god, it would be too much for your body and your consciousness to even process. I mean, when you push your senses to the threshold like that, you allow a whole new plain of experience to kick in. Quite literally, you hear and feel frequencies that you have never heard before.

I've spent well over 10 years waiting for the chance to see this band, and surprisingly it managed to live up to all expectations. Seeing that show live, you understand just how much more they were trying to accomplish with that music. I realize now just why they thought it was so silly that they were lumped in with all the other "shoegaze" bands, because what they were doing was so much more ambitious sonically than anything else. There are layers to that music that you can't really even tap into unless you experience it live.

Easily the best live show I've ever witnessed.

Posted by bd | September 24, 2008 11:08 AM

Slob, were you even there?

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 11:08 AM

"you idiot"

I know that BV is only read by sophisticated, elitist people.
Thanks

Posted by slob | September 24, 2008 11:09 AM

Yeah, I just wish the vocals were a little louder. I mean I love the aesthetic of the vocals just sort of washing over the top of the music like a soft not in the giant chord. But I love their voices, particularly belinda butchers, so much. from where i was on the floor stage left, I could barely make out anything. My friend said it was like they took us to dinner without taking us home and doing us. Nevertheless, beautiful show. the Realise aural assault was amazing, took me to a place i've always wanted at a show but didn;t even know. Amazing. Like the end of the world.

Posted by 22Hz | September 24, 2008 11:10 AM

I went to all 3 shows. The 1st night at Roseland was the best.

Posted by Jenna | September 24, 2008 11:23 AM

What time did Daft Punk go on?

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 11:34 AM

I went to one of the three shows. Last night was the best.

-Penis

Posted by penis | September 24, 2008 11:43 AM

hated this show, but have been a fan of the band since '93. just very very disappointed it wasn't the second coming of christ.

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 11:52 AM

If any one didn't make the show and wants to replicate it at home just invite a thousand people to your studio apt., have someone snap a flash blub in your face every two seconds and play MBV at the loudest possible volume with the vocals mixed down to almost nothing.

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 12:09 PM

Someone told me the army is considering using live recordings of MBV's "You Made Me Realise" for use in crowd disbursement and as a non-lethal combat weapon. Not only did I shit my own pants during that song, I shit someone else's as well.

Posted by Brian Farrelly | September 24, 2008 12:11 PM

Awesome show!! Only other time I saw them was with Screaming Trees/Dinosaur Jr and MBV headlining.. I was like 18 years old.. 93? @ the Ritz (studio54). And back then it was LOUD. I think louder than last night. I stayed towards the back, and glad I did.. I thought they sounded better than when I saw them years ago personally. Great show.. but please MBV lower the sound. my ears are ok but only as of 12pm!

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 12:31 PM

I also wished the vocals could have been louder but that's the sacrifice for the sheer volume of everything else. Sound mixers always complain about quietly sung vocals because they can't jack them up very much in the mix if everything else on-stage is loud since it'll cause feedback. So since MBV is insanely loud at all times, there's just no way to get the vocals up anymore in the mix...they'd have to just sing louder but then that would be weird too since that's the antithesis of their vocal style. But anyway...in my opinion it's a small price to pay for the most visceral live music experience of my life!

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 12:44 PM

I don't think people realize that the sound really depended upon where you stood in the room. If you were close to the stage, you really couldn't hear the vocals, they went past you. I stood directly behind the sound booth in the middle of the room and it sounded perfect. I could hear all of the vocals and everything else.

Posted by Likes It Loud | September 24, 2008 12:57 PM

What's this have to do with Radiohead?

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 1:06 PM

I REALLY ENJOYED THE SHOW but...

every instrument came through very clearly, and when i took my earplugs out, i could hear lots of details and layers in the sound. this was sonic bliss. but the vocals were buried way too deep (they might as well not sing, really), and i don't think one can blame the soundboard people because everything else sounded really crisp. this lack of vocals stripped the music of an entire dimension; we were shortchanged. and i know mbv is all about the volume, but they could turn it down to the point where it's still very loud but we can hear without earplugs and not risk permanent hearing damage (ok, maybe turn it all the way up for the 20-min finale). it's a little myopic on their part.

ok haters, come out!

Posted by c'mon | September 24, 2008 1:17 PM

That Realise perf is the only time music has made me explore my body and its resonance.

I was next to the speakers, and they sounded blown, like car stereo blown. The sound was good, but there was another layer of staticky, speaker noise with everything.

Having the vocals buried in the mix was a drag, especially with two singers/vocal parts.

Yah, not sure what the deal is with cranking the sound up to where people need earplugs. But if part of the point is to encourage earplug use in general, mission accomplished. People should be wearing plugs at half that volume, right?

Posted by Anonymal | September 24, 2008 1:25 PM

Great show. Not $60 great though.

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 1:44 PM

earplugs are ALWAYS a good idea at a rock show. I was up front and I was amazed at least half the people there didn't have hearing protection.

can't guess why people were surprised by vocals layered deep behind the guitars, since that's always part of MBV's sound, on record and live. I was singing along to "When You Sleep" and realized after 17 years of loving that song I still have no idea what the words are.

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 1:45 PM

It is really annoying to hear people complaining about not hearing the vocals, especially with an act like mbv. If that is so important to you, why not just go to a cabaret act? I was at a recent Feelies show - and some people started screaming for louder vocals - so they raised the volume of the vocals, and it was really disconcerting. The really loud vocals made the Feelies almost start to sound like a Las Vegas lounge act!

Posted by Renee | September 24, 2008 2:15 PM

Now that's an idea: A MBV cabaret lounge performance. When does the presale start? Thanks Renee!

Posted by c'mon | September 24, 2008 2:23 PM

I thoroughly enjoyed last nights show! Despite coke head jocks, fights,musical aficionados who have to analyze every chord or the vocal quality, future fans who won’t be able to hear any music because they were to cool to wear ear plugs in an 115db environment, 6 buck Budweisers, Radiohead fans, cheapskates……………….. did someone actually compare the show to a segment of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?!! What the F?!

Posted by 2DK | September 24, 2008 2:31 PM

^^^I'm with ya 2DK!

Posted by blackhat | September 24, 2008 2:38 PM

2DK: We're discussing a My Bloody Valentine show on a blog post about said show. What else did you expect to find here?

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 2:38 PM

Not that I expected anything; but come, on comparing a MBV concert to a sci fi movie?! I'm just saying that I enjoyed the show even though apparently I was surrounded by whiners’ and complainers. Sniffle, sniffle.

Posted by 2DK | September 24, 2008 2:43 PM

did anyone buy the $125 shirt?

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 2:49 PM

I thought the Disaster Area comparison was funny, though I disagree with just about everything that guy (slob) said.

I was surprised to hear about the crowd not being loud and appreciative enough on the previous nights. When I took my earplugs out at the end of Realise, I was blown away by the thunderous applause and cheering I could suddenly hear.

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 3:04 PM

the staff were caught completely off guard, nothing was funnier than the dumbfounded looks on the security guards faces like "What the fuck did I just get into". People without earplugs were huddled on the ground, holding their ears cowering from the power of that beautiful noise. I have never been near anything like painfully loud, my fillings were rattling. And im left feeling that so much of that show and life is just white noise.

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 3:07 PM

seeing mbv my fourth time (the first time at Maxwells in 1988 or was it 1989, I think the mix and the sound on Tuesday was pretty awful. I read that they spent $400,00 on gear. They got ripped off and I feel as the show got louder and louder so did we.

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 3:21 PM

Mmm, maybe you just got too old.

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 3:28 PM

What was the purpose of the plexiglass (glass?) screens on stage? Were they there to direct or mask sound between the members of the band? I was curious about that and can't recall seeing those at other shows. They're visible in some of the photos above.

Posted by Plexi | September 24, 2008 3:33 PM

the vocals are /always/ mixed down. thats MBV.

openers sucked, didn't care for it.

i had earplugs in since the openers played, and i pulled one out to adjust during MBV and almost instantly went deaf. absolutely the loudest music i've heard loud. you could feel it. thats reason enough for me.

Posted by justin | September 24, 2008 4:12 PM

There's a difference between mixed low and mixed nonexistent. I was right in front of the speaker, and without seeing them, I couldn't tell if anyone was singing or who was singing. To me, that's mixed out of the mix.

Posted by Anonymal | September 24, 2008 4:30 PM

KEVIN SHIELDS CANT SING! GOD, WHY ARE YOU DISCUSSING THIS? IF YOU ARE A TRUE MBV FAN, YOU KNEW HE COULD NOT SING ALREADY.

THINK HOW BAD MBV WOULD SOUND IF YOU HAD HEARD THE VOCALS! HAAH

THEY'RE NO RADIOHEAD. RADIOHEAD IS THE ONLY BAND WORTH LISTENING TO.

Posted by Greg | September 24, 2008 4:34 PM

Last night was worse than the Jesus and Mary Chain show!

hoo wah!

Posted by Al | September 24, 2008 4:37 PM

The JAMC show must've been damn good then. I thought last night was transcendent.

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 4:47 PM

MBV we good enough. Mix was bad. Light design was over the top and cheesy. Great physical sound assault but overall it was a much better experience 16 years ago...

Belinda Butcher is still a babe, 100% MILF-alicious IMHO. I still don't get how Colm Ó Cíosóig was banging Hope Sandoval.

Posted by great satan | September 24, 2008 4:48 PM

@ great satan | September 24, 2008 4:48 PM

amazed to agree, but 100% right on everything

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 4:59 PM

Maybe my hearing has already been shot to hell but I didn't put my earplugs on until the last part of You Made Me Realize, and I could hear just fine right after the show..

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 5:04 PM

BREAKING: someone thinks the MBV show they saw in the heyday of their youth, on the heels of the release of Loveless, was better than last night's.

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 5:12 PM

I thought the show was pretty good, and it was worth it for the experience alone. Though, some fucked up asshole passed out and crashed into the back of my head which sucked.

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 6:00 PM

who taped the shows? when will i get a copy?

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 6:00 PM

You know, there's a lot of exaggeration going on. I went all night without ear plugs and I wasn't rolling on the ground in pain. Yes it's ringing away in there today, but it wasn't painful. They don't play the sorts of frequencies and sounds that cause pain at that level, it's just something beautiful when turned up. I was really impressed by the 'Realise' section and I'm sure it was great with the ear plugs in, but it was an amazing experience without.

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 6:10 PM

radiohead *are* that good. stop it.

Posted by grace6697 | September 24, 2008 7:58 PM

I was there....

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 8:02 PM

I personally never understood the fuss about Radiohead.and I agree that the Jesus & Mary Chain reunion shows were awful. Night 1 of MBV would be among my top favorite shows.

Posted by Renee | September 24, 2008 8:20 PM

What?

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 8:37 PM

classic disaster area name drop! adams ftw!!!

Posted by drew | September 24, 2008 9:06 PM

DUDE, MY EARS FUCKING BLED!

is the new

DUDE, I WAS SO FUCKING WASTED!

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 9:22 PM

Second night was the best! Did anybody put a timer on for the feedback solo during You Made Me Relize?

Posted by yancy | September 24, 2008 10:05 PM

who has an extra shirt for me? what a bummer that was. why they didnt hold back a certain amount for each night is beyond me. they would have sold them all anyways. especially at $25. damn.

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 10:48 PM

I was gonna buy the $125 shirt until I saw the pin guy downstairs.

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 11:04 PM

those dinosaur jr pins were so nice tooo

Posted by Anonymous | September 25, 2008 12:08 AM

The feedback 'solo' lasted pretty much 15 mintues exactly, a little longer.

Posted by Anonymous | September 25, 2008 12:41 AM

mbv were mediocre. not even close to the show that radiohead and nirvana played in my basement a few weeks ago.

setlist:

1. one more time
2. aerodynamic
3. digital love
4. harder, better, faster, stronger
5. crescendolls
6. nightvision
7. superheroes (w/ brass ensemble)
8. high life
9. something about us
10. voyager
11. verdis quo
12. short circuit
13. face to face
14. too long (featuring thurston moore)

Encore:

beethoven's ninth

Posted by hipstar | September 25, 2008 2:14 AM

Posted by Anonymous | September 25, 2008 2:24 AM

^^
I totally agree w/ this post. The show was still amazing. Never seen or heard anything like that. Also, I feel for all those people that didn't bring ear plugs. Yeah, all of you w/ your hands over your ears during the final 18 minutes.

Posted by Anonymous | September 25, 2008 2:31 AM

Worth every damn penny of the ticket cost.

People got to see a dream show realized.

I mean, seriously? Complaints? Jerks.

Posted by Pete | September 25, 2008 8:43 AM

Radiohead blows.

Posted by Anonymous | September 25, 2008 10:23 AM

Why are people hating radiohead? I don't really like them but this is a MBV show? Totally different bands!!!!

Posted by Anonymous | September 25, 2008 10:32 AM

"By the way, there's much more out there than Radiohead, they're aren't even that good."

WERD.

Posted by Anonymous | September 25, 2008 10:38 AM

"My Bloody Valentine will perform the coveted sunset slot on the mainstage immediately before Radiohead at Coachella number ten on April 18th. This is a definite since the band committed to perform while backstage at the Roseland Ballroom."

eh?

Posted by Anonymous | September 25, 2008 10:54 AM

"I get what MBV are about, vocal-wise. But the vocals could have been a little louder. At times it was hard to hear them at all, and I don't think that's what they're aiming for. If so, why sing at all? I just don't think it was possible to get the vocals any louder."

I saw them in the 80's, the vocals were also hard to understand. This is what they wanted.

Posted by Anonymous | September 25, 2008 11:04 AM

They didn't let me in with my camera on the first night. I tried to talk the security guys into letting me in for like ten minutes, but no-go. They deemed my camera too professional. "The band only wants people in there with point and shoots. Anybody with a pro camera has been approved by production." I had to go home and come back or leave my camera battery with them. And my camera doesn't use batteries.

PS-
"I still don't get how Colm Ó Cíosóig was banging Hope Sandoval."

I wish they would continue to bang so that we could some more records and tours out of them. The Warm Inventions were great.

Posted by Aaron | September 25, 2008 12:42 PM

Posted by tMo | September 25, 2008 12:58 PM

"I think they should hand out the lyrics at the door...MBV are ALL about the lyrics to me"

LOL

Posted by Anonymous | September 26, 2008 9:46 AM

i would like to see photos of the VIP section since thats where i was

owned

Posted by babs | September 26, 2008 1:39 PM

MBV was beyond amazing. beautiful, brutal,and scary. they were ahead of there time when they first appeared in the late 80's, come back it 2008 and still take everybody to school, I saw monday(09/22/08) show with my son, who was very impressed, am I a cool dad or what? brooklyn vegan thanks for the pics

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2008 8:33 AM

Man, I absolutely loved reading your blogpost. You have convinced me to subscribe to your blog, but where can I find the RSS feed?

Posted by jocuri | August 31, 2012 9:32 AM