Posted in MP3 | music on November 19, 2008

DOWNLOAD: Belle & Sebastian - a short interview with Stevie and Chris (MP3)

Belle and SebastienBelle and Sebastien

To mark the release of the BBC Sessions album on Monday 17th November (in the UK) and Tuesday 18th (USA) we have a short interview with Stevie and Chris, with their recollections of the various trips to Manchester and London.
Download the MP3 above. Check out the BBC Sessions tracklist below...

BBC Sessions

07: I'm Waiting For The Man
08: The Boy With The Arab Strap
09: The Wrong Girl
10: Dirty Dream 2
11: Boys Are Back in Town
12: Legal Man

I hope that interview answers the question of how they got so bad so fast.

Posted by Anonymous | November 19, 2008 10:51 AM

Life Pursuit was ace!

Posted by Anonymous | November 19, 2008 11:55 AM

Its nearing three years since Life Pursuit. I'm going to pick up this BBC Sessions thing but I want *new* B&S!

Posted by Paul | November 19, 2008 12:01 PM

And yea, Anon 1 is an idiot. The Life Pursuit was their best album since Sinister.

Posted by Paul | November 19, 2008 12:13 PM

<3 B&S

Posted by Anonymous | November 19, 2008 12:33 PM

Life Pursuit was extremely good. It's rare a group puts an album out that great, that late. anyone else accomplish such a feat?

Posted by Anonymous | November 19, 2008 1:02 PM

This BBC Collection is great. You need to make sure that you pick up the 2-disc "Limited Edition" though. The second "bonus" disc really makes the package.

On a side note though-- I was a little bummed about the packaging for the Limited Edition. I was hoping it would be the really nice "book" style of the Life Pursuit and Push Barman limited editions. Instead it's just a single jewel case with a 2-disc tray inside. A minor quibble. The pictures inside are really cute though and the music totally makes up for the sub-par packaging.

Can't wait for new B&S though. Sounds like Stuart is finally finishing up his "soundtrack" project thing. Hopefully they do a little touring next year. Hell... I might even go to Scotland to see them if that's the only place they're going to be playing. Luckily I've managed to see B&S members perform around here a couple times this year.

Posted by wembley | November 19, 2008 1:25 PM

I too can't wait for another tour. I finally saw them for the first time on the Life Pursuit tour in Boston. I didn't think they would be going on hiatus right after :( I would have at least gone to a few shows on that tour!

Posted by Paul | November 19, 2008 9:30 PM

Huge disappointment, though there are a few good tracks on the second disc.

By the way, Life Pursuit was better than Storytelling, but just barely.

Posted by Anonymous | November 19, 2008 10:42 PM

Some of the earlier session tracks were not included according to the Pitchfork review.

Anyone know where one could find these?

Posted by Eugene | November 20, 2008 10:45 AM