Posted in music | pictures on September 22, 2008

words by Black Bubblegum, photos by Abbey Braden for atp 2008

My Bloody Valentine

On my way back to stage one from Brian Jonestown Massacre, ATP staffers were passing out a specific type of earplug chosen by My Bloody Valentine for distribution at their performance. Dope. After much fanfare, and a loooot of stage set-up and waiting, My Bloody Valentine entered the stage to chants of "MBV!" around 12:40 AM (Sunday night, Monday morning).

One word. Devastating.

My Bloody Valentine

My Bloody Valentine's thoroughly enjoyable live show closely resembles their output: dreamy vocals by both Kevin & Belinda lay low in the mix with melody tucked under layers upon dense hunks of fuzz. Visuals matched their sonic aesthetic in both the serene (projectons behind them) and confrontational (the blinding, pulsing light show). The band mostly stuck to their rhythm parts and played along with sampled leads, which was evident throughout the whole set but came unglued for a ever-so-brief moment when drummer Colm Ó Cíosóig fell slightly behind a pre-recorded hi-hat (I would have chalked it up to random echo if I didn't see his cringe-y reaction).

Call me a sadist, but I dared to pull my ear plugs out a few times... just to get a sense of what they were really doing. It didn't last long, and to be perfectly frank, it was hard to even make out anything without some sort of protection. That said, if you are heading to see them Monday or Tuesday, I will reiterate.... make sure you have some earplugs! You'll enjoy the show more and you're gonna fucking need 'em to endure their noisy 20-odd minute climax.

My Bloody Valentine

My Bloody Valentine @ Kutscher's - 9/21/2008 - setlist (via)

01 "I Only Said"
02 "When You Sleep"
03 "You Never Should"
04 "When You Wake"
05 "Cigarette In Your Bed"
06 "Come In Alone"
07 "Only Shallow"
08 "Thorn"
09 "Nothing Much To Lose"
10 "To Here Knows When"
11 "Blown A Wish"
12 "Slow"
13 "Soon"
14 "Feed Me With Your Kiss"
15 "Sue Is Fine"
16 "You Made Me Realise"
This was our second post about MBV's ATP set. The first is HERE. And for coverage of the entire weekend at Kutscher's, make sure you visit http://www.brooklynvegan.com/tag/ATP

Thank you for this much more proper review and pics. : ) I'm excited for tomorrow.

Posted by Anonymous | September 22, 2008 5:19 PM

best set i've ever seen.

Posted by Anonymous | September 22, 2008 5:19 PM

anybody know of any boots floating around on the internets? i would love to listen to this show.

Posted by cranky | September 22, 2008 5:33 PM

where's RUDE BEAR???

Posted by Anonymous | September 22, 2008 5:47 PM

no boots yet of this show, but i found this site on the band's message board with a bunch of older bootleg shows, and one from the london gigs:

Posted by Anonymous | September 22, 2008 5:53 PM

It really was an amazing show. Maybe not the best I've ever seen, but definitely one of the most intense.

Musically, they totally exceeded my expectations. Yeah there were lots of tape loops and the vocals were buried waaay in the mix, but I was too busy having my face melted off to care too much. I could literally feel the soundwaves slapping my face. Brutally gorgeous in all the right ways. It also helped that the main room at Kutsher's had some of the best acoustics I've ever heard -- I'm terrified about what will happen at Roseland, but I hope it holds up.

BTW, I can't stress the earplug advice enough. I was using the MBV-approved pair for almost the entire show and my ears still feel like they're stuffed with wads of cotton. Oh well... small price to pay.

Posted by maitai | September 22, 2008 6:21 PM

wfmu b'cast alot of the atp shows, but no mnv. anyone tape yo la? dino jr? bjm?

Posted by Anonymous | September 22, 2008 6:23 PM

Wow, kinda disappointing to hear that the drummer can't play his own fucking hi-hat.

Posted by Anonymous | September 22, 2008 7:01 PM

Pictures are nice, but their performance sucked ass

Posted by Anonymous | September 22, 2008 7:12 PM

Three more days... I'm dying in anticipation.

Posted by Mark B. | September 22, 2008 7:44 PM

I don't remember them playing "Blown A Wish" or "Sue Is Fine".

Posted by Anonymous | September 22, 2008 8:23 PM

good to hear about the earplugs.

any earplugs will help and make you hear the music BETTER! people don't seem to realize this or think they wont have problems. that'll last until you get a ringing in your ears that will never go away.

i learned my lesson but unfortunately i've been listening to ringing 24/7 for 3 years straight now and am roughly 10-15% deaf in my R/L ears.

Posted by Anonymous | September 22, 2008 8:34 PM

Fantastic set. I thought I was ready for the 20 minute wall-of-sound finale, but nothing can really prepare you for that kind of thing.

Posted by Anonymous | September 22, 2008 8:37 PM

Yeah, nothing can prepare you for people hitting their instruments randomly for 20 minutes, at volumes that cause physical pain. It was so fucking brilliant! I had no idea losing my hearing could be so much fun! Fucking assholes.

Posted by Anonymous | September 22, 2008 8:43 PM

"I don't remember them playing "Blown A Wish" or "Sue Is Fine".

I don't either. As I remembered it, they went right from Soon to Feed me with your kiss to you made me reailze. Other than those two that were not played I think the setlist is right.

I don't think they dub the drums at all. On a few of the bootlegs you can hear false starts and hear exactly what the recorded loops are. They are generally the repeated riffs like the one in I Only Said that goes eeeoowee-eeeooowee. I heard them rehearsing that at about 2 yesterday and they were practicing starting the song in sync with the recording. They would need a fifth member to play that part if they were to play it live.

Posted by Raindog | September 22, 2008 8:47 PM

7:01 - i guess you play drums...perfectly....everytime.
to play rhythm to this wash of bliss is an admirable duty to me.

cant wait to see them tomorrow night!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous | September 22, 2008 8:55 PM

hmmm over rated much

Posted by Anonymous | September 22, 2008 9:15 PM

7:01 - really tough to play along to a pre-recorded hi hat pattern, with the other loops going on and insane stage volume. considering he does wild fills every other bar and his performance was otherwise perfect, shut the fuck up.

Posted by Anonymous | September 22, 2008 9:38 PM

what were the MBV approved plugs? what brand?

I am generally a fan of the etymotic er20 but might use some EARCO tomorrow.

Posted by Anonymous | September 22, 2008 9:48 PM

MBV played a way faster and with much more low end heavy drum rolls than I expected. Unfortunately, the sound mixer was way over his head and was bugging out over Dinosaur JR's set (no vocals for J Mascis 1st 1 1/2 songs) and was not much better for MBV. But the performances were both f*cking incredible!

My biggest peeve about this whole weekend was the lack of any crowd energy by 97% of the peeps that made the trip. Although there was a small swelling of moshing and crowdsurfing for Dinosaur JR., everyone looked half-dead and bored for MBV, even though their set was rare, amazing and powerful. All you schmos stroking your beard and making immature snide comments would be so much better served focusing your mind and more importantly your body on the music instead of your ego. No hands in the air, no movement, no visible enjoyment. And to see the entire black-rimmed glasses contingent push and shove to get to the front row only to leave after the 3rd song, you guys (and gals) are killing the music, killing it. The disposable nature of music and culture (and social networking matrices) in the last 10 years has seemed rot the heart of great rock shows, audience participation.

Teddy Rudexpin was down tho

Posted by siggy | September 22, 2008 10:23 PM

What time did they go on tonight at Roseland and what time did it end?

Thx.

Posted by Tito | September 22, 2008 10:27 PM

they went on a few minutes after 10 and wrapped up at about 11:25.

Posted by lauren | September 22, 2008 11:43 PM

Just got back from roseland...

MBV went on at 10pm.

it was great... the sound was better than kutschers, and the audience were more enthusiastic tonight.

Jay Mascis played too. that was awesome!

Posted by Anonymous | September 22, 2008 11:48 PM

ROSELAND RULED.

Posted by Anonymous | September 23, 2008 12:23 AM

anyone got photos?

Posted by Anonymous | September 23, 2008 12:24 AM

Roseland was kind of lame. The crowd was extremely non grateful and quiet. The noise fest at the end blew something (bass amp?) and it got kind of quiet towards the end and everyone wasn't sure if it was over. Seemed like a somewhat short set. I heard zero vocals on 80% the songs. I guess being close to the front is always a risk for that. Learn how to fill the front with vocals mr. FOH. Roseland, never seen a great show there. This was close, but I call it just good. What did shields say about the PA at the end? That it sucked knob?

Posted by Anonymous | September 23, 2008 12:28 AM

different set list tonight?

Posted by Anonymous | September 23, 2008 12:29 AM

and J Mascis sucks!

Posted by Anonymous | September 23, 2008 12:34 AM

tonight was a beautiful bloody experience

Posted by Anonymous | September 23, 2008 12:39 AM

Kevin Shields sucks knob.

Posted by Anonymous | September 23, 2008 12:40 AM

it was great but the vocals were not heard any better toward the back either.

Posted by grace6697 | September 23, 2008 12:44 AM

the sound was better in the back by the bar.

Posted by Anonymous | September 23, 2008 12:48 AM

I thought the sound was surprisingly great!

Posted by Anonymous | September 23, 2008 12:50 AM

cool visuals,..

Posted by Anonymous | September 23, 2008 12:56 AM

I couldn't hear ANY guitar tonight. I was in the middle.

Posted by Anonymous | September 23, 2008 1:03 AM

If anyones trying to get tic kets for tomorrow night, people were giving away tickets outside the club after 10.

Posted by Lynn | September 23, 2008 1:06 AM

the sound was way better on Bedford Ave

Posted by Anonymous | September 23, 2008 1:06 AM

best set i've ever seen.

Posted by Anonymous | September 23, 2008 1:07 AM

Kevin Shields looks dead.

Posted by Anonymous | September 23, 2008 1:09 AM

\LOUDDD

Posted by Anonymous | September 23, 2008 1:19 AM

Great set tonight. A lot different than the Ritz show way back, but good.

Posted by Anonymous | September 23, 2008 1:30 AM

I can still feel that twenty minute noise session pounding in my head. the concept was dope and I understand that they are supposed to be one of loudest live bands and they need to maintain there image and all but it's so loud you can't really distinguish one song from the next, just overwhelming fuzz. I can't say it wasn't worth it. Oh, and the free earplugs were totally crap. Bring your own if you have em.

Posted by Anonymous | September 23, 2008 1:46 AM

Posted by Anonymous | September 23, 2008 4:57 AM

Best shows of 2008
1) Radiohead at APW 2nd Night
2) MBV at Roseland
3) Sigur Ros at Grand Ballroom

Yours?

Posted by Anonymous | September 23, 2008 7:31 AM

1 Cut Copy last sunday
2. Sigur Ros at Grand Ballroom
3 Puressence - Mercury Lounge

Posted by Anonymous | September 23, 2008 7:42 AM

Pavement sucks.

Posted by Anonymous | September 23, 2008 7:57 AM

the only band that inspired more shitty bands than MBV, is Pavement.

great show last night! see you again tonight.

Posted by Ibold | September 23, 2008 8:06 AM

excellent comment above.

Posted by Anonymous | September 23, 2008 8:14 AM

did anyone buy the $125 shirt?

Posted by Anonymous | September 23, 2008 8:19 AM

"the only band that inspired more shitty bands than MBV, is Pavement."

true true.

Posted by Anonymous | September 23, 2008 8:42 AM

Pavement rocks you hipster dipshits.

Posted by Anonymous | September 23, 2008 8:53 AM

1) my morning jacket, radio city
2) spiritualized, terminal 5
3) wolf parade (2d night), terminal 5

Posted by Eli | September 23, 2008 9:06 AM

MBV blew the f'in' roof off of Roseland last night! They played a great set of tunes from "Loveless" and "Isn't Anything," only slowing down here and there with what may have been some unfamiliar new material. Bilinda and Kevin stood up there like understated, godlike statues bringing sonic death down upon our heads while Debbie and Colm headbanged like animals. Vocals were of course low in the mix but you could pull them out of the miasma.

I was shocked at the decent sound quality! Even the "noise holocaust" of the extended "you made me realise" sounded great. I was standing on the left side near the middle, right underneath the dropped ceiling/mezzanine. The ear plugs they provided were ok but I used my own. No decernable hearing damage after the show or today. Whew!

I highly recommend sticking around through the entire sonic explosion at the end. Hold yr arms up and feel the air move your skin - and the bass vibrate yer innards! All in all, a very satisfying experience. I'd see 'em again (for cheaper ticket price).

Posted by Anonymous | September 23, 2008 9:06 AM

BTW the thunderous noise of the extended "You Made Me Realise" lasted for exactly 12 minutes. They also had cool, minimal visuals projecting onto the screen behind them.

Posted by Anonymous | September 23, 2008 9:10 AM

i am a big fan of the loud rock music. mogwai was insane at atp. i am a big fan of mbv. they sounded terrible. too loud. painful. i walked out.

Posted by Anonymous | September 23, 2008 9:16 AM

all i have to say is that compared to the atp performance last night completely completely pales in comparison. I'm considering trying to go tonight again. The fucking crowd last night was ridiculous. I was standing very close to the front and there were two incredibly intoxicated/tripping people pushing everyone up here the entire time. People in front were dancing, it's not like they were standing there with their arms crossed, but these idiots were completely ruining the performance. All the people in front of me kept kissing each other and raising their arms as well and I can't even imagine what kevin must have though of the front row. He was visibly pissed when the amps blew - three of them did - his and then bilinda's. I'm just happy I saw them sunday because i am really really bummed about last night's show.

Posted by Anonymous | September 23, 2008 9:33 AM

Ok used my own plugs (hearos) and didnt notice it being louder than a normal loud show. I bet Motorhead was just as loud and damaging as this show. Indie fans dont go to metal shows for the most part so that is maybe where the problem comes in. But even Animal Collective which was stupid loug I think last year at Webster Hall was as loud as this. And FYI the loudest show by far in recent years that I attended was Tool at City Center and that was measured at 140 dB's according to the sound board guy.

and the "noise holocaust" reminded me of Demons set at the Knit during no fun fest. Overall the last part was by far the best part of the night, though Im not a huge MBV fan. I rate the show pretty good.

My 3 favorite shows this year:

No Fun Fest at the Knit
Midsummer Party
Back to School party

Posted by Anonymous | September 23, 2008 9:35 AM

Potentially I over-hyped the show given I waited to see MBV for 10 years, but I was underwhelmed by quality (although overwhelmed by volume). Not sure if it was the band's fault entirely. I think the vocals were completely drowned out by the sound people. Not that one would expect vocals to dominate, but I found myself singing the songs in my head just to incorporate the melody over the crushing guitars.

Still, very glad I went. There were certainly moments where I was blown away by how great of a band they are.

Posted by Anonymous | September 23, 2008 9:35 AM

What did you all expect! They're not Radiohead!

Posted by Anonymous | September 23, 2008 9:42 AM

Kevin's no Thom Yorke!

Posted by Anonymous | September 23, 2008 9:44 AM

RADIOHEAD IS THE COOLEST!

Posted by Anonymous | September 23, 2008 9:45 AM

The ATP show sucked balls. The roseland show was better, but still sucked balls. Tonight will be the same.

Posted by DaTroof | September 23, 2008 9:46 AM

Bring yr shades (an extra ear plugs, just in case) to the show tonight if you're sensitive to mind-blasting strobe lights.

Posted by Anonymous | September 23, 2008 9:55 AM

so you guys think that the vocals were "too low in the mix" and the sound was "too loud"... at a my bloody valentine show? did you even know what you were buying tickets for?

the show was totally incredible, despite some blown amps and poorly run visuals. MBV completely fulfilled all of the legend that has built up around them over the past two decades. i agree the audience was a little difficult/trashed, and didn't give the band nearly as much vocal appreciation as they ought to have.

Posted by Anonymous | September 23, 2008 9:55 AM

Projection guy was smoking crack during.

Posted by Anonymous | September 23, 2008 10:17 AM

Huh they didn't play Sometimes? How could they not?

Posted by Anonymous | September 23, 2008 10:17 AM

I wasnt smoking crack!

Posted by projection guy | September 23, 2008 10:21 AM

oh yeah the technical difficulties, glad you mentioned them. I hope they iron them out, like the windows prompt screen I think 3 times, in between the projections? i mean come on, that should not happen.

also the PA did cut out several times, not only during MBV, but also during the opening bands, I mean come on guys, invest in some new cables or something that dont have to be held together with duct tape?

on the positive side, security was relatively mellow. and it was packed! I think they do capacity including the balcony, however the balcony was closed, so all the people were on the floor. maybe they closed the balcony because otherwise it would not be a sell out? I dont know, doesnt make sense. the side stage was bar area though Im not sure if you needed a ticket for that or if it was VIP area or what the story was.

Posted by Anonymous | September 23, 2008 10:24 AM

"What did you all expect! They're not Radiohead!"

Posted by Anonymous | September 23, 2008 10:33 AM

I wasn't at the show, but I can definitely say that the 1992 show was a lot better than last night's at Roseland.

Posted by Regular reader | September 23, 2008 10:55 AM

I was at the show last night, and I saw them in the 90s.

Aside from their looks, the shows were identical.

Posted by Anonymous | September 23, 2008 11:57 AM

Regular reader :

Posted by Anonymous | September 23, 2008 12:01 PM

sorry projector guy, I was smoking crack.

Radiohead ruled.

Posted by Anonymous | September 23, 2008 12:50 PM

I attended last nights show.

If I see another white fender jazzmaster, I'm gonna beat someone.

Posted by :) | September 23, 2008 12:51 PM

"regular reader" is a douche bag.

Posted by Anonymous | September 23, 2008 12:52 PM

Last night's show wasn't perfect, what with the technical difficulties of a few blown amps and some flubbed projection cues, but the performance was incredible. For Roseland, the sound was good and 9:55 is exactly right in pointing out that the vocal mix matched the albums. An incredible, powerful show, and yes, bring your own earplugs.

And respect must be given to the cute T-shirt girl who had to face all of us rabid fans all by her lonesome. Be nice tonight, kids—it isn't her fault that she works solo and you have to wait your turn.

Posted by nrvsnrg | September 23, 2008 12:56 PM

setlist? anyone? mainly trying to recall what exactly followed blown a wish that seared my face clean off...

Posted by Anonymous | September 23, 2008 1:30 PM

I thoroughly enjoyed Roseland last night, sans earplugs, and will go again tonight.

Posted by Sean | September 23, 2008 1:50 PM

Last night's show at Roseland was AMAZING. We stood behind the soundman - where the good sound is. Everything was super clear, except the vocals (which is obviously to be expected & wonderful that way). The crowd in the back was surprisingly nice. But wear your earplugs. We pulled ours out a bit to catch some of the higher frequencies.
So, if you want good sound & not-too-annoying of a crowd, stand near the mixer.
Possibly my top show EVER... next to Love at Warsaw, Underworld at Glasto, Radiohead at Red Rocks, Bjork at Coney Island...

Posted by spamgie | September 23, 2008 2:12 PM

Was I too drunk? Or did they actually start with When You Sleep and not play I Only Said at all?

Posted by Anonymous | September 23, 2008 2:16 PM

they definitely played "i only said".

Posted by spamgie | September 23, 2008 2:21 PM

1. Radiohead Night 1
2. MBV Roseland
3. Radiohead Night 2
4. Sigur Ros Grand Ballroom
5. REM MSG

Posted by Anonymous | September 23, 2008 2:24 PM

1. Portishead > Prince at Coachella
2. Fleet Foxes at Bowery
3. Radiohead Night 2
Morning Jacket at Radio City

Posted by Anonymous | September 23, 2008 2:33 PM

Last night was a fantastic show. The wall of noise did not disappoint after 16 years.

The Blue Hearos (33bdz) earplugs at your local Duane Reade will do the trick: stop the pain (2 people near me sans earplugs went down last night) AND allow you to hear subtleties in the sound.

Posted by Anonymous | September 23, 2008 2:36 PM

I'm not a douchebag--I swear! Why would you say something like that? I was just provoking BV readers, getting them to say that "Man, Regular Reader is an OLD DUDE" and then I'd come back and say that "The people in MBV are at least ten years older than me, thus twenty years older than you." No one took the bait.

Sad face.

Posted by Regular reader | September 23, 2008 2:45 PM

Last night rocked me silly.

Posted by Anonymous | September 23, 2008 2:48 PM

I thought you were baiting people by comparing a show you allegedly saw with one that you admittedly didn't.

Also, you shouldn't be so self-conscious about your age.

Posted by Anonymous | September 23, 2008 2:52 PM

Was such a good show. I highly recommend earplugs.

Posted by benjamin | September 23, 2008 3:08 PM

who opened?

Posted by Anonymous | September 23, 2008 3:09 PM

Pavement made these guys.

Posted by Anonymous | September 23, 2008 4:09 PM

am i crazy, or were the prices on merch 25% more at Roseland than at ATP?

Posted by Jonathan | September 23, 2008 4:13 PM

photos and commentary of the monday nite roseland show at my bloggy!

Posted by kenyon | September 23, 2008 4:16 PM

i was at roseland last night (9/22), and i have to say, i'm a little startled by the negative comments here. for my money, MBV's set was overwhelming, physically and emotionally, in a way that seems "beyond" a mere rock concert, in the same way that coltrane's highest work is somehow "beyond" music. i'm still feeling the emotional effects many hours later. physical, not so much. like everyone else sane on this board, i strongly recommend plugs to anyone attending tonight. saw dino jr. last year downtown without plugs and was deaf for three days. last night was MUCH louder, and the only damage i notice is a slight hissing in my left ear. FWIW, i'd say the three best shows i've seen this year are MBV last night, sigur ros at the grand ballroom, and i dunno, maybe emmylou harris at town hall. last night's openers were Le Volume Courbe (wicked cute) and Wounded Knee (lose the flute!). stop being so goddamned jaded, NYC hipsters! take it from a 52-year-old who still knows how to have fun.

Posted by tim serbo | September 23, 2008 4:20 PM

"am i crazy, or were the prices on merch 25% more at Roseland than at ATP?"

that's probably because roseland takes a cut out of merch sales.

Posted by jbergs | September 23, 2008 4:26 PM

"Listen to all of you complain about low vocals, and pointless noise jams. Have any of you actually listented to the records? That is how they've always sounded, live and on record."

Haha, my thoughts exactly. For MBV, I think the LAST thing I'm worrying about are the vocals low in the mix. Otherwise, glad there's been good feedback (no pun intended).

"stop being so goddamned jaded, NYC hipsters!"

Haha, what do you expect when people rate My Morning Jacket and Wolf Parade as being the best shows they've seen all year? Ugh! Talk about snoozers.

Posted by Paul | September 23, 2008 5:02 PM

Paul - exactly. Plus, as good as I'm sure Spritualized were at Terminal Five, Terminal Five makes Roselands look good. Anyone who actually likes Spiritualized (or just music in general) would've gone to Williamsburg and presumably not a My Morning Jacket show as well.

I'm looking extremely forward to tonight and hope that the crowd can be remotely decent and grateful, etc. I suspect it won't all matter after a certain point.

Posted by J | September 23, 2008 5:23 PM

after seeing MBV at ATP the show at Roseland was a bit of a let down. how come the sound at roseland sucks so much?
I guess I am just feeling a bit spoiled after APT because the sound was so amazing. The APT show was mind blowing.

Posted by mbs | September 24, 2008 2:08 AM

Kudos to the photog - the shots above are VERY good. Thanks!

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 9:34 AM

The 9-22 show was great and I got it on DAT too ;p

Did anyone get a setlist from the stage?

Posted by dash4541 | September 24, 2008 3:08 PM

wait you got it on DAT?!

care to share?

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2008 4:55 PM

Anyone know what guitar Belinda is playing in the first few shots - the sparkly blue number? Is it a Fender Mustang semi hollow...??

Posted by meagain | September 24, 2008 4:57 PM

I don't mind, I am happy to trade.

Where are you?

Posted by dash451 | September 25, 2008 12:38 AM

dash451, if you happen to read this, i'd like you to know that i would kill--or pay a good price--for a copy of your DAT. i have nothing to trade, alas, not being a member of the taping community, but i would happily work out a fair price with you. leave a comment here if you're interested in a sale. thanks.

Posted by tim serbo | September 25, 2008 3:53 PM

They didnt play Sue is fine or Blow a Wish at ATP

Posted by Remarkably Spry | September 25, 2008 5:49 PM

Tim, I think we can come to an accord. Leave your email address here and I will contact you with details.

Thanks
dash451

Posted by dash451 | September 25, 2008 5:57 PM

Don't buy someone's recording.
Download it for free, like here:

Posted by Anonymous | September 25, 2008 6:08 PM

Just curious, did anyone else tape the show?

Posted by dash451 | September 25, 2008 8:41 PM

yo, dash451. you'll find me at harriscollingwood at mac dot com. cheers

Posted by tim serbo | September 26, 2008 7:41 PM

none mentioned mogwai drummer's health.... I think it's more relevant than a festival of middle class middle aged people in skinny jeans...

Posted by rafiohead sucks | September 30, 2008 12:35 PM

Here's the Chicago show:

Though the Aragon's sound sucks, MBV made it amazing.

I Only Said
When You Sleep
You Never Should
When You Wake (You’re Still in a Dream)
Cigarette In Your Bed
Come In Alone
Only Shallow
Thorn
Nothing Much To Lose
To Here Knows When
Slow
Soon
Feed Me With Your Kiss
You Made Me Realise / Holocaust Section

Posted by avant gardener | October 6, 2008 5:30 PM

It looks like they put on a great show. Not sure if i want to see band i have to wear ear plugs for they could turn it down so you can hear them.

Posted by dsl | May 24, 2011 11:15 AM