Posted in movies | music | video on November 22, 2008

Jenny Lewis - Bolt

I just saw the animated Disney movie Bolt. Like the critics said, it was really great, and not just because it's completely in 3-D.

I won't post any spoilers, but the film is about a dog named Bolt (John Travolta) and his human Penny (Miley Cyrus). In additon to the score, there are basically two full songs in the movie. One is actually sung by John and Miley. That comes at the end. The other, by Rilo Kiley's Jenny Lewis, is during a (what I think was a) major scene of the movie. It completely surprised me. I wasn't 100% sure it was her, but the credits confirmed it, and then the credits confirmed that the child actress is also assistant director which had me leaving the movie thinking she had that job, though IMDB points out that she is the voice of a character called "assistant director" (which makes more sense I think).

The Jenny and Miley songs are both on the soundtrack which is otherwise all John Powell's score. Not on the soundtrack: Motorhead's "Dog Face Boy" which has a quick cameo in the movie (no spoilers). The Jenny Lewis (new) and Motorhead (old) songs, and another video that ties them together nicely, below...

Jenny Lewis - Barking At The Moon

Ozzy Osbourne - Bark At The Moon

Motorhead - 1995 - Sacrifice - Dog-Face Boy

hit. it. i. would.

Posted by Anonymous | November 22, 2008 1:54 AM

She's very a nice people.

Posted by Anonymous | November 22, 2008 3:04 AM

She's also a very people

Posted by Anonymous | November 22, 2008 9:28 AM

Agreed. Jenny's a really sweet person.

Posted by Anonymous | November 22, 2008 9:34 AM

Very interesting pairing of songs...

Posted by Vegan Eating Out | November 22, 2008 1:38 PM

I can almost guarantee you that she wasn't the actual A.D. That's a huge responsibility on a film set. Not to say she doesn't have the brains for it but it takes years of training to get to that point on a major Hollywood production. Since parts of the film take place on a film set she was probably the voice of the A.D. on the movie within the movie.

Posted by James M. Johnston | November 22, 2008 2:38 PM

What film set?! It's an animated film!

Posted by Anonymous | November 23, 2008 10:24 AM

I just saw the movie as well and hadn't been aware Jenny had a song in it, so I was presently surprised when I heard her voice!

I also noticed her name in the credits as assistant director and was surprised. When I got home and looked it up, IMDB did just seem to say she did a voice of "assistant director", but I also remember it being separate from the voice credits. I asked my brother about it (he's a tech guy at feature animation for Disney) and he said he knew who the actual assistant director was and it wasn't her, so if she was the assistant director of something, it wasn't the whole film. Still a mystery!

Posted by Anne | November 23, 2008 8:08 PM

doesn't seem like much of a mystery to me...

she did the voice of a character called "assistant director".

Posted by wembley | November 24, 2008 8:55 AM

Posted by Matt | December 20, 2008 11:05 AM

Those who want to move the office to only address the most important objective of the trust sector as one way of customer satisfaction is essential to have the car show with the performance profile of professional articles, showing their care. Steel closed chassis vehicles, the owners of business personnel, 24 hours 7 days service, unconditional customer satisfaction ... This service has to be the most stressful job, even impossible to walk into. firms as well

Posted by ankara nakliyat | March 3, 2009 1:29 AM

It was great animation movie again from Walt Disney, Thank you for all production team again.

Posted by Bolt Wallpapers | March 10, 2009 3:35 PM

She is the voice of "assistant director" :) Great song!

Posted by Lyss | March 28, 2009 11:14 PM

supper Great song!

Posted by sac ekimi | April 11, 2009 2:57 AM

Posted by burun estetigi | April 11, 2009 3:00 AM

Posted by estetik | April 11, 2009 3:53 AM

Posted by arac kiralama | April 11, 2009 4:24 AM

Posted by rent a car | April 11, 2009 4:27 AM

Posted by burun estetigi | April 11, 2009 5:12 AM

I can't believe I didn't realize it was her singing in the movie...I did catch her name in the credits though. owners of business personnel, 24 hours 7 days service,(http://www.ulusevdenevenakliyat.com/) unconditional customer satisfaction ... This service has to be the most stressful job, even impossible to walk into.

Posted by evden eve nakliyat | April 24, 2009 3:06 PM

she is the voice of a character called "assistant director" (which makes more sense I think). prostat Since parts of the film take place on a film set she was probably the voice of the A.D. on the movie within the movie http://www.prostatturkiye.com/

Posted by prostat | April 25, 2009 9:15 AM

FUCK YOU, SPAMBOTS!

Posted by Anonymous | April 25, 2009 9:25 AM

Very interesting. Great song. She voice of assistant director.

Posted by prefabrik evler | May 17, 2009 7:18 PM

Posted by konteyner | August 10, 2009 4:15 AM

Then the credits confirmed that the child actress is also assistant director which had me leaving the movie thinking she had that job, though IMDB points out that she is the voice of a character called "assistant director" (which makes more sense I think).

Posted by Kabin | August 10, 2009 4:32 AM

She looks gorgeous, I can't wait to see her.

Posted by araba | April 14, 2010 4:07 AM

esident-elect's vast Web operation into a modern new tool to accomplish his goals in the White House. Obama's team is determining how best to convert his army of online activists into a viral lobbying and communications machine.

Posted by Google Reklam | September 22, 2010 7:33 PM

prostat Since parts of the film take place on a film set she was probably the voice of the A.D. on the movie within the movie http://otomatikrentacar.com

Posted by Otomatik Rent A Car | June 23, 2014 2:09 PM

confirmed that the child actress is also assistant director which had me leaving the movie unconditional customer satisfaction This service has to be the most stressful job thinking she had that job, though IMDB points out that she is the voice of a character called http://www.hepsiukash.com/p/ukash-bozdurma.html

Posted by ukash bozdurma | July 28, 2014 2:10 AM