Posted in music | tour dates on September 16, 2008

SEmi Precious Weapons

PREVIOUSLY: Perez Hilton did SXSW

edit: Perez Hilton is doing irreparable damage to my brain.

Posted by Anonymous | September 16, 2008 5:31 PM

what's going to be big? it's part of cmj. how can it possibly be??

Posted by Anonymous | September 16, 2008 5:33 PM

Seriously, who gives a flying fuck.

Posted by Anonymous | September 16, 2008 5:38 PM

whoop de fuckin' do!

Posted by Anonymous | September 16, 2008 5:43 PM

I saw Semi Precious Weapons last winter at Rebel and found their set incredibly boring. But Perez says it's going to be big. So I'm not sure who to believe, Perez or my brain.

Posted by Anonymous | September 16, 2008 5:50 PM

Yessssssss!

Rachel Ray is DJing the Titus Andronicus party at Market Hotel for CMJ. Can't fucking wait.

Posted by Anonymous | September 16, 2008 5:51 PM

I'm with 5:38pm - really, who's gonna show but the table bottle buying crowd and all of its Parises, Britneys, Jennifers and Slutillas....

Posted by Anonymous | September 16, 2008 6:23 PM

Say what you want of him, but his SXSW party was awesome...NERD and free awesome espresso rum shots. He's kinda like Girltalk.

Posted by Anonymous | September 16, 2008 7:25 PM

He is a lot like Girl Talk actually...

I hate all the people who like him.

Posted by Anonymous | September 16, 2008 7:36 PM

So far, the only CMJ show I'm interested in is Merge and I really can't see trying my luck without advance tix. BV, please come through with some good day shows or this is shaping up to be a weak year.

Posted by Anonymous | September 16, 2008 8:26 PM

BIG in caps means its big for real.

Posted by sarah | September 16, 2008 10:13 PM

1) The show got moved to Oct 24th. oops.
2) Now I uunderstand if SPW isn't your thing, because they are so over-the-top. But boring? Are you that hip?

Posted by kris | September 17, 2008 12:21 AM

well perez likes chairlift and that mea;ns a lot

wait...

Posted by Anonymous | September 17, 2008 1:04 AM

great... now the LIRR, Jersey Transit, Bridges AND Tunnels will be packed with suburban drones who looking to become part of the international cool-elite

I head MTV is gonna do a hipster showcase with Kayne, Lil weezy and Paramore... wow.. doesn't get better than that..

Posted by Anonymous | September 17, 2008 7:40 AM

I think he might be gay

Posted by Anonymous | September 17, 2008 8:02 AM

Sweet Jesus. This is going to be awesome. I'm totally going to bang models !!

Posted by Anonymous | September 19, 2008 10:52 AM

if you've seen their set once, you've seen it a million times. how many times can you watch the same hair-pulling karatae-chopping pretty boy act without realizing there's *nothing* behind this music?

Posted by Anonymous | September 19, 2008 10:56 AM

We are throwing the most amazing party in New York City next Friday, October 24th during the big CMJ Music Marathon.

Ours is going to be THE party of the festival, though. Easily.

We have some amazing people lined up to perform, plus some special surprises.

It's going to rock!!!!!

At our big party in Austin during SXSW this past March, we had the most amazing lineup: N.E.R.D., Katy Perry, Robyn, Shwayze, Eric Hutchinson, Dragonette, Ultraviolet Sound, Meiko, Riskay, Chester French, and Larry Tee.

"One Night in New York City" is being held at the great Highline Ballroom, which is big, so a lot of our Perezcious readers will be able to attend.

We will be announcing the performers and how U can get tickets, beginning on Monday.

Mark your calendars and stay tuned.

We're bringing the fire!

Posted by brooklynvegan | October 17, 2008 3:40 PM

check out www.nycdailydeals.com for info on free CMJ shows and other cool things to do in nyc during the festival.

Posted by Anonymous | October 25, 2008 1:19 AM